Value of: Jimmy Howard to CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Its an important distinction though. People has to "keep beating that drum" because people like you donesn't understand it. Alternatively live in denial and think Rittich is a proper starter.
I recommend watching Rittich more.

Rittich is not better. He just simply faces far less shots than most starters in the NHL. He faces less quality shots. Last couple of games? His Sv% in his last 20 games in .908....
He’s finding his game more and more as time goes on. Someone who looks at the numbers only wouldn’t understand.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
He’s finding his game more and more as time goes on. Someone who looks at the numbers only wouldn’t understand.

Rittich may be finding his game -- which is great -- but talk about being thrown into the fire for the Playoffs...

Howard is a stable, veteran post-season rental, nothing more. Chances are he goes back to Detroit in the off-season, and any trade would/should probably just be picks and Smith.

Reactions: IcedJuicebox

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Rittich isnt ready his game lately has dropped off. .889 save % in last 10 games. the only reason he has a great record is because your offense is quite good. You get a veteran goalie for insurance in case his game falls off more!!
No

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Yes the Allstar goalie needs to retire lol. go watch field hockey.
Detroit couldn’t give him away a couple years ago. Now, he’s 2 years older, without the term. Not a single team is looking at Jimmy Howard as a viable starting goalie and teams don’t give up anything of value for backups, heading into the playoffs. Give it a rest.

Reactions: Dubcity

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Let's be honest, he was only an all-star because of the stupid rule that every team needs a representative. There have been a ton of absolutely stupid arguments praising Howard, but this is easily the worst of all. Being the best Red Wing, is like being the tallest midget.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Let's be honest, he was only an all-star because of the stupid rule that every team needs a representative. There have been a ton of absolutely stupid arguments praising Howard, but this is easily the worst of all. Being the best Red Wing, is like being the tallest midget.
Let’s be honest your team isn’t winning shit anyways

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
We're as close to being legit contenders as you are to getting the first overall pick, so perhaps this isn't the year you should be **** talking other teams.
My team has won 4 Cups in my lifetime...how many have the Flames won in Your lifetime. Take a lap

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My team has won 4 Cups in my lifetime...how many have the Flames won in Your lifetime. Take a lap
Bragging about the accomplishments of other people, that makes you a real man! As long as the Wings have fans like you, I am going to love every second they are league bottom feeders.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Bragging about the accomplishments of other people, that makes you a real man! As long as the Wings have fans like you, I am going to love every second they are league bottom feeders.
Facts...sorry you can’t handle it

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Facts...sorry you can’t handle it
I can handle it just fine, I've been listening to Oiler fans bragging since the 80s. It may be a fact that the Wings have more Cups, but it's also a fact, neither you or I have any impact on that success, or lack of it of the teams we cheer for. Judging by your location, you are a Wings fan because you are from Michigan, like I am a Flames fan because I am from Southern Alberta. So, good for you on being born to a team that was really good a decade ago, I suppose?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
And each year the Flames don’t win I’m going to enjoy it more and more...

CaptainCrosscheck

Dec 21, 2011
Wings fans are kinda experts on not having a reliable vet. We ran Legace, who had a great regular season, who many believe melted down in the post season and we had no reliable back-up. Then there was 09 iirc where we went with Hasek for first two games in the first round, he then shit the bed and was replace by Osgood, who some ppl think would've won the Conn Smythe had the wings won in 09. Point is you need a reliable back-up. Will that be Howard? Who knows.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Him getting to be an all star is a joke. First, Larkin should have been the rep for Detroit. Second, he only was selected because they needed another goalie and had a one player per team rule.

That being said, and I have always not been Howard's fan, with a good defense in front of him he will be a good goalie for a team that needs goalie help. He won't drag a team kicking and screaming through a series, but he won't lose it.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
What the **** happened to this thread?

Why people gotta be talking **** and having an e-dick measuring contest? ****ing discuss a trade, or piss the **** off. Jesus motherloving Christ.
You must be new to HF (I know you aren't). But just in case, here's a crash course; everyone played Junior C hockey which makes them extremely qualified to talk hockey, because as we all know Junior C is, what do they say, Gucci fam.

Everyone on your team is overrated and is worth a 4th at most and everyone on their team is worth the moon, any offer is laughable and they hang up instantly as they roflcopter and loller skate all over you.

Got it?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You must be new to HF (I know you aren't). But just in case, here's a crash course; everyone played Junior C hockey which makes them extremely qualified to talk hockey, because as we all know Junior C is, what do they say, Gucci fam.

Everyone on your team is overrated and is worth a 4th at most and everyone on their team is worth the moon, any offer is laughable and they hang up instantly as they roflcopter and loller skate all over you.

Got it?

Well, Gretzky gets a conditional third. Why would a scrub like Howard garner anything more than a bag of pucks and some free hot dogs for Murph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad