Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If the Q is a weak league, more kids would put up more points. If you are the best scorer on a power house team, you could be a very good player indeed.

not really, if the league is weak doesn't mean that the kids would put up more points. They could lack talent but be well coached. Look at Laval this year, most of the time they had one real goal scorer, half the blueline were rookies and their starting goalie struggled badly upon return from injury. Yet for much of the season they were one of the top teams in shots against and goals against. They played a very structured defensive game but struggled most nights to score more then 2 goals.

Reactions: QuebecPride

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
Not in the NHL... in the NHL I see him playing on the bottom 6... I see on him a player like Steve Begin but Teasdale have more talent of Begin... Can kill the PK, always dangerous near the net on the PP, only thing he can upgraded is the faceoff..

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
Great wins tonight for Rouyn and very nice game for Teaser... 4 assists tonight and the first star

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
4 pt night

Teasdale > Suzuki

Edit: only 3 pt night, so Teasdale = Suzuki

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Teasdale looking great. This may be a stroke of genius by the Habs organization.

Based on last year's training camp, I don't see much more than a future bottom sixer but I really liked his game and was happy we got him signed. Promising development in the Q too.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Based on last year's training camp, I don't see much more than a future bottom sixer but I really liked his game and was happy we got him signed. Promising development in the Q too.

That's the expected trajectory I think as well. I'm just not sure I'd base it on the camp, as I thought he looked great in camp. If I was basing it on camp, I might be fooled into thinking there is top-6 upside.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
That's the expected trajectory I think as well. I'm just not sure I'd base it on the camp, as I thought he looked great in camp. If I was basing it on camp, I might be fooled into thinking there is top-6 upside.

I never saw that kinda skill but he has lots of great qualities in him. Definitely can be a contributor for us.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I never saw that kinda skill but he has lots of great qualities in him. Definitely can be a contributor for us.

I really noticed a few things about him. First and foremost was his desire to get to the net with the puck. He seems to simplify things and use various tactics (speed change, puck protection, etc) with the goal of just getting the puck to the danger areas. And his forecheck was relentless and effective. He uses his body so well and understands the simplest way to get results is to attack the danger areas. These are all things that make me think he has something to offer long term.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I really noticed a few things about him. First and foremost was his desire to get to the net with the puck. He seems to simplify things and use various tactics (speed change, puck protection, etc) with the goal of just getting the puck to the danger areas. And his forecheck was relentless and effective. He uses his body so well and understands the simplest way to get results is to attack the danger areas. These are all things that make me think he has something to offer long term.

yeah I don't think you have to be sheer skill to be a top 6er necessarily. Not saying I think JT has legit top 6 upside or not but Gallagher's a good example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad