Confirmed with Link: Jimmy Vesey traded to Buffalo Sabres (3rd Round Pick in 2021)

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Fine with this.

Would of thought we could eke a little more out of it; but the value is fair, and now there is one less guy standing in the way of our tsunami of young wingers.

Reactions: BleedBlueNYR

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Namestnikov is the guy. Can you move him out without money coming back? If so you don’t even have to buyout anyone. It’s a quiet 4 mil that nobody talks about. It’s a lot of money. Can we move him? That would be a big cap save

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Remember the league-wide sweepstakes for this guy?
Pretty funny he's coming back to Buffalo after all is said and done. Fans talked him up like he was going to be a dominant first line player. How many threads were there on him? Good times.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Namestnikov is the guy. Can you move him out without money coming back? If so you don’t even have to buyout anyone. It’s a quiet 4 mil that nobody talks about. It’s a lot of money. Can we move him? That would be a big cap save

No another body would have to move.

Namesnikov isn't going to go unless we're setting our sights on getting crazy.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We're talking Buffalo. It will be almost like getting a high 2nd, folks. ; )

Otherwise I have never been as down on him as some of you. Vesey came in with very high expectations as a ready-made high-end 3rd liner that would become a top-6 in no time. Well, he's a goal scoring 3rd liner now (albeit not on a true contender). One just doesn't score 30+ goals over two seasons being AHL level as some of you claim he is. He can score and has a frame so maybe he'll become a better fit with the Sabres, which he never seemed to be here.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Honestly though even if he did turn into that would you miss him? No right? Weird player

Yeah he was a bit vexing for sure. Had he turned into a 50-55 point player, I probably wouldn't have wanted him gone as he likely would have not driven us as crazy had he scored more.

Bottom line is he's gone and I wish him nothing but the best in Buffalo.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You really think i wanted break news about Panarin getting snagged by the damn Rangers over my #Isles .... i'm done

From Incarcerated bob ^^^

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Somewhat lousy return, I was hoping for a 2nd, but I guess Gorton wanted to make room for some younger guys.

And trading Vesey makes sure Quinn cannot overuse him. Vesey probably got more PP time than he deserved.

Good riddance young man, good luck in Buffalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad