Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
We can't fully enjoy things, can't we? From Reway to Juulsen to Addison. Habs' prospects we look forward to watching go down long term.
Also bozon and geoffrion(who wasn’t super young but still), ikonen last year was injured for the majority of the season as well

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I swear this always happens to our prospects

it was right around this time last year that Ikonen had his knee injury. Then we had Juulsen, McCarron, Tyszka, Evans all get injured at rookie camp or early in the season.

See you in the playoffs (if Laval makes it) Joel!

they will make it for sure!

With such huge advancements in knee repair, I'm not as worried as say maybe 5-10 years ago.

true but it's worse when it's guys like Ikonen or Teasdale that lack skating and or speed to begin with. That said you just hope they bounce back well.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah... missing a full season a this point of a career just wont make it. Really sad, but I can’t see how he can overcome this and make it in the NHL afterwards. ****ing sucks

I know we're clearly not talking about the same type of talent/potential, but missing a season in their draft year didn't prevent Galchneyuk nor Rielly from succeeding... It sucks, especially since his odds of eventually making it are slim, but completely writing him off is a bit much as well.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I know we're clearly not talking about the same type of talent/potential, but missing a season in their draft year didn't prevent Galchneyuk nor Rielly from succeeding... It sucks, especially since his odds of eventually making it are slim, but completely writing him off is a bit much as well.
Galchenyuk and Rielly were injuried and missed a year at 17-18. Teasdale will be 21 when he comes back. Huge difference on the development curve.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That sucks for him. I was hoping he could provide decent offence in Laval bottom 6.

Verbeek, Pezzetta, Alain and Jevpalovs might have some subconscious schadenfreude going as it might help them play more.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You know it’s too bad because an injury like this can end a prospect like Teasdale’s career. He isn’t a premier guy so every second of ice time and development is crucial for a guy like him.

That said, the injury could also help him come back stronger because of the rehab and all the time he is likely to practice his skating - he may be able to correct some deficiencies with the extra attention to it providing he has a full recovery on the actual injury.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No point speculating on this. Every player is different. Just wishing him well and we’ll see how it turns out.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bummer for Teasdale - hopefully he can recover and come back strong.

Really too bad. I was hoping we could see what kind of performance and improvement he could show under Bouchard. If he can overcome this, he’ll be stronger for it. Good luck, Joel.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd say his skating is below average, likely the worst skater in the entire organization. The good news is that unlike say Hudon, Teasdale is built for the 4th line so if he can just get his skating to improve a lot over the years then perhaps he can make it as a 4th liner. The Habs track record with undrafted prospects is really bad DD aside. He reminds me of another undrafted former Hab in Daniel Carr so I could see him being around that although Carr was older when he came out of the NCAA at 22. Carr also was a below average skater but drove to the net hard and scored his fair share of goals from in close.

Reactions: livingod

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
I could get behind the Carr comparison. I still don't get why he's not playing in the NHL. Always thought he fit really well on a 4th line.

I wouldn't say he's the worst skater in the organisation tho. Like I said in the video, he has a great motor and good positioning, strong on his feet. He often get a head start just because he read the play very well. That would be a huge win if he become an establish 4th liner in the NHL. We will see, hopefully the injury doesn't set him back that much. He could end up being a Jérémy Grégoire or Gabriel Dumont type of player if skating become an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad