Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
He certainly is and is ranked as a fringe 1st rounder/early 2nd at this stage. I just don't have any memory of guys who are 20 and are taken in the first 3 rounds.

Very interesting dilemma. Do you take the 17/18 year old kid or do you wait to see if the 20 year old is still available with a later pick? This is all about player projections and upside

Tanner Pearson, 1st round pick by LA.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah he’s a solid player but he doesn’t do anything particularly well. Just works hard. He’d be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I meant current Lehkonen. His prime will hopefully be 50+ points.
Guy has demonstrated issues with confidence and those don't look good for predicting such thing as 50 points. My expectations have dropped dramatically for him, I see him as a 3rd-4th line material and nothing more, he misses too many of his oportunities to play him quality offensive minutes, so I believe his usage in those circumstances will plummet.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Guy has demonstrated issues with confidence and those don't look good for predicting such thing as 50 points. My expectations have dropped dramatically for him, I see him as a 3rd-4th line material and nothing more, he misses too many of his oportunities to play him quality offensive minutes, so I believe his usage in those circumstances will plummet.

The exact same thing was said about Paul Byron before he joined us...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Byron has one 40 points season and two 20 goals seasons and he is 30 next season. I get the love he gets but ...

He wouldve easily had 20 goals and 40 pts had he stayed healthy all year. He was also only our 10th most used forward.

That wouldve made 20+ goals in 3 consecutive seasons. And he's great defensively as well.

Byron was 26 when he got waived.
The only difference between current Byron and past byron is that the current one is more confident which allows him to finish the many scoring chances he get.
Lehkonen was getting a ton of scoring chances this year, but couldnt finish at all, not even on empty nets...
He just needs more confidence which could come with experience and better luck.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That low? He's 20, not 17 or 18. Is there a past comparison we can use? I can't think of any former 20 year old who had a break out season like this and ended up being drafted in the lower rounds? I guess this past season was a age 19 season to be fair.

It's a good question!

It was. He was not overage.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

This guy doesn’t score goals, he puts them up according to EOTP. :sarcasm:

So he projects as a bottom six but with an outside possibility of becoming an effective 3rd liner and even a top 6 (although I suspect not many in here would buy into that type of ceiling).

Good 2-way player to have nabbed for free and who owns a Bouchardian connection.

Thanks for the link.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This guy doesn’t score goals, he puts them up according to EOTP. :sarcasm:

So he projects as a bottom six but with an outside possibility of becoming an effective 3rd liner and even a top 6 (although I suspect not many in here would buy into that type of ceiling).

Good 2-way player to have nabbed for free and who owns a Bouchardian connection.

Thanks for the link.

Curious to see how he plays at camp. Shows he has finish and robust to a degree. Not gonna drive the play,but a complimentary player,has to show that he can play both ends very well to have a chance.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
FFS. he would have been a great addition in Laval... It realy f***ing sucks, because having a bunch of good prospect together elevates their game and they all get better.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad