Confirmed with Link: Jimcent Vesey on PTO

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Chill, he won’t be with Panarin because he’ll be with CK and Mika

This thread is killer. Sending him down to Harvard, who speaks Mandarin?, Vesey leading the NYJ in PKing last year, off-season weekend threads lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tlk

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
He sucks. Naturally he will be a regular after a mediocre preseason when someone else random, maybe Rydahl or Trivigno, plays really well but gets snubbed for no reason.
Your first mistake is thinking stock should be put in preseason games.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
This is a terrible move for us. This guy is basically Mckegg on steroids and Gallant has to have a toy to use all around the lineup. Sweet move lol

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Vesey still looks younger than Laf lmao

Vesey looks so much like old German soccer star M Özil:
98B6510A-F6DD-4C1C-B063-8A4F5EBBCDBB.jpeg

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Vesey was a goal scorer
16 ES goals his last 2 years with us
But he was terrible defensively
He's slow as well
How he was able to change his game to a defensive 4th liner/PKer is surprising
I cant imagine he'd be very good at it
What are his PKing stats?
My biggest worry is that GG and drury are thinking lets see if we can bring back the guy that scored 16 5v5 goals and therefore is put in the top 9 instead of kravy or blais

Reactions: MrAlmost

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personally I think we could use more depth at D.....a just in case D anyway. I'm not worried about Vesey. I don't think he's a lock to make the team and if he does make the roster I wouldn't expect him to play a lot. I think Gauthier's days here for one are numbered. After last year both him and Hajek could absolutely use a change of scenery. It's not doing either any good to not play as much as they haven't. If Vesey's on the team I don't see a place for Gauthier and honestly I'm not sure I see a place for either of them anyway. If either or both ended in Hartford and are emergency call ups that's fine though.

Reactions: tlk

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Didn’t he have chemistry with Chytil in his rookie season, Vesey‘s last season with the Rangers? I can seem them on the 3rd line with Lafy moving up to the top 6. Better than Hunt or Goat in the top 9. They should be in the AHL. Vesey at least can score more than 5 goals. something Gauhtier has never done.
The only player I’ve ever seen Chytil have chemistry with is Kreider. That I’ve noticed anyway.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
This signing makes zero sense. I get he can be buried in the minors. I just feel there is much better options out there
Can you give an example of someone that will sign for league minimum? This is a no risk signing for a guy that will probably be a decent 4th liner and save money on the cap.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Damn, Fill's been around for a long time all things considered.

Kind of funny, it feels like it was ages ago Vesey played here, right? When I picture him on the ice, it feels like 6-7 years ago.

But lol, he has only been away — three seasons. But during that time so much have happened. The pandemic and everything.

Reactions: Tob

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Cheap bottom 6/Ahl depth.You could do a lot worse

Yeah, honestly, I don’t like Vesey as NHL depth, but as AHL depth?

That would be interesting from my POV. I would definitely like to see guys like Henriksson and Trivigno play with Vesey in the AHL rather than many other of the usual suspects.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
1. The missing piece to the above large silvery thing.
2. Has better hands than Motte?
3. Susan Sarandon a fan of his. (we all love her, don't we?)
4, How stacked is NJ to allow him to bolt?
5. Hoping that the "R" was missing in the JV.
6. Welcome back Jimmy, do us proud. Teach those kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad