Confirmed with Link: Jimcent Vesey on PTO

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
The NHL requires teams to dress a minimum number of vets each preseason game. PTOs are the way teams fill out their preseason roster without committing to the player. It’s basically an all-expense paid hockey fantasy camp for Vesey.

Not true. About 50% of players on PTO's play in the NHL in any given season - but not neccessarily with the team they tried out with. Here's an example from last year: NHL PTO tracker 2021-22: James Neal, Brian Boyle among players signed to professional tryouts

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Maybe Vesey didn't want to stay with the Devils. Why is it always that a team let the player go. The player has to want to play there. Who wants to play in Newark NJ on a bad team that's not making the playoffs any time soon?
True that, pretty sure it wasn't a coin flip. But, at which point does a player "sell his soul" (pun intended) for the love/need for the almighty dollar?
I mean, if he were to be offered double his salary to stay with the Devils......does he? would he? Guess we will never know. Really a no brainer to come to this team, even for less.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
True that, pretty sure it wasn't a coin flip. But, at which point does a player "sell his soul" (pun intended) for the love/need for the almighty dollar?
I mean, if he were to be offered double his salary to stay with the Devils......does he? would he? Guess we will never know. Really a no brainer to come to this team, even for less.
I mean, he's already a millionaire. If he can't be comfortable on the money he's already made and what he will still make, then I don't know what to say.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Biiiig meh.
Imo we do not need him at all. He'll just end up being the next almost useless FWD taking a spot away from a youngster ...

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The NHL requires teams to dress a minimum number of vets each preseason game. PTOs are the way teams fill out their preseason roster without committing to the player. It’s basically an all-expense paid hockey fantasy camp for Vesey.
While also showing off what he can do for other teams looking for a 13th forward

Reactions: Crease

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gauthier doesn't really have a roster spot to lose.

IMO we have 8 locks at forward:

1. Mika
2. Panarin
3. Kreider
4. Trocheck
5. Lafreniere
6. Kakko
7. Chytil
8. Goodrow

after that the most likely to win jobs:

9. Blais
10. Kravtsov
11. Reaves (like it or not he's big, can fight, hits a lot....a Gallant favorite and a locker room guy and his contract can't be completely buried).

and then two forwards to emerge out of these guys:

Hunt, Carpenter, Brodzinski, Gauthier, Vesey, Cuylle, Othmann, Rydahl, Trivigno and that will be the forward group. Some might have better chances than others but I wouldn't put Gauthier or necessarily Vesey at the top of that list. It might just be Hunt and Carpenter both of whom fit a 4th line profile better than a few of the others.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

1. Mika
2. Panarin
3. Kreider
4. Trocheck
5. Lafreniere
6. Kakko
7. Chytil
8. Goodrow

9. Blais
10. Kravtsov
11. Reaves (like it or not he's big, can fight, hits a lot....a Gallant favorite and a locker room guy and his contract can't be completely buried).

Hunt, Carpenter, Brodzinski, Gauthier, Vesey, Cuylle, Othmann, Rydahl, Trivigno and that will be the forward group. Some might have better chances than others but I wouldn't put Gauthier or necessarily Vesey at the top of that list. It might just be Hunt and Carpenter both of whom fit a 4th line profile better than a few of the others.
You're probably right, but out of the waiver eligible players on that list, Gauthier is the most likely to be claimed. Some team will take a chance on his upside. That could influence who ends up on the opening night roster.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
You're probably right, but out of the waiver eligible players on that list, Gauthier is the most likely to be claimed. Some team will take a chance on his upside. That could influence who ends up on the opening night roster.

I think if the Rangers could get a 3rd or maybe even a 4th for him Gauthier would be on his way out. At this point I don't see a lot of value there and even as a 13th forward I don't look at him as a great option and if
Reaves Is on our team as I suspect he will be I would like him to keep him to around 50 games because as the season went on he got more and more gassed. Gauthier is not a good 4th line option. Losing Motte hurts a bit. That's the kind of player I like there.

I think both Gauthier and Hajek could really use a change of scenery if they're going to make anything out of their careers at all...and playing for a lesser team would be their best case scenarios if they're establish themselves at all.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph

1. Mika
2. Panarin
3. Kreider
4. Trocheck
5. Lafreniere
6. Kakko
7. Chytil
8. Goodrow

9. Blais
10. Kravtsov

Who are the best PKers in that group?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I think if the Rangers could get a 3rd or maybe even a 4th for him Gauthier would be on his way out. At this point I don't see a lot of value there and even as a 13th forward I don't look at him as a great option and if
Reaves Is on our team as I suspect he will be I would like him to keep him to around 50 games because as the season went on he got more and more gassed. Gauthier is not a good 4th line option. Losing Motte hurts a bit. That's the kind of player I like there.

I think both Gauthier and Hajek could really use a change of scenery if they're going to make anything out of their careers at all...and playing for a lesser team would be their best case scenarios if they're establish themselves at all.

Gauthier and Hajek are only in the NHL due to the trade and draft status. They are AHL depth players at best. Not NHL talent.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

1. Mika
2. Panarin
3. Kreider
4. Trocheck
5. Lafreniere
6. Kakko
7. Chytil
8. Goodrow

9. Blais
10. Kravtsov

If Blais is healthy, he has a roster spot locked. He is a Hunt on steroids. And Hunt was basically GGs favorite player to play for a large chunk of the season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If Blais is healthy, he has a roster spot locked. He is a Hunt on steroids. And Hunt was basically GGs favorite player to play for a large chunk of the season.
If his knee is back I expect Blais makes the team too. He missed so much time last year and that is a really serious injury though. I'd put him in the 95% makes the team.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gauthier and Hajek are only in the NHL due to the trade and draft status. They are AHL depth players at best. Not NHL talent.
Keeping in mind that the Rangers turned it around really fast...some of which has been we've been lucky to win two draft lotteries....to have Fox and Shesterkin two young players quickly become elite players in the league. For Fox actually to grow up a Rangers fan and work his situation to our benefit.

Gauthier or Hajek with a much weaker team might actually blossom more. Gauthier is a proven goal scorer at the AHL level with size, speed and strength. With another team he might get the chance to play more regularly and out of the spotlight build some confidence. There's no good reason other than confidence that Hajek has never been able to build a two way game. He was a really really good WHL player who had an excellent WJC as a 19 year old. Nothing's really clicked for him since he's turned pro but he's a good skater with size and some puck skills. It's just never come out and IMO it's confidence in himself more than anything. He should sit down with a sports psychologist.

Reactions: RGY

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Who are the best PKers in that group?
Carpenter, Brodzinski...maybe Rydahl, maybe Vesey. Brodzinski was Hartford's Mika last year before he was called up last year. He was their Mr. does everything and I'm not surprised that Gallant liked him. He plays with energy and enthusiasm and has decent speed. A dark horse to make the team though.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Totally. I expect Vesey to get a one year deal with some team after camp. Maybe not with the Rangers but somewhere. The fantasy camp statement was just a dig.
Actually, there's some truth in what you said. Teams will sometime bring a player to camp that they have no intention to sign just so he can get some exposure. Usually, a friend of a friend deals.

Reactions: egelband and Crease

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4