Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
I can see him taking the same path as Anthony Cirelli. Un expected but works and will make himself know and will be a good 4th line player easily coming in.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So is there any real knock against him? He seems to move well for his size. I hear he's got a good motor. I don't know if his shot is quite good enough to score a ton in the NHL but he seems to score most in tight. Is he strong enough to get to the paint in the pros?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The athletic has a great piece today on the Habs CHL prospects and made a convincing argument that Teasdale likely won't translate his skills outside of juniors.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The athletic has a great piece today on the Habs CHL prospects and made a convincing argument that Teasdale likely won't translate his skills outside of juniors.
Let me guess, Scott Wheeler ?

Teasdale is basically a grinder, I wonder what is not transferable in his play style.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I can see him taking the same path as Anthony Cirelli. Un expected but works and will make himself know and will be a good 4th line player easily coming in.

I don't know if he has the getaway speed that Cirelli has, but he has a similar profile, yes. I was highly impressed by Teasdale in pre-season against the Panthers. Florida had basically their A team and he was giving them fits. He plays a brand of hockey that should translate well to the pros.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“It's one of the excellent series. It's really great teams. The best teams I thought they were near the end of the season. Rimouski are quick, play physical, an offensive depth and a great goalie. Drummondville we know it's really a big team, it's not for nothing they finished third in Canada. Halifax as well they had important elements. It'll be a good semi-final.”

“I feel very well. I took the full confidence on me to be in a team of that caliber (Rouyn-Noranda). To play with guys like Peter Abbandonato and Alex Beaucage before Christmas it's sure that help too. I'm just playing my own game. Playing simple. I give always my 100%. I'm using my tools and it's helps me a lot.”

“It's sure it's not a good news (the Abbandonato's injury). But we see that we'll put that into the positive side. There's players who got to give more because of that. Players who'll get more ice time. Give it more.”

“I don't think we're an all-star team, they're no many drafted players apart from Noah Dobson and Zach Emond. We're all together, the chemistry of this locker room it's incredible. Everybody is on same track. There's no selfish players. Just to play our game as simple as that and to not be distracted by these comments.”

“We moved forward since this defeat who've stopped that streak. Even when we were on that streak we weren't thinking about it. We just wanted to concentre ourselves on the process like we always said. Continuing that right job to be continuing until the end.”

“He told (Bouchard) me if I'll be soft he'll tell me and that I'll pay the consequences. Told me to go to the juniors to took the confidence and the maturity. That's what I did. I'm willing to handle that with the best training summer and to be ready to the camp.”

“It's two good coaches (Pouliot/Bouchard) who are thinking mostly on work ethic and that's exactly what I needed. My style of play is to work very hard, working on the little details.”

“I don't think I'll be a more offensive player. I'm the type of player who play the 200 feeth game. As much defensively than offensively. My first quality is my work ethic. I play physical. I'll say that I'm an energetic player who'll send some energy into a hockey game.”

“After two deceptions by losing two consecutives finals, that's sure my goal is to win it this year. For the whole team, we want to win. We're all on the same direction.”

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I’ve seen JT play a few times & like his game. He has a net front presence and plays with an edge. I’m not sure why he was passed over since central scouting had him at 84th in 2017 and others had him around the 4th rd. He plays with energy every shift and has the intangibles we wish Drouin had.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I’ve seen JT play a few times & like his game. He has a net front presence and plays with an edge. I’m not sure why he was passed over since central scouting had him at 84th in 2017 and others had him around the 4th rd. He plays with energy every shift and has the intangibles we wish Drouin had.
Positive reinforcement adding up to the Rocket.

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
And outside the rink he's a gentleman always there for signing autograph for kids and people... he's little bit shy but very nice kids extremely near of his family... Not only a great player but a nice person to discover...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
this kid could very well be a nice depth top9 player in the incoming year and who knows, maybe a complimentary player that can play on any line.
An Deslauriers'esques guy more adapted to the NHL 2.0.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
I don't know if he has the getaway speed that Cirelli has, but he has a similar profile, yes. I was highly impressed by Teasdale in pre-season against the Panthers. Florida had basically their A team and he was giving them fits. He plays a brand of hockey that should translate well to the pros.
I wasn't quite comparing them as players, but comparing the paths that I could see both of them taking in comparison to some prospects we used to be high on who kinda fell off the charts completely

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
this kid could very well be a nice depth top9 player in the incoming year and who knows, maybe a complimentary player that can play on any line.

I think I see that. A guy who can move up and down the line up like Weise did possibly and like Shaw and Byron are doing now. I like him and Poehling in our line up. Could use some size and more net presence in the top 9. More skill as well obviously but I wouldn't mind a couple guys who can get in the blue paint and make their mark.

Reactions: HOPE

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So is there any real knock against him? He seems to move well for his size. I hear he's got a good motor. I don't know if his shot is quite good enough to score a ton in the NHL but he seems to score most in tight. Is he strong enough to get to the paint in the pros?
I believe that's the main concern with him. He scores most his goals around the net overpowering junior players, but it wont necessarily translate in the pros. We'll see.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
He'll like never get a chance as MB likes to build from the bottom up constantly acquiring 4th liners or shuffling chairs on the titanic. I wish we had a gm that would use our own prospects/development system instead of looking for role players that we already have in our system who are better. Him and CJ need some work here me thinks.

Reactions: LaP

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I believe that's the main concern with him. He scores most his goals around the net overpowering junior players, but it wont necessarily translate in the pros. We'll see.

For guys who have good work ethic, guys who train a lot, that playstyle is very translatable. (see Gallagher). By all accounts, JT seems to have a that grinding spirit.

I think its only concerning when a player is known for being lazy or simply not the hardest workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad