Prospect Info: Joël Teasdale (QMJHL Rouyn-Noranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For sure, his D+1 year and start of D+2 year was PPG, but for the Q, that's not that great. Was this more a product of his team? Hard to say. His numbers exploded after the trade to Rouyn this year. He seems to have a nose for the net thought as he had 32 goals in 65 games last year and 43 goals in 66 games this year including 24 goals in 29 games after the trade.

I think being in Hamilton with Joel will do wonders for his development. Bouchard knows the player well and should be able to push all the right buttons to develop him into a solid NHLer

I didn't see his team last year but they were 50-11-7 and had Barre-Boulet and Alain putting up big numbers. It's good that Bouchard knows him but he wasn't able to push the right buttons with Alain, who was gifted 2nd line and PP time but throughout the season was finally demoted as he just did not deserve it and Bouchard finally adjusted.

Reactions: FrankMTL

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It's finish Hamilton. Currently, it's Laval near Montreal.

LOL woops...Obviously I was thinking about lunch, I know it's in Laval, I actually live quite close. The weird thing is that I didn't even type St John's, which was right before Laval. They haven't been in Hamilton since 2014-2015.

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I didn't see his team last year but they were 50-11-7 and had Barre-Boulet and Alain putting up big numbers. It's good that Bouchard knows him but he wasn't able to push the right buttons with Alain, who was gifted 2nd line and PP time but throughout the season was finally demoted as he just did not deserve it and Bouchard finally adjusted.

True, but wasn't Alain 20 years old last year? He turned 21 in March of his last season in the Q. His 19 year old season, he wasn't even a PPG with only 52 points in 54 games. Your point still stands that Bouchard needs to a better job with Teasdale than he did with Alain.

Jul 6, 2016
Casual fallacy siting...........it is a relatively weak league, try comparing alumni from the OHL and WHL.

Is it really that difficult to stay intellectually honest?

A good player is a good player wherever you play in the Q, the O or WHL.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

To be fair with Bouchard though, he did not have much talent on hand. There's no way Alain would have played on a 2nd line on an average AHL team. Hopefully the experience and the extra ice time benefit the kid in his development. Next season should be more interesting on the talent-front as you are certainly aware. That's where we should see the Bouchard magic at work. His teams always tend to outperform expectations and the Armada were known to be one of the 'Q org. at finding hidden gems and overlooked players. Hopefully that continues at the AHL level.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
To be fair with Bouchard though, he did not have much talent on hand. There's no way Alain would have played on a 2nd line on an average AHL team. Hopefully the experience and the extra ice time benefit the kid in his development. Next season should be more interesting on the talent-front as you are certainly aware. That's where we should see the Bouchard magic at work. His teams always tend to outperform expectations and the Armada were known to be one of the 'Q org. at finding hidden gems and overlooked players. Hopefully that continues at the AHL level.

He played on the 2nd line to start the season when they had Agostino, Chaput, Froese, etc...

His team this year certainly outperformed expectations when you factor in they quickly lost all their goal scoring talent aside from Froese who they lost later on.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
It's an average of all the NHL, of course there is a high chance there will be a difference with the average (deviation) if you take every player one-by-one. It's to give you a rough idea of what to expect, it's not a given ;)
I’m aware that these numbers are averages. That is why they don’t apply to any specific prospect. Therefore, they are useless when translating a prospect’s numbers from league to league. I guess you could say they show which league is stronger than others. Besides that, they do nothing for their true purpose which is translating a prospects stats to the NHL. It’s a misleading stat in my opinion.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Does Teasdale play in the Q as a 20 year old next year or does he play in the AHL?
Not an unproven player in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League anymore. A summit who've already climbed by Joel. Nice way to end up that trajectory atm. With Coach Pouliot on his side into a good ending. Ready to be in the American Hockey League.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not an unproven player in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League anymore. A summit who've already climbed by Joel. Nice way to end up that trajectory atm. With Coach Pouliot on his side into a good ending. Ready to be in the American Hockey League.

Lots of rookies to play in Laval next year... Poehling (maybe), Suzuki, Brook, Primeau and add Teasdale. Maybe even Walford.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I’m aware that these numbers are averages. That is why they don’t apply to any specific prospect. Therefore, they are useless when translating a prospect’s numbers from league to league. I guess you could say they show which league is stronger than others. Besides that, they do nothing for their true purpose which is translating a prospects stats to the NHL. It’s a misleading stat in my opinion.

No, they're there to support or temper expectations. They apply to all the prospects. Again, it's to give a rough idea of what to expect. There will 99% of the time be deviation from averages, which doesn't render averages useless. It's the best we've got to understand the value of production outside the NHL. Everything else is just blind guessing and faith claims.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Québec just has less children playing hockey because amateur sports are a big part of our culture, that's why Québec wins so much medals in international amateur competitions. Quebec young athletes just don't automatically chooses hockey as their go-to sport, just look at how Quebec performs in the Canada games, they just steamroll the other provinces. So the league will never produce as much NHLers as as the two other leagues because youth hockey is not as big here.

Reactions: QuebecPride
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->