Player Discussion Jimmy Vesey

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Consider me still extremely skeptical. He’s been red hot the last 3 games - shockingly, ever since he was put with Kreider and Zibanejad. Basically just picking up exactly where Zuccarello left off.

I think a cardboard cutout could put up points with those guys this season.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Consider me still extremely skeptical. He’s been red hot the last 3 games - shockingly, ever since he was put with Kreider and Zibanejad. Basically just picking up exactly where Zuccarello left off.

Pumping that trade value though.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I think this is Vesey's opportunity to really step it up and maybe become one of the team leaders. A void created by Zucc and Hayes' departure is an opportunity for him. He's one of the skilled guys left. If Quinn is any good of a motivator, he has had that convo with Jimothy.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hate to necro bump a thread but I feel like Vesey deserves some love for the way he's seized the opportunity in front of him this month. He's been better this year and is starting to show some signs that he's figuring out his game in the NHL. 10 points in his last 12 and 6 in his last 3. Always viewed him as a potentially very good complimentary winger and he seems to have found a niche there.

Good bump.

I still don't understand the hate Vesey gets. I think it's because of unrealistic expectations.

As a bottom 6 winger, he can produce. The voids in his game have been remedied by some Quinn, but the important thing is he hasn't been a big liability on the ice.

No problem with this kid at all. Despite his flaws he's a hard working player who's shown improvement. I'll take that on a rebuilding team that needs to establish a certain kind of culture for our prospects.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Good bump.

I still don't understand the hate Vesey gets. I think it's because of unrealistic expectations. And maybe his stupid looking, puncheable face?

As a bottom 6 winger, he can produce. The voids in his game have been remedied by some Quinn, but the important thing is he hasn't been a big liability on the ice.

No problem with this kid at all. Despite his flaws he's a hard working player who's shown improvement. I'll take that on a rebuilding team that needs to establish a certain kind of culture for our prospects.

Not just saying this to you as I see this a lot but... I am not sure why we feel the need or that it is okay to attack the appearance of people? This isn't me talking as a mod as there really isn't a rule against it. Just as a poster who finds it to be wrong.

It isn't like we are talking about Brad Marchand or Tom Wilson, players who are bonafide assholes. We are talking about a 25 year old kid where his only offense is not living up to some of the wholly unrealistic expectations that were set for him by fans.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I can see your point but thats always been his upside. A guy who is skilled enough to produce as the 3rd best guy on his line in the top six. Looking at his production over the last 3 games he hasn't been a passenger with Kreider and Zibanejad. He's been making plays and finishing chances.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Not for anything, the Rangers have thus far received a total of 46 goals, 135 points and 254 combined games from prospects they signed as free agents, including 61 points and a combined 141 games from players who were not drafted by any NHL team.

At some point, they don't have to all become stars for us to have received a good return on our investment.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Not just saying this to you as I see this a lot but... I am not sure why we feel the need or that it is okay to attack the appearance of people? This isn't me talking as a mod as there really isn't a rule against it. Just as a poster who finds it to be wrong.

It isn't like we are talking about Brad Marchand or Tom Wilson, players who are bonafide *******s. We are talking about a 25 year old kid where his only offense is not living up to some of the wholly unrealistic expectations that were set for him by fans.

I personally take a lot of solace from the fact that I'm more attractive than Jimmy Vesey. How dare you try to take this away from me.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I personally take a lot of solace from the fact that I'm more attractive than Jimmy Vesey. How dare you try to take this away from me.

Jimothy Vesey is the best brother in a band of brothers soldiering through 1944 bombed-out France. A straight-up fella, Jimothy Vesey goes all-out on the battlefield and prefers to address you in un-duplicitous slang like, "you writing a behavior report to your girl back home?" or "you keep an eye on my six while I do a blanket drill."

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

It isn't like we are talking about Brad Marchand or Tom Wilson, players who are bonafide *******s. We are talking about a 25 year old kid where his only offense is not living up to some of the wholly unrealistic expectations that were set for him by fans.

It's really just teasing him and trying to be funny. I like Vesey and just defended him!

I honestly didn't think anyone would be offended by it, but after reading your post I'm wrong. My bad!

DOYbTL8UEAA3j7M.jpg

Reactions: Gardner McKay

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Vesey can be moderately productive in a bottom six role. He still struggles with passing and makes stupid decisions, but every player has his flaws.

He can also thrive playing with really good players. That sounds like a "duh" statement, but not every player can suddenly become highly productive just by being paired with good linemates.

He's a good piece. Not a crucial, core piece, but a solid complimentary guy that I'd like to keep around for the right price.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Vesey can be moderately productive in a bottom six role. He still struggles with passing and makes stupid decisions, but every player has his flaws.

He can also thrive playing with really good players. That sounds like a "duh" statement, but not every player can suddenly become highly productive just by being paired with good linemates.

He's a good piece. Not a crucial, core piece, but a solid complimentary guy that I'd like to keep around for the right price.

Seems like he can more than moderately produce at a bottom 6 role. He's on pace for 45 points this season and has been consistent almost all season. 45 points is 2nd line territory(the low end).

His passing has improved this season as well as his defensive play. Obviously he still has flaws but has made improvements.

31 points in his last 50 games. Probably the most underrated player on the team.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

I really have no idea how he has 16 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad