Confirmed with Link: Jimmy Howard re-signed for 6 years 5.3m per year

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
howard is underrated - by everyone except holland it seems.
seems like a big overpayment, and whilst i love jimmy, i am not happy about this. at all.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Why so much hate on the term? Takes Howard to 35 and will be ending the last year Mrazek is an RFA.

crashman

Why so much hate on the term? Takes Howard to 35 and will be ending the last year Mrazek is an RFA.

The term would be fine, if the dollar amount wasn't so high. $4m for 6 years seems way mroe reasonable.

crashman

5.3M per year for a goalie who's proven WHAT? in the playoffs?

Absolutely terrible.

mindfly, you hate everything, so has Howard ever had a team in front of him that was good enough for him to "prove" anything in the playoffs?

He's a good goalie, but I agree that this is too much money for him.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
What has Mrazek proven? There's no guarantee that he becomes better than Howard. I'm ok with this deal, wish it was less money, but it is what it is. We need him. This doesn't mean Mrazek can't be a starter in the next 6 years either.

Aug 6, 2012
What has Mrazek proven? There's no guarantee that he becomes better than Howard. I'm ok with this deal, wish it was less money, but it is what it is. We need him. This doesn't mean Mrazek can't be a starter in the next 6 years either.

A hell of a lot more than Jimmy had at his age.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
This is what you get when you're in a poor negotiating position. There is no way we can let Howard walk, unless we go into full rebuild mode.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
knowing that both miller and luongo are available and both are better goalies we didnt HAVE to sign Jimmy for 6 years at that rate, thats bulsh...

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
knowing that both miller and luongo are available and both are better goalies we didnt HAVE to sign Jimmy for 6 years at that rate, thats bulsh...

You'd take Luongo over Jimmy, with the contract he has? :laugh: Miller might be another story, but given our recent track record of acquiring players, I wouldn't count on it.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 1 min
Reports that #redwings are close to 6 yr, deal worth $5.3 million per season. GM Holland says sides are no closer to pact than a week ago.

Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 3 min
Hold off on Howard signing soon. GM Ken Holland texted and said sides aren't any closer than they were a week ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00