Confirmed with Link: Jimmy Vesey traded to Buffalo Sabres (3rd Round Pick in 2021)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
In 2021.. Sabres are not going to move any 2020 draft picks. :)
I am happy with this move and nothing much to add here.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I hoped for a bit more sexy return, maybe a reclamation project like Alex Nylander, but the market is flooded. Don’t think anything like that was on the table.

Hopefully Namestnikov is next.

Reactions: Ori

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good luck in Buffalo Jimmy!

One of the oddest obsessions against Vesey on the board i could never figure out. Guy was fine for what he did. So now that i dont have to read a few posters odd vendetta against him every game in every thread is a win.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I hoped for a bit more sexy return, maybe a reclamation project like Alex Nylander, but the market is flooded. Don’t think anything like that was on the table.

Hopefully Namestnikov is next.

Gorton probably had to dump salary right away with the imminent Panarin signing.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I didn't mind Vesey as a player. Clearly had some limitations as a player, but all bottom 6ers do.
Would have liked either a 2020 pick or a higher 2021 pick, but he cost us nothing to obtain and it was well worth seeing what he could do.
Hopefully for his sake he can carve out a nice little career in Buffalo

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I wasnt a fan of Vesey as a Ranger. I think, for me anyway, it was the way in which he struggled which was so frustrating. I would see him play a shift and display many of the tools necessary to be a valuable, defensively safe, scoring forward for a long time. What he lacks is hockey IQ/Instincts. Seeing a guy who is pretty talented constantly make bad reads and poor decisions in very frustrating. I wish him the best but I personally am relieved by this move.

RonaldNeptune

Nov 13, 2017
Was never a hater of Vesey, just never really struck me as a guy who had a real significant role. He potted a few, but seemed like he had a knack for getting meaningless goals (no actual research to support this claim). At the end of the day I just didn't see him as a guy that had that winning mentality, even with a smaller role. Best of luck to him. I feel like Kreider is a rich mans Vesey and as much as I enjoy his play, again not a guy i see with that killer instinct. Get a few more assets and lets parlay it into something more in 2-3 years when we are actual contenders

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I never thought much of Vesey watching on TV but when I saw him in person I could see why he had hype. Maybe he will put it together for Buffalo. That said happy with the trade.

Reactions: egelband

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Scoring 15-18 goals with the amount of minutes he played and amount of assists he had is absolutely not impressive.

Oh well, Buffalo's problem now.

He was a solid even strength goal scorer for the minutes he got. Problem is that was his only real asset. Bad on the PP, no real playmaking ability to speak of, negative impacts at even strength.

A below average NHL player on an expiring deal. Not surprised at his value.

The vitriol for him probably comes from the hype he came along with as a FA. People were losing their minds at their team signing this dude. Also his dumb face maybe.

Good luck in Buffalo

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
I am not willing to commit to a 29-year old Kreider, sorry
He is 28. I think it’s important to keep a few NY veterans around and if we can have him at like 6,5 AAV*5 years I think we should do it. That would take him to 33, he should still be worth the money by then, taking cap rise into consideration.

Reactions: egelband

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Vesey was a disappointment. He was supposed to be a legit plug and play top 6 forward. Didn't happen. The team is changing. His buddy Hayes was traded. Good luck to him in Buffalo.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
He is 28. I think it’s important to keep a few NY veterans around and if we can have him at like 6,5 AAV*5 years I think we should do it. That would take him to 33, he should still be worth the money by then, taking cap rise into consideration.

He will be 29 when his contract expires.
And if he takes less than 7 x $7MM, he has done whoever signs him an ENORMOUS favor.

Reactions: Kallio

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad