Confirmed with Link: JJ Daigneault & Dan Lacroix let go; Habs Sign Dominique Ducharme - 3 years to be new assistant coach

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You guys really think Molson had a hand in this? I don't. He had to call in Savard to help with NHL GM candidates and you think he knows what's going on in the Q.

Geoff is only a rep. for ownership -- someone in there had to have a talking-to and it made its way to Bergevin. I'm thinking this is all part of the short leash he's operating under now. Ducharme is clearly the type of hire that goes off the beaten path of MB's vast circle of unemployed friends.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Happy with these moves.

Hope Ducharme encourages creative offensive play.

Hope we get better than a former bottom pairing D man that MB peed in the same bathroom in when he was 17 , as the new defense coach.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Some have been very adamant in the claim that none of our failures can be attributed to poor coaching even when defending Sly. I saw some of them here today praising this coaching move. I chuckled at the hypocrisy.

Pretty sure no one ever argued that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The firings were predictable and expected. The Ducharm move as some have suggested is a surprise. Have the brass decided the majority of the league is correct size speed and talent trumps grind? :huh:

Unfortunately we still need players. :help:

Reactions: Redux91 and Tyson

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I hope Julien had something ti say about the hire...

I find it concerning that he didn't bring his own coaches in, and now, it's fully plausible that he didn't have much say over ducharme. People mention Molson as a guy who might have his finger prints on this one around here, but I haven't heard anyone mention Julien being instrumental.

It should be a simple philosophy. Let the head coach be a head coach. That means to allow the head coach to implement his vision. How do they expect him to succeed if he can't make these decisions with autonomy?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
You guys really think Molson had a hand in this? I don't. He had to call in Savard to help with NHL GM candidates and you think he knows what's going on in the Q.
don't you know that every bad moves are from Bergevin and that every good moves are from someone else ?

Reactions: KawaYui

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad