RoxP39K.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: gabevh3

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
There won’t be quite the pomp and circumstance as the first time, but Slap Shots has learned that a reunion between the Rangers and Jimmy Vesey is on the horizon.

The 29-year-old famously signed with the Blueshirts as a Kevin Hayes-type free agent in 2016-17 after rejecting offers from both the Predators, who drafted the Harvard product 66th overall in 2012, and from the Sabres, who traded for his rights. Following stops in Buffalo, Toronto and Vancouver after leaving Manhattan, Vesey is coming off a solid season in New Jersey as a depth forward.

Presumably signing a free-agent deal for around the $750,000 minimum that would not count against the cap if assigned to AHL Hartford, Vesey — who went 50-40-90 in 240 games for the Rangers his first time around — will compete for the kind of fourth-line, bottom-six role that Tyler Motte filled so well last spring, but has priced himself out of.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I didn't think he was as bad when he was here as a lot of people did. With that said, I don't really know much about what his game looks like anymore, beyond seeing him a couple times with NJD last year.

Any way you slice it, though, if his whole hit can be buried, there's not really any downside.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I like it a lot, as long as he’s not pushing Kravtsov and Kakko down.

Lafreniere Zibanejad Kreider
Panarin Trocheck Kakko
Vesey Chytil Kravtsov
Goodrow Rydahl Blais

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I laughed when I saw Vesey back to the Rangers; was waiting for this place to implode! If I remember correctly, when he left, it was mostly a "good riddance".

Seriously though; he career may not have panned out as many on here expected; more offensive production was predicted. He seems to have found whatever he is as a player; 1 year $750K is a low cost no risk deal.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Just looked it up and the only regs still here from when Vesey was last with us are Kreider Zib and Chytil. He’s practically an unknown to this locker room.

Reactions: Tob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad