NBC Sports Boston Joe Haggerty needs a p̶r̶o̶o̶f̶r̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ job

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Game 7 2010 against Philly. I’m up on level 9. Haggs is up there suited up, mic in hand. I attempt to say hello and he shushes me. A moment later his camera man readies himself and he does a quick blurb for the camera. Before the lights even went down on the interview Haggs was gone. Never said a word to me or the camera operator. Just gone.

I also ran into him in Brooklyn and let you a “hey it’s the Simonetti Fan Club!” And he laughs and says he’s done with the boards and lays into the moderators, of which i was one at the time.

don’t like his work either

BUT, i never wanna see anyone lose a job especially this way. Period.

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I never liked or agreed with his takes but I liked hearing him on the radio because it meant they were talking hockey. I do like Ty Anderson these days tho.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Haggs constantly talked down to people....like 90% of the time I heard him. Not sure why I’m supposed to feel bad for him when I honestly believe that he’d kick other guys if they were down.

I’m not celebrating but I’m not losing sleep either.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Btw, I have similar feelings about Kirk Minihane. I often wonder why so many people feel badly for him when he spends so much time wishing ill will on others.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hags was awful. Period.

Sorry he got whacked, but it happens to the best of us. Shit, Quenneville got fired and he won 3 Cups.

I hope he finds employment soon.....just not as a writer covering the Bruins.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Haggs is a hack but to be fair all sportswriters and media personalities should be out of a job. They are beyond useless other than for relaying the fluff that their GM and PR buddies feed them.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'll be honest that I never had a problem with Haggarty as a reporter. I didn't follow him religiously, nor did I ever engage him in the Twitterverse (don't even use Twitter), but as far as his writing goes, he didn't bother me. To me he was your average, run-of-the-mill sports reporter, some things he got right, a pile he got wrong, goes with the territory.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well hell, I am glad on a personal level for Haggs. It sucks being out of work and good for him for landing on his feet. Even better for him going to Boston Hockey Now with Murph, as I don't have two separate sources to ignore. It's a two-fer now :D

Reactions: Gee Wally and BMC

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
“Bruins need to get bigger and stronger,” haggerty.

also haggerty, “teams worse with out Krug.” The undersized D. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gordoff and PB37

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Being proud to announce that you have Jimmy Murphy and Joe Haggerty as the tip of the spear of your hockey media operation is like saying you're happy to announce to the world that you like your filet mignon well done. Gross, defeats the purpose, and automatically disqualifies you of any opinion you have.

Reactions: Gordoff and SPB2776

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Media coverage of the Bruins entering 2021 is weak

Herald - Steve Conroy
Patriot Ledger - Mike Loftus
Athletic - Fluto Shinzawa
Globe - Matt Porter and KPD
NBC Boston - DJ Bean
Boston Sports Journal - Conor Ryan
Boston Hockey Now - Jimmy Murphy and Joe Haggerty

Free Agent - Joe McDonald

We live in a world where Maria from Watertown now gets access to Bruins zoom calls

When there IS breaking Bruins news it always comes from a media outlet in Canada.

CKGM Montreal (TSN 690) covers the Bruins better than ANY outlet in Boston.

member 96824

We live in a world where Maria from Watertown now gets access to Bruins zoom calls

giphy.gif

Reactions: Gordoff

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Herald - Steve Conroy
NBC Boston - DJ Bean

When there IS breaking Bruins news it always comes from a media outlet in Canada.

How Joey Mac is still out of work is beyond me. Also, Marisa Ingemi from the Herald.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Herald - Steve Conroy
NBC Boston - DJ Bean

How can you leave out my guy Ty Anderson? Easily the best of the bunch (IMO). Conor Ryan seems decent as well, but I've never felt the need to subscribe to BSJ when there's so much free content available elsewhere and a subscription to The Athletic gives me broader national access.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

CKGM is now a TSN affiliate !!!!!!! Man - I grew up listening to Ralph Lockwood and hoping to hear Ormstown Elementary ( and later on Chateauguay Valley Regional High School ) on the early morning list of school closures due to snow. Add this to my " you're getting old Bobby boy " list. :(

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad