Jim Rutherford Needs to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Are people tuned in on how bad botteril has been and how hated he is? I did a deep dive and that dude is getting fired
I think he has 1yr to prove himself, but will be on a very short leash. He inherited a lot of bad contracts and signed 1 really bad one so far, but he has 34m in cap space next summer where he finally gets a chance to really retool the team with money to play with and a lot of interesting UFA's. If he gets fired at the end of the year, it wouldn't surprise anyone, but he's in year 3, I think he has at least 5yrs to prove himself, but really, 4.

I still maintain, Bill Guerin will have a better GM career.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Billy G will be fired in 2-4 years. MIN is a terrible situation, but he will eventually take the fall for those terrible contracts (most he didn't sign).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Billy G will be fired in 2-4 years. MIN is a terrible situation, but he will eventually take the fall for those terrible contracts (most he didn't sign).
I highly doubt that. He has a couple of bad contracts sure, but he can get out of a few of them or rather, unload a few and has some things he can clean up along the way. I mean ownership knows contracts that are there that are hard to move, are not on him, it's what he does in addition to those, that will mean a lot.

The fact that he didn't come in, year one, make a bunch of enemies like Fenton, is already a huge sign. Not to mention he didn't go and sign stupid contracts this summer either like Fletcher before him.

Billy was a pretty good talent evaluator with the Penguins, whether people want to be obtuse to that or not.

Botterill was the cap guy and ran WBS, but he was hailed for his cap smarts, which might be on display this summer. Like Guerin, he also inherited a team with some bad contracts - Bogosian's and Okposo's to name a couple, Bogo is almost off his books and Okposo is whatever, he's stuck with that one unless there's another big contract with the same term that someone wants to swap.

But with 34m in cap space, Botts can prove people wrong or not.

Billy G? Pens have a few of the solid prospects because he worked with them and has this weird stigma of wanting bigger slower players (for WBS at the AHL level yes, but some of those guys have stuck around and a few are getting NHL duty elsewhere), but he's a guy that worked a lot with the speedier guys - Rust, Johnson, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad