This thread is a reach ...
half.gif

3HgYWEFp6bt3SXgB9

3HgYWEFp6bt3SXgB9

This is insensitive

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
Yeah, sorry but I can't have much sympathy for a guy who never passes an opportunity to kick the Leafs when they're down. Prior to the game last night I was wondering if Hughson would find some way to work AM's incident into the broadcast and, boom there it was.
If it was anyone else but Hughson I'd say, oh it was specifically about Kane getting drunk that one time, but let's get real, everyone knows the big off season incidents with Kane were beating a cab driver over 13 cents and the alleged sexual assault. Typical Hughson, damning with faint praise, trying to smear AM as some habitual offender.

Mar 12, 2009
He was found innocent

The accuser has to provide the proof that their allegations are true. Kane did "win" his case. He was found not guily(aka being innocent under the court of law).
It never went to court, he was not "found innocent or not guilty". I do appreciate you confidently posting about something that it's clear you know less than nothing about lmao.

For Highson. If he's referring to the cab driver thing, it's a dumb comment but not the end of the world. If it's the other thing, he really just shouldn't be mentioning that at all. It's a bad take at best, from an over the hill commentator.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
What exactly was this allegation vs. Matthews ? Short story.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
It never went to court, he was not "found innocent or not guilty". I do appreciate you confidently posting about something that it's clear you know less than nothing about lmao.

For Highson. If he's referring to the cab driver thing, it's a dumb comment but not the end of the world. If it's the other thing, he really just shouldn't be mentioning that at all. It's a bad take at best, from an over the hill commentator.

the ironic thing is people like you are constantly offended by "people being offended", or simply by them criticising things you like. It's funny because you're type is just as much part of the problem, but they have the self built in delusion that they are "doing good". Incels unite!

I'm not offended by people being offended at all.

People can be upset with whatever they want.

I just tend not to throw everyone under a bus for something that in reality isn't a big deal.

In the grand scheme of things likely everyone has done something they regret or could have offended someone, why do we need to constantly be hitting them when they are down ?

Obviously within reason of the severity of their actions, Matthews actions (which I was referring to) is really not that huge of an issue, and he is already being punished accordingly.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Why hasn't Jim retired yet? He is so wrong and makes a sham out of the broadcast.

I need to watch games more from the US. Forget sportsnet. Terrible

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
These are such nothing comments. It's extremely clear if you take one second to think about it that he's not suggesting being good at hockey should absolve you of any sins. He's saying the best way for Matthews to move on from it, personally, is to get out there and focus his energy on having a good season.

It probably would have been best for the live crew to stay away from that topic all together given that they have to think on their feet and things aren't always going to come out how they intended them. But the pitchforks for this are absurd.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

He's not referring to the rape allegations or the cab driver thing. He's talking about Kane's drunken weekend in Wisconsin where a bunch of pictures of him wasted ended up all over social media and the news. Which is why it was compared to Matthews' drunken escapades.

Granted, there were allegations from that weekend that Kane tried to choke a girl but it was like an anonymous email to Deadspin that he tried to choke someone and got thrown out of a frat party. I'm not sure how widely reported that part actually was so it's possible Hughson wouldn't know about it. It was not on the level of the cab driver or rape allegation thing which were widely reported, actual legal allegations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Torgo

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I feel like half the people "outraged" in this thread are only piling on because they don't like Hughson. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: hoglund

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
Hughson should just go back to covering those legendary Canucks squads of the... oh wait, that's right... there are no legendary Canucks squads.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It actually makes me a bit sad that this is the world we live in, and it is only going to get worse and worse. He said nothing wrong. It takes 5 seconds to look up the location and year and see he was referencing nothing to do with rape or even beating up somebody.

It also takes 2 brain cells to conclude that no, he is not somehow advocating rape or whatever, but is saying that even though you make mistakes, you can overcome them and be better than you were.

Anyone actually offended by this, and not just using anything negative to vent their dislike of him as a commentator, needs to have a long look in the mirror.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad