Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know why, but I feel like him on the wing and Poehling at center would be a good fit.
Well he did show a strong two way game at the junior level and at the various camps, coupled with a good motor. He could be something of a Lehkonen-lite down the road with Laval , possibly more depending on how good his rehab has been. His knee was damn near destroyed though, even worst than Galchenyuk in Sarnia, so there are a lot of ''ifs''.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Sur la glace: Joel Teasdale

@34:24 - @40:45
“Ma réhabilitation va de mieux en mieux. J'ai recommencer à rembarquer à la patinoire au mois de mars en faisant des entrainements avec les physiothérapeutres du Rocket. Donc on était aller tranquillement. On a essayait de ne pas trop pousser les choses. C'est important de ne pas revenir trop vite avec ce genre de blessures et d'opération là. Il y'a eu beaucoup de progrès et ça regarde bien pour la suite. Je te diras que la force en tant que tel est revenu. Pendant quatre mois je me suis juste entrainer dans le gymnase à travailler pas mal sur ça et plein d’autres aspects. C'était juste de retrouver tout de suite la fluidité du patin et de retrouver mes repères à la glace.”

“Le plan au début de l'année c'était clair que je ne jouerais pas de matches cette année. Je m'étais mis dans la tête que je ne jouerais pas cette année. C'est sûr c'est frustrant puis c'est dur pour le moral. Je jouais au hockey depuis quatre ans en ayant jamais arrêter. Je jouais même l'été. Sept mois (et plus) sans jouer au hockey c'est la plus longue période que j'ai arrêter de faire le sport que je pratique depuis toujours. Ça a été difficile. J'ai appris d'autres aspects de ce sport là. Les blessures peuvent arriver à n'importe qui. Je vais grandir de ça.”

“Joel Bouchard ça fait longtemps que je le connais, en l'ayant eu au junior. Quand il a son plan en tête, il faut que ça l'aille par là. C'est noir ou blanc avec lui. Les joueurs du Rocket ont commencé à embarquer dans son plan. Ils ont vu que quand ils font ce qu'il leur demande ça marche vraiment. Puis c'était beau à voir même avec toutes les blessures et tous les rappels, les échanges, malgré tout ça.”

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't know why, but I feel like him on the wing and Poehling at center would be a good fit.

Poehling better be ready to go at next season's camp cause he's tracking for another AHL year with how well Evans is developing. Teasdale with Poehling might be something to watch in Laval

Poehling got a bit humbled this year (injury derailed him a bit). I think he is hungry to improve and work hard at it. Not so sure how he reacts to another AHL season though. We will see

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-18_16-11-36.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Played his first ''game'' of the year (20/08/15) at the Guimond Complex.

The KR Classic (Edition 5). Composed by Team Duclair and Team Raphael. The auctions was for Leucan.

upload_2020-8-21_15-59-16.png

upload_2020-8-21_16-3-46.png

upload_2020-8-21_16-4-35.png

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm very excited to see him get healthy, he's a great darkhorse prospect.

Like his size and position for our needs right now, and from what I recall plays a solid 2-way game. Do people see his ceiling as a 3rd liner?

Aug 25, 2009
éal

Like his size and position for our needs right now, and from what I recall plays a solid 2-way game. Do people see his ceiling as a 3rd liner?
3rd line would be his absolute ceiling, I'd be thrilled if he become a good 4th liner

Reactions: montreal

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I have nothing to say about him until I see him at the AHL level.

And, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for this whole upcoming season if he falters, given the severity of his injury, and only pass judgement on what he does next season.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Definitively an interesting prospect he's very good on the forecheck and insane around the boards, he creates alot of turnover.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Poehling better be ready to go at next season's camp cause he's tracking for another AHL year with how well Evans is developing. Teasdale with Poehling might be something to watch in Laval

Poehling got a bit humbled this year (injury derailed him a bit). I think he is hungry to improve and work hard at it. Not so sure how he reacts to another AHL season though. We will see
He looked a bit chubby a few weeks ago...lets hope he's gotten back to working out

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He looked a bit chubby a few weeks ago...lets hope he's gotten back to working out

Yeah, Habs organization probably not impressed with him showing up to play in round out of shape. Poehling has to be embarrassed by that. I can see this going two directions... he gets uninspired and wants a trade or he is humbled, busts his ass off with hard work, and pushes for a top 9 spot

Last edited:
Reactions: ItzaGreat

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Definitively an interesting prospect he's very good on the forecheck and insane around the boards, he creates alot of turnover.

I think he's a guy who actually has upside higher than most think. Won't be a play driver necessarily but I think he could be a complimentary guy on a top 6 possibly. He looks like the type of player who can overcome speed issues or work hard enough to get it to a passable level.

If the injury doesn't hold him back I think he's one of our most underrated prospects. Plays with a lot of jam and has solid enough skill to go along with good size. I'm low key pumped about him. Kept forgetting we had him through last year. Excited to see what he can do on Laval

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I think he's a guy who actually has upside higher than most think. Won't be a play driver necessarily but I think he could be a complimentary guy on a top 6 possibly. He looks like the type of player who can overcome speed issues or work hard enough to get it to a passable level.

If the injury doesn't hold him back I think he's one of our most underrated prospects. Plays with a lot of jam and has solid enough skill to go along with good size. I'm low key pumped about him. Kept forgetting we had him through last year. Excited to see what he can do on Laval
I was gonna type that, i don’t think his ceilling is a real top 6 player but if he reaches ot he’s probaby a guy that you can move on every line depending who’s playing there, like you said a forecheck who gets the puck deep and creates space for his linemates. Some good players need these type of players with them.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I say he has a better career than Ylonen. I think his shortcomings are overcome by his strength, tenacity and effort levels. Seems to be a smart player too. I either didn't know or forgot about how good a forechecker he was. His board play and net presence looks pretty special to me. Low key skilled too. Like I said if the injury doesn't set him back any, he's gonna be a good one.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I was gonna type that, i don’t think his ceilling is a real top 6 player but if he reaches ot he’s probaby a guy that you can move on every line depending who’s playing there, like you said a forecheck who gets the puck deep and creates space for his linemates. Some good players need these type of players with them.

yeah he just seems too tenacious to not have an impact imo. I'm a bad judge of skating but to me it seems good enough. Like the video says, he's got the cardio to go full out on a whole shift and that can make up for whatever lack of speed he might have.

I think him being undrafted is in the back of certain people's minds which is understandable. I also think people were under the impression he was an overager because of him being an undrafted guy. I could be wrong but I remember at least one or two posts where people made that mix up.

I'm not saying that most fans are way off in their bottom 6 projections of him necessarily. But I just think there's more. I don't necessarily see why there can't be. You want high end skill but sometimes people underestimate certain players who just have a combination of a lot of good tools who also have good size and can use it. Also with high end effort levels.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Remember Addison? Great last season in the CHL but got hurt in his 1st pro year. Lets hope Teasdale don't follow that path. What's the LW depth in Laval next year? What's his competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad