Jim Rutherford Needs to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Screw two Cups. We have two years straight of absolute insanity from this guy. There's clearly no real direction or idea of what to do with this team. He's nearly missed the playoffs twice and he's signed players to awful deals or continually made awful trades that he has to undo, all of which cost more assets.

The guy was barely over .500 in Carolina over 19 years. He made the playoffs FOUR TIMES in 19 years in a league where almost half of all teams make the playoffs. He's mismanaged the cap so badly the Penguins had to play nine games a player short. He has lucked his way in to three Stanley Cups, plain and simple. Over 25 years in the league and he's proven to be a bad general manager who has no clear direction or path for his team, all reactionary and regressive.

Put your complaints here. Dude has to go.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"No real direction or idea what to do with this team"

Every one of his recent moves has been focused on getting younger and faster. I find it insane that people complain about JR not having a "direction" when his direction is what everyone says they want JR to be doing. Trying to attack him for "almost missing the playoffs" when they finished both of the last 2 years with 100 points is also dumb.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC

Every one of his recent moves has been focused on getting younger and faster.

You mean two years after he said they needed to become face punchers despite winning by being young and fast? Then becoming worse every year and realizing after squandering numerous assets and years of the core's slim remaining window that they needed to be young and fast? He has no direction or idea what he's doing. If he did he would have stayed the course instead of just realizing it's where he should have been all along.

Look at his history in Carolina and it was the same thing. Changing with the tide, always in the wrong direction. Always tinkering, wasting assets, and creating a middling product that served no one. This is the GM he is. He's bad. There's no defense.

kahlon66

Sep 8, 2009
the Mecca of Hockey

Every one of his recent moves has been focused on getting younger and faster. I find it insane that people complain about JR not having a "direction" when his direction is what everyone says they want JR to be doing. Trying to attack him for "almost missing the playoffs" when they finished both of the last 2 years with 100 points is also dumb.
JR is horrible

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You mean two years after he said they needed to become face punchers despite winning by being young and fast? Then becoming worse every year and realizing after squandering numerous assets and years of the core's slim remaining window that they needed to be young and fast? He has no direction or idea what he's doing. If he did he would have stayed the course instead of just realizing it's where he should have been all along.

Look at his history in Carolina and it was the same thing. Changing with the tide, always in the wrong direction. Always tinkering, wasting assets, and creating a middling product that served no one. This is the GM he is. He's bad. There's no defense.

So you're criticizing him for going back to what won the Penguins cups now because he made a mistake on what he wanted their identity to be in 2017? Yes, he screwed up by trying to go towards toughness after the 2017 win. But to say that he has no clear path when he has made it abundantly clear that he's doing exactly what this place wants him to do is just idiotic.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
So you're criticizing him for going back to what won the Penguins cups now because he made a mistake on what he wanted their identity to be in 2017? Yes, he screwed up by trying to go towards toughness after the 2017 win. But to say that he has no clear path when he has made it abundantly clear that he's doing exactly what this place wants him to do is just idiotic.

I'm criticizing him for being so foolish as to let one player live in his head (Tom Wilson) that it hurt his team for two years and he spent numerous assets, all who would fit the direction he never should left better than what's being traded or signed, to realize he never should have left and now he's grossly overpaying to over correct a mistake he never should have made in the first place if he'd just used common sense.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Yes yes, having to manage a Carolina organization with an internal salary cap, in a non-traditional market, where very few players have wanted to be - makes you an awful GM.

Hate when people can’t control their emotions and start hyperbolic threads like this. Been a while since we had a good meltdown thread though.

Screw his 3 cups, 3 more than most GM’s...

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015

Giving Brandon Tanev a six year deal is getting younger and faster? I want the same meds you have.

Reactions: Casanova

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
Yes yes, having to manage a Carolina organization with an internal salary cap, in a non-traditional market, where very few players have wanted to be - makes you an awful GM.

Hate when people can’t control their emotions and start hyperbolic threads like this. Been a while since we had a good meltdown thread though.

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS

Tell us more about how your opinion, absence of all fact and matter from several people, matters most about Brooks Oprik. Then come back here and say how Rutherford is so good. It'll tell a lot about things.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Co-signed. I've defended him plenty in the past. Especially after Ray Shero mostly sitting on his hands through the prime of 87 and 71. But this is a joke.

We're still making moves to undo his previous bad moves. And at this point, unless JJ or Gudbranson are going to Ottawa or Colorado for nothing, we're about 3 moves behind.

If this costs us Rust or our RFAs, I'm going to go ballistic.

I'm with you but who do we replace him with? Certainly not Guerin.
See if Botterill will come back. Otherwise, go back to the drawing board.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
JR apologists will just tell you how much younger JR has made this team to be. I don’t even give a shit right now. Hope Malkin asks for a trade and JR trades him at the deadline to send a message.:laugh:

Reactions: Casanova

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
In my opinion, the window on this team has closed. The only thing it can and should be is a club for select future HOFers. Don’t expect too much, all this franchise should do is provide Crosby and Malkin with comfort until they retire. It’s clear those guys are past competing.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Do you know who Brandon Tanev is? Regardless of his contract, he's very fast and is only 27.

Okay, maybe for now, I'll give you that, but his style of play will make him lose his wheels in a year or two. Plus 27 is not a young player in this league anymore. And the Penguins have him for six years, that's horrible. I am of course hoping for everything to work out but I'm not optimistic.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Tell us more about how your opinion, absence of all fact and matter from several people, matters most about Brooks Oprik. Then come back here and say how Rutherford is so good. It'll tell a lot about things.

Says the guy who couldn’t reference a single fact, link, or source of credibility to support the claims he was making about Orpik. Project much?

All of the Carolina (JR in Carolina’s) woahs are a google search away. Your scorned woman hyperbolic non-sense about Brooks Orpik is not. Because it’s not real, much like the crap you’re spewing here, yes?

Reactions: td_ice

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
JR's transactions are hit or miss, but this is definitely not one that will define his legacy or employment. I hate this deal as much as anyone but his job is as safe as Crosby's...as of today.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
IM THE PROUD OWNER OF A KIA SIDONA AND I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO JIM RUTHERFORDS MANAGERS

SOMEBODY POST HIS ADRESS !!!1!1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad