Value of: Jimmy Howard to CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
:help:
Yeah I’ll take the 20-5-5 goalie with almost identical numbers who’s also almost a decade younger.:help:

yeah and take his .889 goals against average in the last 10 games. I believe he is getting tired. If they don't pick up a Bobs, Howard or Quick they will be an early exit in the playoffs!!

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
"Ill take the goalie...." sounds like you have to choose between them. You dont. And Rittich is not better than Howard, no. He had a hot stream during the fall and is now looking pretty human on a superior team.
No, I meant that he’s better. A “hot stream” he has been stellar most of the season. Just because he has had an average last couple games doesn’t mean much. Plus Calgary’s overall play lately hasn’t been much of a help.

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
yeah and take his .889 goals against average in the last 10 games. I believe he is getting tired. If they don't pick up a Bobs, Howard or Quick they will be an early exit in the playoffs!!
.889 GAA in his last 10 games? If that was true it’d be some impressive! I think you mean save %. And despite not being great his last 10, he still overall has a .911 save %. A Bob who’s been terrible this year, Howard who has very similar numbers to Rittich or a Quick who can’t stay healthy doesn’t inspire much confidence in me.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
The difference between Rittich(.889)and Howard(.900)over the last 10 games is 2 goals. Bob has a .870 over his last 10 games and Quick a .881. Care to explain how giving up assets for any of these guys, would make any difference heading into the playoffs?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Keep beating that drum

Its an important distinction though. People has to "keep beating that drum" because people like you donesn't understand it. Alternatively live in denial and think Rittich is a proper starter.

No, I meant that he’s better. A “hot stream” he has been stellar most of the season. Just because he has had an average last couple games doesn’t mean much. Plus Calgary’s overall play lately hasn’t been much of a help.

Rittich is not better. He just simply faces far less shots than most starters in the NHL. He faces less quality shots. Last couple of games? His Sv% in his last 20 games in .908....

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
.889 GAA in his last 10 games? If that was true it’d be some impressive! I think you mean save %. And despite not being great his last 10, he still overall has a .911 save %. A Bob who’s been terrible this year, Howard who has very similar numbers to Rittich or a Quick who can’t stay healthy doesn’t inspire much confidence in me.

yeah save % oops lol

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
The difference between Rittich(.889)and Howard(.900)over the last 10 games is 2 goals. Bob has a .870 over his last 10 games and Quick a .881. Care to explain how giving up assets for any of these guys, would make any difference heading into the playoffs?

Stay with what you have and see how far the Flames go.. Easy 2nd rd exit if not first depends on opponent!!!

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
Its an important distinction though. People has to "keep beating that drum" because people like you donesn't understand it. Alternatively live in denial and think Rittich is a proper starter.

Rittich is not better. He just simply faces far less shots than most starters in the NHL. He faces less quality shots. Last couple of games? His Sv% in his last 20 games in .908....

and the last 10 games he has a .889 save %

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Stay with what you have and see how far the Flames go.. Easy 2nd rd exit if not first depends on opponent!!!
It’d be pretty rare to go further than that, in our first year of contention. One thing that is for certain is that ol’ Jimmy Howard wouldn’t make any difference. The whole concept is actually pretty laughable.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
It’d be pretty rare to go further than that, in our first year of contention. One thing that is for certain is that ol’ Jimmy Howard wouldn’t make any difference. The whole concept is actually pretty laughable.
Thats fine keep what you have it has worked out well at getting you guys picks, but be for warned making the playoffs and getting bounced and getting lower picks will kill your team. Im not saying Jimmy is your answer but you guys need a real goalie in a bad way. Maybe Quick? But he has been hurt a lot. And you guys are not getting Bob.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Thats fine keep what you have it has worked out well at getting you guys picks, but be for warned making the playoffs and getting bounced and getting lower picks will kill your team. Im not saying Jimmy is your answer but you guys need a real goalie in a bad way. Maybe Quick? But he has been hurt a lot. And you guys are not getting Bob.
Nobody is taking on Quick’s contract and Bob might just be the most overrated goalie in the league. We’ll be looking for a younger 1B in the offseason

Reactions: blankall

Laxman21

Jan 3, 2016
full

Jimmy Howard

full

2020 2nd (Edit: Flames don't have a 2019 2nd)
2019 7th
Mike Smith

Flames get Smith off the books and a fresh start, and Wings continue building for the future.
Why does Calgary need a goalie? They have been red hot with having Riitch and Smith in goal. I can understand if you want to shed Smith’s salary but it’s not like Howard is much better. Am I right?

Reactions: Solace2420

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Why does Calgary need a goalie? They have been red hot with having Riitch and Smith in goal. I can understand if you want to shed Smith’s salary but it’s not like Howard is much better. Am I right?

Howard is far and away a better goalie than Smith at this point. Rittich has similar stats, but isn't really proven at all.

Reactions: Newsworthy

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Howard is far and away a better goalie than Smith at this point. Rittich has similar stats, but isn't really proven at all.

I'm not saying Smith and Rittich is going to win us the cup, but how do some Red Wing fans somehow already know that Howard is the "answer" and will do better? Is that what the crystal ball says? We don't want Howard... and don't want to give up anything significant for him.

IcedJuicebox

Feb 2, 2019

You get a Howard this year as a veteran stop gap to give your team better chances to legitimately contend for the cup in a year where your future starter isnt quite ready, or in the off chance he falls off completely. Even if you dont end up needing him, you do it for insurance in a year where the rest of your team looks like serious contenders. When your best d men are at the age where they usually start declining, you try to push for serious contention now.

Seems pretty self explanatory to me.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
You get a Howard this year as a veteran stop gap to give your team better chances to legitimately contend for the cup in a year where your future starter isnt quite ready, or in the off chance he falls off completely. Even if you dont end up needing him, you do it for insurance in a year where the rest of your team looks like serious contenders. When your best d men are at the age where they usually start declining, you try to push for serious contention now.

Seems pretty self explanatory to me.
No one is giving up assets for Jimmy Howard. We don’t want him or need him and he isn’t an upgrade.

Solace2420

Feb 8, 2019

I agree. It isn't much of an upgrade.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Flames fans trust in a goalie that so far has had a good season in stockton and a good stretch of games in the fall as his only accolades is kinda cute tbh.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
No one is giving up assets for Jimmy Howard. We don’t want him or need him and he isn’t an upgrade.

Rittich isnt ready his game lately has dropped off. .889 save % in last 10 games. the only reason he has a great record is because your offense is quite good. You get a veteran goalie for insurance in case his game falls off more!!

Reactions: IcedJuicebox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->