Value of: Jimmy Howard to CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
But the consideration, thus far, has been a 2nd and 3rd pick. Might be willing to add a mid round pick going back to Calgary.

I dont think Calgary will entertain any offer containing Kylington unless something better than a mid round pick is tagged along. Id love him on the wings roster though so the add might be worth just not sure we have something Flames would want. I mean Nyquist would be a 3rd liner on their roster because of Froliks godlike chemistry on the second line :laugh:

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
What the **** is a “muffin?” I recognize your handle just from the moronic use of this term the last time you called out Howard. Stop trying to make fetch happen; it’s not going to happen

It will probably cost the Flames a 2nd rd pick (which will be closer to a 3rd) and goalie Gillies!!

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
:flames

Howard
Nyquist
4th

:wings

Stone
Smith
Kylington
2nd round
3rd round (conditional if Flames reaches WCF)
Gillies (if you want 50% retention on Nyquist)

No retention needed on Stone if Flames view him as a cap dump which is what I assume. If Flames need retention on Nyquist that can be arranged if it sweetens the pot a little. But with retention on Nyquist Flames might have to add something.

And as Wings fans said before. Holland wants a 1st for them so I dont know if he would accept this deal.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
well what do you think of the 2nd 20 + 4th 19 + Stone(at 2M) and Smith
for Howard(at 50%) + 5th in 19

For Howard at 50%, I'd want Stone at 50% and the 2019 pick to be a 3rd, but at this point it's basically arguing semantics.

Honestly, I'm not terribly offended by it, but something just seems slightly off... which probably means it's about as good as we're going to get. :thumbu:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Young, contributing, cost controlled NHL talent >> Mid round draft picks.

Howard makes some sense for Calgary, but not at the expense of Kylington. The goalie market has always been and will continue to be stale. Detroit should be very happy with a 2nd round pick for Howard when all signs point to him returning in the off-season.
The only problem is your 2nd is a 2020 2nd, And Holland has already said that he's not interested in picks past this season. So a 2020 2nd is out of the question he wants picks for this year not next year. So unless Treliving is willing to offer us something decent. I doubt Howard is dealt.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
:flames

Howard
Nyquist
4th

:wings

Stone
Smith
Kylington
2nd round
3rd round (conditional if Flames reaches WCF)
Gillies (if you want 50% retention on Nyquist)

No retention needed on Stone if Flames view him as a cap dump which is what I assume. If Flames need retention on Nyquist that can be arranged if it sweetens the pot a little. But with retention on Nyquist Flames might have to add something.

And as Wings fans said before. Holland wants a 1st for them so I dont know if he would accept this deal.

Personally, I think we would be really close. Might want to look at someone other than Gillies or just upgrade Kylington to Andersson and rework the picks.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
So, If Detroit were to...

Give up Howard at 50% retention,
Give up Nyquist at 50% retention,
And take on Smith.

What is that worth in a general sense? And what would Calgary offer for that?

I think that’s a very valuable proposal for Calgary and I know what I’d want but more interested in others thoughts.

(And yes it works for Calgary’s cap)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Personally, I think we would be really close. Might want to look at someone other than Gillies or just upgrade Kylington to Andersson and rework the picks.
are you f***ing kidding me? Top prospects don't get moved for rentals very often, you aren't getting Kylington, let alone Andersson, especially when it's for Howard and Nyquist

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So, If Detroit were to...

Give up Howard at 50% retention,
Give up Nyquist at 50% retention,
And take on Smith.

What is that worth in a general sense? And what would Calgary offer for that?

I think that’s a very valuable proposal for Calgary and I know what I’d want but more interested in others thoughts.

(And yes it works for Calgary’s cap)
Take out Howard and Smith and maybe we can talk. We are unlikely looking to fix our goaltending situation with a bandaid.

But my gut tells me Wings fans won't like any return for Nyquist, as good of a player as he is, he's still probably in the 3rd tier of available forwards.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Half of the posts in this thread are from you. We all know your opinion. If you don’t think Calgary would benefit from having Howard then this thread isn’t for you. (It is titled Howard to Calgary)

I’m looking for other peoples opinion. But thanks.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Half of the posts in this thread are from you. We all know your opinion. If you don’t think Calgary would benefit from having Howard then this thread isn’t for you. (It is titled Howard to Calgary)

I’m looking for other peoples opinion. But thanks.
I'm sorry? Are your opinions more important than mine? ANd if you think I have half the posts... you might want to bone up on your math skills

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Howard doesn't give up "muffins", seems like you are just going by some "advanced stat" and not even watching him play! Also late 2nd round picks do not hold anywhere close to the value that HF puts on them. These get traded all the time, because GMs know, there is a great chance you get at best a bottom tier player and many times you get nothing out of it. If you are a going for it now team, adding a UFA that you have no intention of bringing back, is not that big of a deal, if it means you give your team a better chance to win. Howard has been phenomenal this year, and his stats don't even show how good he has played. Detroit would be dead last by a country mile if for example we had to have Bernier play for us, or if Howard was performing like Smith has for you guys. Also, our defence is bottom 1-3 in the league, and Howard has performed amazing in front of it. With the Flames he would have a much better support for him, both offensively and defensively.

I honestly believe he is more than good enough to get you into a more competitive state, as you don't need the absolute best goalie in the league, but Howard, when healthy has been a Top 10 goalie for most of the past 4 seasons.

Regarding Miller, what makes him so great? He used to be a good goalie, but now he is a backup goalie, Howard is still a starter and much better. Look how good the Blues benefited from Miller a few years ago, didn't work out so well. He has only played 38 games the past 2 seasons combined.

Don't bother with him, he won't let go of something when he believes in it, even if it's just lies.

Reactions: Oddbob

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I'm sorry? Are your opinions more important than mine? ANd if you think I have half the posts... you might want to bone up on your math skills

Look bud. Youve made your opinion clear. I’m looking for others opinion. That’s it. Pretty simple.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Look bud. Youve made your opinion clear. I’m looking for others opinion. That’s it. Pretty simple.
Then you can I dunno, just not reply, there is no need to quote someone just to tell them not to reply.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I dont want to derail anything here but...

"I wouldn't be surprise to hear that they [Calgary] are in talk (or talked) to the Kings on the availability of goaltender Jonathan Quick"- B. McKenzie (+/- 2:55)

TSN - TradeCenter

What would be the cost on Quick?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I dont want to derail anything here but...

"I wouldn't be surprise to hear that they [Calgary] are in talk (or talked) to the Kings on the availability of goaltender Jonathan Quick"- B. McKenzie (+/- 2:55)

TSN - TradeCenter

What would be the cost on Quick?
there are quick to Calgary threads that might be better suited for this. But, Quick is my #1 choice for a goaltender.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
:help:
Yeah I’ll take the 20-5-5 goalie with almost identical numbers who’s also almost a decade younger.:help:

The statement was that Howard wasnt better than Rittich which he is. Wtf are you on about? Who said you shouldnt keep Rittich?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
And the Penguins literally gave him away for free.... chances are it wasn't the Flames fans that thought Fleury was close done. Also, Fleury and Howard aren't even on the same level.

Because of expansion.

But they wanted to trade him before that and the Flames were the team they were in talks with. Flames fans either didnt want him or didnt want to give up anything worth of value.

Was pointing out that was a bad decision. I actually like Calgary and think Fleury would have been great there.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Yes... that’s exactly what my reply was about. I never said anything about not keeping Rittich. Try reading it again?

"Ill take the goalie...." sounds like you have to choose between them. You dont. And Rittich is not better than Howard, no. He had a hot stream during the fall and is now looking pretty human on a superior team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad