Confirmed with Link: Jimmy Vesey traded to Buffalo Sabres (3rd Round Pick in 2021)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Guys I’ve been saying it and saying it while others have shot it down but no one NO ONE if the money is even remotely similar goes and plays for the JV when the VARSITY is calling

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Done to get Panarin, I'm sure...but in a vacuum, I don't like it. Players with size and some snarl and scoring are hard to find and I still think Vesey can develop in those areas to the point where he'd be a useful player on a winning team. And he was cheap and only signed for this season.

If the Rangers don't acquire Panarin, this was a stupid move.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
All signs are pointing toward the NYR landing Artemi Panarin.

Darren Dreger

Boom

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Guys I’ve been saying it and saying it while others have shot it down but no one NO ONE if the money is even remotely similar goes and plays for the JV when the VARSITY is calling

The Islanders were significantly better than the Rangers last year. This is such an arrogant take.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The Islanders were significantly better than the Rangers last year. This is such an arrogant take.

And it’s reality my friend. Like it or not

No one picks the islanders on purpose over the Rangers. I know you don’t like me saying it like I have but you know deep down I’ve been right on this all along

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Belief is Panarin left money on the table. New York rangers are always an attractive draw.

Dreger

Like I’ve said was going to happen

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
And it’s reality my friend. Like it or not

No one picks the islanders on purpose over the Rangers. I know you don’t like me saying it like I have but you know deep down I’ve been right on this all along

Because you basically spit in everyone's face to argue that you were right. There are like, a thousand other people on this board who say the same thing as you. It's not some novel take.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wow, some really salty posts in this thread. Not one of my favourite players, but I honestly don’t understand the hatred towards him. Good luck, Jimmy boy.
Never understood it either. Am I missing something ? Didn’t the guy choose to come play for the Rangers when other teams came calling? Ok he wasn’t a 30 plus goal scoring sniper but still

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
vesey.jpg

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Because you basically spit in everyone's face to argue that you were right. There are like, a thousand other people on this board who say the same thing as you. It's not some novel take.

I spit in everyone’s face bashing the islanders? You should take a break and hydrate you are salty AF right now lol

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Very happy with this trade. You remove a guy who hasn't showed up for more than half the games for the last 3 years.

Best of luck Jimmy. Hope you cash in while in Buffalo.

Wish you well, but he's not a guy I want on the team.

Not enough character & compete.

Reactions: McCartney

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Off to SUNY Buffalo for your junior year, Jimmy!

From the start, it was never a fit. Objectively, Sabres seem to be a really solid fit for him.

Good riddance, punk.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The return is meh squared not sure why anyone is happy with that. A 3rd two years from now is at least a round worse than a more current pick.

Whatever Vesey wasn't as bad as some people make him out to be.

Also teams are going to see the Rangers need to unload salary, I am not sure the deals are going to be so great. If I was an opposing GM I would take advantage of the opportunity here.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The return is meh squared not sure why anyone is happy with that. A 3rd two years from now is at least a round worse than a more current pick.

Whatever Vesey wasn't as bad as some people make him out to be.

Also teams are going to see the Rangers need to unload salary, I am not sure the deals are going to be so great. If I was an opposing GM I would take advantage of the opportunity here.

no GM has used cap crunches against any other team so why would it hurt us?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but trading him to Buffalo, the team that acquired his rights and he refused to sign with, is pure karma. I love it

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Vesey, who was expendable in the first place, became even more expendable as the Rangers continue to stockpile wingers much better than him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad