Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I could get behind the Carr comparison. I still don't get why he's not playing in the NHL. Always thought he fit really well on a 4th line.

I wouldn't say he's the worst skater in the organisation tho. Like I said in the video, he has a great motor and good positioning, strong on his feet. He often get a head start just because he read the play very well. That would be a huge win if he become an establish 4th liner in the NHL. We will see, hopefully the injury doesn't set him back that much. He could end up being a Jérémy Grégoire or Gabriel Dumont type of player if skating become an issue.

who is a worse skater then him?

@Estimated_Prophet who would you say is the worst skater in the organization?

Last edited:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I dont think Hudon is a bad skater.
He just never skates.

That's quite unfair. The dude is just not athletically gifted and his skating mechanics aren't the strongest so it's natural he'll struggle with speed and pace, moreso as a winger with all the stops and starts they go through. With more strength in the lower body and heavy practice in power skating lessons over the summer, Hudon could surprise at camp and be selected amongst the starting team. He'll have to really earn it though, unless we get hit with the injury bug.

I still hold a bit of confidence that Hudon will eventually burgeon in the NHL, it just probably won't be with us.

Reactions: Fixxer

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
That's quite unfair. The dude is just not athletically gifted and his skating mechanics aren't the strongest so it's natural he'll struggle with speed and pace, moreso as a winger with all the stops and starts they go through. With more strength in the lower body and heavy practice in power skating lessons over the summer, Hudon could surprise at camp and be selected amongst the starting team. He'll have to really earn it though, unless we get hit with the injury bug.

I still hold a bit of confidence that Hudon will eventually burgeon in the NHL, it just probably won't be with us.

I dont think thats unfair. Its just not his style of play. He just NEVER pushes the pace, but glides all over the ice.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
McCarron Alzner

No way is either a worse skater then Teasdale, McCarron improved his skating last year and even still I'd say he's a better skater then Teasdale. Alzner is slow for sure, perhaps the slowest player in the organization but I don't think he's a worse skater.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I had some news this morning about the rehab of Teasdale... He recover very well from his surgery and he will come back in December/ January...

If that's true, that would be such good news. I'd rather him not being rushed back. But if we can have him for the second half of the season, I would be real happy.

RHP did such a good job at the rookie camp. But surely that spot on the left of Poehling and Suzuki would have been Teasdale's.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Was he not supposed to be away for 7 months ? We are in March. That is already 8 months, right, since his surgery ?
Yeah I figured an update would have happened...you would think he would be skating...something.

A good update from the Habs on Juulsen would also be nice

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Was he not supposed to be away for 7 months ? We are in March. That is already 8 months, right, since his surgery ?

Yeah I figured an update would have happened...you would think he would be skating...something.

A good update from the Habs on Juulsen would also be nice

The returm date was set at mid-March last I heard.

Reactions: Fixxer

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I am curious as to the whereabouts of a certain Mr Joel Teasdale? I am not a scout or anything like that but I feel like this guy will be a player. Godspeed Joel!

Reactions: angusyoung

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

''Moi avec ma condition j'ai eu de la misère un peu à mon poids donc je suis très content que ça recommence. Le programme de hockey a recommencer lundi. Ils ont eu le feu vert. Je suis de retour avec les groupes d'été normal. Ça fait du bien de revoir nos groupes. Moi ça fait 4/5 ans que je m'entraine avec ce même groupe.''

''Ça fait sept mois que je m'entrainais. J'ai fait un bon six mois à juste m'entrainer et travailler dans le gym. Quand ça a arrêté j'ai penser qu'une petite pause va me faire du bien. Mais finalement c'étais beaucoup trop long. J'ai jamais eu de blessures sérieuses avant. D'avoir vécu c'était quelque chose. ''

''À vrai dire j'étais avec le Rocket toute l'année. Quand ça s'est arrêté je pouvais continuer à aller pendant deux/trois semanines. Il y'avait une règle que les joueurs qui n'étaient pas actif pouvaient aller quand même s'entrainer dans le gym. Mais toute sur une plage horaire différente. On ne pouvais donc pas se croiser. C'était un à un avec le physiothérapeutre ou l'entraineur. Il y'avait des règles strictes. Après un moment ils ont tout arrêter. On n'avais plus le droit d'y aller du tout. J'ai demander un programme à faire chez moi. J'ai suivi tout ça à la lettre. J'ai essayer de maintenir la forme. Je m'étais déjà avancer avant par rapport à ma réhabilitation.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad