Player Discussion Jimmy Vesey

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Quinn took to Vesey, they practically knew each other. I like Buchnevich's skill set better and he is 2 years younger.

I have seen more skill from Chytil in his time here then I have ever seen from Buchnevich. He is a one zone player who logs a lot of PP time. He seems to be very opportunistic which is good but other than being a good setup man that skillset I think is more of a belief than an actual reality.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's sarcasm you only understand if you're regularly reading and/or posting here. It was an obvious jab at the poster you tagged.
Oh crap, that actually went over my head. And here I am claiming I am the king of sarcasm. Guess there are some other aspects of sarcasm "surrounding me". I guess birds of a feather. Thanks bud.....for having my back and clearing that up for me. (No sarcasm, sincerity)

Reactions: egelband

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Watching Vesey fumble perfect Zibanejad passes/redirects really got on my nerves Sunday.

Every time the puck came near him it was off his stick before I could blink.

The Mouth

May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Vesey is affordable and productive. I see no reason why you would want him of the team considering how pourus this team is at offensive production at this time.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He is an average 27-28 productive player in his previous seasons @The Mouth - right after christmas he was almost dry for a month - and he has missed quite a few open net chances or alone with a goalie grade A chances beginning of this season. Personally I`m not a fan of this player, and don`t see him as an important piece going forward at all.

Besides in 2020-21 Jimmy Vesey is UFA - hopefully he can get enough value to be worthwhile for a future pick. I don`t see him as an important picce in New York on this team and maybe much less than Quinn, but we lack top 6 depth when Jeff is rebuilding and moving players. But our 1st line have 0 points in 4 games now and Vesey is part of that line in his last 4 games 0 points with 1 st line TOI playing with Kreider and 63 pts Mika which is a record season for him as well.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
He’s a streaky player
4 game slump now
Before that 10Pts in 11GP
Before that 6 game slump
Before that 4Pts in 5GP
Before that 4 game slump
Before that 8Pts in 10GP
etc
Looks like he’s due for another 8-10Pts over the next 10-12 games with the way he goes

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He is an average 27-28 productive player in his previous seasons @The Mouth - right after christmas he was almost dry for a month - and he has missed quite a few open net chances or alone with a goalie grade A chances beginning of this season. Personally I`m not a fan of this player, and don`t see him as an important piece going forward at all.

Besides in 2020-21 Jimmy Vesey is UFA - hopefully he can get enough value to be worthwhile for a future pick. I don`t see him as an important picce in New York on this team and maybe much less than Quinn, but we lack top 6 depth when Jeff is rebuilding and moving players. But our 1st line have 0 points in 4 games now and Vesey is part of that line in his last 4 games 0 points with 1 st line TOI playing with Kreider and 63 pts Mika which is a record season for him as well.
Vesey is getting blamed? He at least hustles out there while Kreider has mailed it in for the season and was demoted off the top line.

Reactions: The Mouth

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Please, I'd love to hear why you don't like him. Did he not take a selfie with you while he was running to catch a flight?
He took the selfie but he made this face

115807.jpg

The Mouth

May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com

I enjoy Jimmy Vesey. Under Quinn he has gone to the net more. If you want to talk about slumps how long as Kreider been on his quest for 30 ? Bottom line is the Rangers don't score many goals , especially now. I'm not making excuses for the kid but his totals will probably end up where they always do with a bit more assists. I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes true Kreider has been on/off most of his career and he got an assist last game. So hopefully he can reach 30 goals and a good chance for that this season.

Perhaps I expect too much of Jimmy Vesey, but he could easy have above 40 pts, and Vesey has usually played a top 9 role this season with some good players including Zucc earlier in the season. Although he has a record season so at least he is building value. I think it`s more about the player skills and sometimes I am waiting for something to happen which dont always occure with him.
Yes thanks the weekend was quite good. :)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
a 25 y/o we got for free, who is on a 0.5-ppg pace. Yeah, i can't really complain.
While it is nice, the "we got him for free" argument becomes less important as his career moves along. In fact, it probably loses all importance next season.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
While it is nice, the "we got him for free" argument becomes less important as his career moves along. In fact, it probably loses all importance next season.

As long as he's an asset on the teams books, it's always a nice circumstance he practically signed for "free". Talking from an economical stand point here. On average Vesey is meh ... but still he can basically play bottom-9. On the ideal juggernaut at the horizon he's a 4th liner. I think, I said that he's not good enough offensively to be top 6, not good enough defensively to be bottom 6.

Most importantly if we end up getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the end, we turned hot air into a lottery ticket ... then this argument will be the main reason of content.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad