Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
When was the last time a team had 2 playoffs scoring leaders in 2 different ChL leagues ?

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
Second point of the game with the assist on the Dobson goal to tied the game 3-3.... Little luck on that goal but we take all!!!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
At the very very least he should be a really good AHLer. Floor's probably a tweener more specifically I guess.
He got the tools to be at the limit of the AHL and the NHL. It's soon to have a definitive judgement. Move away the fighting stuff roles from JT.
I love him as a prospect but let's temper our expectations a bit. I think his floor is good AHLer and his ceiling is like 40 pts
I'm a fan of his combativity. He's not the most skilled prospect we've tho.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If anything the expectation on Teasdale are very low.

I think he has shown that in the best case scenario he can develop as a solid bottom 6 forward which would be amazing considering he was a free agent.

Reactions: dralaf

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
is it me or does he, or everyone, look slow as hell?
Your eyes probably got used to NHL playoff speed which is unreal. I felt the same way watching the Guelph vs Ottawa game tonight. That being said, I think the caliber is better in that series.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I never understood why he was not drafted. I had him in 3rd round in his draft year

Could be teams saw something that didn't like, or every team had a few players ahead of him still left that they liked more and he just ended up never getting picked.

Has had a great playoffs, but doesn't mean it will translate and maybe those teams will be proved right to not draft him

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's hard not to get somewhat excited about Teasdale. I mean, just by seeing him at training camp, we knew he had potential. With what he's done since the trade and in the playoffs, you have to think that he has more offensive potential than we first thought. I'm trying to temper my expectations for two reasons however..1) He's playing in the "Q" which is the weakest of the junior leagues and 2) He's playing on a powerhouse team that may be inflating his numbers. Either way, it will be fun to follow his progress in Laval next year.

Reactions: dralaf

Jul 6, 2016
It's hard not to get somewhat excited about Teasdale. I mean, just by seeing him at training camp, we knew he had potential. With what he's done since the trade and in the playoffs, you have to think that he has more offensive potential than we first thought. I'm trying to temper my expectations for two reasons however..1) He's playing in the "Q" which is the weakest of the junior leagues and 2) He's playing on a powerhouse team that may be inflating his numbers. Either way, it will be fun to follow his progress in Laval next year.

If the Q is a weak league, more kids would put up more points. If you are the best scorer on a power house team, you could be a very good player indeed.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

This year though, when I looked at the top scorers, the Q seemed to be on par with the O. Historically, I don't think thats always the case but this year seemed to be I think.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Happens all the time. A prospect gets hot (usually in the playoffs) and everyone thinks they're a Top 6 lock. It's not just our team.

I haven't seen ONE poster think Teasedale is a top-6 lock. What did I miss? Teasedale has the potential to be a role player that raises his game when it counts and plays higher/better than his actual role at crucial times. Could be a playoff performer as a secondary scoring source from the bottom six, if all works out in a perfect world.

At the very least, Montreal can finally start producing its own bottom sixers with the likes of Teasedale and Evans, instead of needing to give up assets to acquire middling, but safe, veterans at the deadline or needing to sign middling, but safe, UFAs to fill those spots.

Reactions: dralaf and Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad