Confirmed with Link: JJ Daigneault & Dan Lacroix let go; Habs Sign Dominique Ducharme - 3 years to be new assistant coach

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
You do need to specify. You said they SOLD the farm, that implies they traded it all away. So that post was inaccurate just for the sake of being pessimistic.
No, it's a very realistic reflection of our current young core situation. If you're content with mediocrity that's your prerogative. We've pawned enough picks and prospects over the past few years for veterans to justify my statement but you choose to be literal and name a dozen, dime-a-dozen players as proof that we have young players just to be argumentative.

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
Good.

Medical staff needs to be let go too. Or whoever is taking decisions when it comes to surgery. Three guys unable to train and get ready for next seasons because they waited during a pointless season.

I know the players likely had a say in this, but if the medical staff wanted surgeries and the player hesitated, then it falls on the GM to convince said players to go through it. Poor leadership one way or another.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My impression is he looked genuinely happy about it. Of course one can always fake but still if he was unhappy about JJD and Lacroix being replaced i think it would have shown in his attitude.

As I posted earlier in this thread, to me it's more an indication of where Julien is at, at this point in his coaching career. He has relative job security, a well-paid long-term guaranteed contract, life is good. Having a talented young coach under his tutelage is not a threat for him.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I was simply making a joke and never spoke about Julien's feelings about the hire. Obviously he must've agreed to it and feels happy to have someone extremely competent by his side.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
Good.

Medical staff needs to be let go too. Or whoever is taking decisions when it comes to surgery. Three guys unable to train and get ready for next seasons because they waited during a pointless season.

I know the players likely had a say in this, but if the medical staff wanted surgeries and the player hesitated, then it falls on the GM to convince said players to go through it. Poor leadership one way or another.
This ^

We need to fire chief therapist and get new fresh blood! I could also see a scenery change for our trainer consellor since we have too much ligament bruise or injury. Rynband and Allard need to gtfo!!!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
It really is quite refreshing this news, i know its only what could turn out to be minor personel moves BUT

i could never shake this feeling of "god how can they not get rid of JJ already, he is clearly NOT the guy for this position.."
and i could never shake this feeling of watching ducharme and thinking "god,...why cant we get somebody like that.... some lucky NHL team is going to SCOOP him up so bad.." amazingly bergevin didnt let this happen..

amazingly both these things happened on the same day, honestly im startled

The initial reaction was of course "aw not head coach in laval?", but i mean when you really think about it why do you want a coach in laval that bad? so he can one day coach the real team, well not EVERY person you get but if you get someone like Dom you think ok coach laval for a couple and then bam, habs coach one year

but i think being installed ALREADY at the NHL level assistant coach, shit he might already be on that fast track to coach we all want even faster than we thought

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It really is quite refreshing this news, i know its only what could turn out to be minor personel moves BUT

i could never shake this feeling of "god how can they not get rid of JJ already, he is clearly NOT the guy for this position.."
and i could never shake this feeling of watching ducharme and thinking "god,...why cant we get somebody like that.... some lucky NHL team is going to SCOOP him up so bad.." amazingly bergevin didnt let this happen..

The initial reaction was of course "aw not head coach in laval?", but i mean when you really think about it why do you want a coach in laval that bad? so he can one day coach the real team, well not EVERY person you get but if you get someone like Dom you think ok coach laval for a couple and then bam, habs coach one year

but i think being installed ALREADY at the NHL level assistant coach, **** he might already be on that fast track to coach we all want even faster than we thought

It feels sort of like the carbo route. He was an assistant under MT, then gainey brought him back a few years later with the intention of making him HC soon.

I don't think carbo was ever HC in the ahl.

Even back in the MT days, I think we all sort of thought he would be HC one day

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

but i think being installed ALREADY at the NHL level assistant coach, **** he might already be on that fast track to coach we all want even faster than we thought

Exactly. Agreed on all fronts.

And for him to go straight to NHL assistant coach, after listening to them, is full of logic. He will be groomed to be the next head coach right next to the current NHL head coach. And Claude has a lot of knowledge to share.

Reactions: Redux91

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
This is meritocracy.

Daigneault is let go because he hasn't done the job with developing D.

Lacroix is let go for being a special teams disaster for 5 years.

Waite is rewarded for his good work (with Niemi this year, with Price except this year).

No one's son was hired.

Ducharme has Canada jr gold pedigree and could one day coach the habs. Most people are tired of the language requirement for a head coach , but he is a blue-chip coaching prospect , great to have .

Hopefully Bouchard comes to Laval .

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Habs' Hockey Ops page updated. I like the looks of this:

27fa49d0-2193-41b1-854d-f8c4c8945bf2.png

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Thanks for digging that up! I wonder if Daigneault and Bergevin would have made the NHL if they had not played with Lemieux? Everyone on that team would have had exposure to scouts, since Lemieux would have been scouted heavily even at that age.
JJD was taken 10th overall by Vancouver in the 84 draft (the one where Mario was taken 1 OV and Montreal took Svoboda 5th after keeping him in hiding). A guy who warrants a 1st round draft selection is a legit prospect, Mario or no Mario.

Fun fact about JJD: Vancouver drafted him 10th overall, and were surprised when he took so long to come to the podium. Turned out he was on crutches, and apparently the Canucks staff HAD NO IDEA.

Photos: Canucks first-round flops or farmed out

upload_2018-4-28_18-55-27.jpeg

story.html

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It might also change in the next few weeks, did anyone else heard that Kirk Muller is going to be interviewed by NYR for the head coach position?

I think Friedman mentioned it in his 31 Thoughts Podcast. However, it wasn't inside info as much as it was his opinion.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And you know if Bouchard comes in, he's cleaning house. I do wonder if he is the Laval head coach, if he will have other functions.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Funny how with Ducharme, several sources reported that the Habs hadn't contacted him and how he was sought by other organizations.

And here we are with Bouchard where more and more pundits are expecting him to sign with the Habs. I hope we're not disappointed and something else happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->