Confirmed with Link: Jimcent Vesey on PTO

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Then you tell me how much they are getting, and who is giving it to them.
I can't predict the future, but Rodrigues, Milano, Statsny, Kessel, etc are not playing for 750K. They will almost surely get something lesser than they'd hoped for, but it's not going to be league minimum. A bunch of this list is also guys that may very well retire or go play in Europe (Beagle, Stepan, Eriksson, Turris). Brandon Sutter is still dealing with long Covid. Several RFAS. The few guys on this list that may actually be league min candidates are a wash with Vesey. I'd take a flyer on a few, but they may also be holding out for more.

A bunch of these guys are established vets and it's really rare for them to take league minimum. Most of the time someone is willing to give them a million or more. I see that to be likely with guys like Roussel, Rask, Motte, etc. Might they take min to be on a contender, sure, but I wouldn't say it's likely. The Rangers need to save every penny so those extra bucks matter.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He was never signed. It was some rumor Brooks started that was never confirmed by anyone else.
Honestly it is probably a PTO, which is what he signed with the Devils.

I do think Lou is holding up some moves, and maybe not every team is privy to that information, so they think they have a shot at some players.

The others that don't get signed might just be waiting for camps to see if someone gets hurt.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I’d be willing to bet that Vesey is one of the PTO at camp and would be signed to league minimum if he plays well.. Why would Brooks mention Vesey unless he knows something that we dont.

Reactions: Larrybiv

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Haha. From the standpoint that NJ is really stacked? OR.....
that they suck so badly, allow Vesey to leave, which ultimately means Vesey is horrific. Lol. Hope it was just an oversight.
Jersey too strong going into 2022/23!

But seriously, all in jest.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Haha. From the standpoint that NJ is really stacked? OR.....
that they suck so badly, allow Vesey to leave, which ultimately means Vesey is horrific. Lol. Hope it was just an oversight.
Maybe Vesey didn't want to stay with the Devils. Why is it always that a team let the player go. The player has to want to play there. Who wants to play in Newark NJ on a bad team that's not making the playoffs any time soon?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I’d be willing to bet that Vesey is one of the PTO at camp and would be signed to league minimum if he plays well.. Why would Brooks mention Vesey unless he knows something that we dont.
Are you serious? Brooks is a hack and often throws spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks. Clicks baby, clicks. I believe nothing he reports. I'm still waiting for the offer sheet for Kakko.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don’t know which is more disturbing: my tepid brain cells momentarily thinking the Islanders were retiring Vesey’s #, or the fact that he’s [supposedly] 29 years old.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The NHL requires teams to dress a minimum number of vets each preseason game. PTOs are the way teams fill out their preseason roster without committing to the player. It’s basically an all-expense paid hockey fantasy camp for Vesey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00