Confirmed with Link: Jimmy Howard re-signed for 6 years 5.3m per year

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Details on the NTC and NMC, per cap geek

thumbs-aloft.gif

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
these are really good and fair Clauses. basically it says we believe Mrazek is the future but you are our present and are going to have a big part in Mrazek's early NHL development the same was Ozzy was for you. we will also not put you on a team you really don't like.

It sounds like the 6th year is totally uncovered if they wanted to deal him at that point.

Considering the contracts other goalies have gotten the last few years, this is less restrictive than almost any of them.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
another Shutout. 17/17 this guy is beyond living up to his contract. I can honestly say he was a great investment and is worth 5.3. when **** got real he grabbed a shovel and cleared a path to the post-season

XO

Nov 4, 2009
I said he got a bit too much money/term when he was signed but I'm taking that back big time.

Definitely our MVP in the regular season.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Looked like a swiss cheese in game 2, not 5.3M calibre goaltending.

You'd say that about any goalie that has a bad game. If Brodeur had a game like that in his prime you'd say it. I don't think you're a rational sportsfan in the slightest.

we like our team*

is this thread going to be bumped every time he has a bad game

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Looked like a swiss cheese in game 2, not 5.3M calibre goaltending.

Yeah, he's no Jonathan Quick. :sarcasm:

Before people get on me, I'm not directly comparing the two. Just making note that even the best goaltenders have bad games, and its no reason to get on his contract for it.

Game three needs to be a bounce back game for him. Can't have two performances like that in a row. Not in the playoffs.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
In the same way it is when he gets a shutout or has an awesome game.
Fair enough.

But seriously, no more bumps please (as I bump).

Although his contract would have been awesome if it went down like $10k everytime he let a "softie" in (as judged by HF boards, of course). Incentives!

I was going to make a Quick comment but Doc beat me to it.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Hypothetically, If we won the cup (And that's a big IF), I would have to consider Jimmy Howard our Conn Smythe candidate... Though I'd doubt anyone on the Wings wins it this year considering everyone on the Pens and Bruins squads. Howard can keep you in it, and he can rob you some games. He's definitely the new Chris Osgood. I have no problem with what he's getting payed. Length is curious, but whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad