Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Isn’t he at his 4th year junior? Let’s not get carried away here. I never saw the guy play and i would be more than happy if it would be our turn to find an undrafted gem but guys who only dominates in their last junior year usually never make a big splash at the higher level.
He’s a 99’ birthday just like Poehling, Suzuki, and Brook.

Reactions: Tyson and Habs4Life

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
worst case scenario this kids becomes a very good AHL career player or a bottom 6 player who brings hard working forecheck and bluepaint finish.

We got this kid for free and he's only 19. Bouchard coached him and asked the organisation to bring him aboard. Who knows if he cannot end up a Gallagher type of player.

Imagine if we have made that bet with Brett leason before the season started.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Since the trade to the Huskies, he has 19 goals and 13 assists in 20 games. Makes you wonder what his stats would have been had he played with the Huskies all year.

It's really hard to ignore a goal a game pace even if he's 19 and in the Q. I just see the highlights but I love the size/skating combo and how he drives to the net and seems really good at protecting the puck. Good finish around the paint. We could desperately use someone like that.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
worst case scenario this kids becomes a very good AHL career player or a bottom 6 player who brings hard working forecheck and bluepaint finish.

We got this kid for free and he's only 19. Bouchard coached him and asked the organisation to bring him aboard. Who knows if he cannot end up a Gallagher type of player.

Imagine if we have made that bet with Brett leason before the season started.

If there's one knock I'd have on Bouchard, he's clearly had a big hand in building Laval's roster since we brought in so many guys that played for him at some point. The problem is most of them just haven't been very good. Now hopefully Teasdale does better, he certainly is looking better then his teammate Alain who lacks speed and doesn't bring much more then his shot. It's too bad we got him over Barre-Boulet who is just killing it this year in the A.

Alain didn't do much till his overage year like Waked, he's been a better AHLer then Waked at least but doesn't look like he'll be much more then a AHLer. Teasdale with his speed alone looks like he could at least be a possible NHLer down the road.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Why did 31 teams pass him over an entire 7 rounds? Weird

Yeah, I don't know and haven't followed him closely enough to know for sure. All I know is he caught my eye in training camp out of the blue and showed he had something.

Some guys are also just late bloomers. I'm not saying he'll be a pro, but here in Kitchener, Yantsis was signed as a free agent at 17 and got three goals. At 18 he got 5 goals. At 19 he has 41 and counting. Guys slip under the radar in their draft year from time to time.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, I don't know and haven't followed him closely enough to know for sure. All I know is he caught my eye in training camp out of the blue and showed he had something.

Some guys are also just late bloomers. I'm not saying he'll be a pro, but here in Kitchener, Yantsis was signed as a free agent at 17 and got three goals. At 18 he got 5 goals. At 19 he has 41 and counting. Guys slip under the radar in their draft year from time to time.
They are rare but some undrafted players do end up being good NHLers. Let’s hope he is one of them.
That Leason kid went undrafted this past June and ended up playing for Team Canada at the WJC..,you just never know

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Agree . 4th liner at best ; Just another Danault :sarcasm:

I wouldn't say at best, 4th liner is most likely as not many undrafted guys go on to be top 6 players and it's not like he's put up impressive numbers before this year. Danault was a 1st round pick, who started off his pro game a bit slow but then his production took off. While that could certainly happen to Teasdale, I wouldn't expect it to, it would be great for us if it did.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
Not his best weekend but he's score is 40th goal of the year in victory against Sherbrooke...

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I only got a small glimpse of him in training camp, but he's the guy I remember the most because he showed quite a motor.

I think he could be a fan favourite if he can take the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad