Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I remember having seen the kid three years ago... He was so small and tiny.... But now he is 6'0 and 200 pounds. I hope he is as speedy now than he was back then.

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
I was surprised to see that no subject had been created on this prospect...

Here is an article where he talks about his last possible junior before making the jump with the Rocket next year... In French

Teasdale veut terminer en beauté

Last edited:

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Nice pass from Teasdale on the PP 1:45 into the game... game delayed for bad ice. Probably Will get cancelled....

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
The game has resumed. But it was a 2-hour delay.
I know ;)
20190216_204845.jpg

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Lafreniere was a big baby all game. 2 bad penalties, always arguing with the refs after every whistle, showboating all game.

I even had the chance To be hit in the side by Lafrenieres stick blade :laugh: the guy was so pissed :laugh: smashed his stick against the board. Only guy on his team playing with a Bauer stick and not a CCM one.

received_388002485326536.jpeg

He kept the stick tho :(

The guy reminds me of Eichel with his antics.

He gud tho. Relly gud

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Lafreniere was a big baby all game. 2 bad penalties, always arguing with the refs after every whistle, showboating all game.

I even had the chance To be hit in the side by Lafrenieres stick blade :laugh: the guy was so pissed :laugh: smashed his stick against the board. Only guy on his team playing with a Bauer stick and not a CCM one.

View attachment 188271

He gud tho. Relly gud

Last year in the playoffs in Moncton he was shadowed the entire series. He was getting pissy then too. Seems immature but that's natural considering he's only 17 lol.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

View attachment 188271

He gud tho. Relly gud

Can't wait to see his reaction when Byfield gets picked before him.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Can't wait to see his reaction when Byfield gets picked before him.

Byfield would need to improve significantly. Lafreniere is leading the Q in points despite playing at the juniors. Even if you use lafreniere last season because he's 9 months older, he had 42 goals, 80 points in 60 games while Byfield is struggling to put up 1PPG this year despite the massive size advantage.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Byfield would need to improve significantly. Lafreniere is leading the Q in points despite playing at the juniors. Even if you use lafreniere last season because he's 9 months older, he had 42 goals, 80 points in 60 games while Byfield is struggling to put up 1PPG this year despite the massive size advantage.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lundell and Raymond get picked before Byfield too.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He 100% does, its been evident for a while now, but hes got a long way to go.
I know people will gag on this, but I think his game and skill set projects better in the NHL than Suzuki's. And I thought so watching his play in the pre-season.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I know people will gag on this, but I think his game and skill set projects better in the NHL than Suzuki's. And I thought so watching his play in the pre-season.
Suzuki will be better because he's got a better shot. Suzuki's shot and his ability to get in position is goign to make him a top 6 player alone.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
I hope your right. But one has to have the skating ability to create the time and room to use one's better shot. I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He looked like a veteran to me in the preseason and I was surprised that he got cut so early. He looked like a guy that would fit in nicely on an NHL roster but I am certainly not scout material either.

ChesterNimitz

Jul 4, 2002
He looked like a veteran to me in the preseason and I was surprised that he got cut so early. He looked like a guy that would fit in nicely on an NHL roster but I am certainly not scout material either.
I think the bigger surprise was his omission (or even consideration) from Team Canada at the WJC.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
As others have mentioned, he probably does have middle 6 upside. He has a lot of skill and can score as evidenced by his 36 goals in 56 games. He could end up with between 40-45 goals this year which is quite decent. What I like about him is that he’s not afraid to go to the net to score. Seems to have a great hockey IQ as well.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he scored 20 goals over a full season under Bouchard in the AHL next year

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
Isn’t he at his 4th year junior? Let’s not get carried away here. I never saw the guy play and i would be more than happy if it would be our turn to find an undrafted gem but guys who only dominates in their last junior year usually never make a big splash at the higher level.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->