Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Really? That's it?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Maple Leaf

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's a generic turn of phrase by a man who's job description is to say generic things. Off color? Sure. Tone deaf? Yeah probably. A terrible thing to say and great moral misstep? That's pushing it.

So much colour and he inflicted pain and suffering over all of Leafs Nation. How can he sleep at night? How do these people create so much Drama around this team? I don't understand all this drama around here with these guys. Dont see me stirring the pot, but this Hughson guy, been trouble since he started picking on the Leafs. I tell ya, they hurt my heart.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
he's a kid who screwed up . Most are acting like he molested the security guard or physically abused her or something. the way society is now with needing to know everything and become overly sensitive as a whole this world is turning to shit . I would love for even a month if the world had a complete black out from going online just to see how the world burn because I don't think even a quarter of the worlds population would be able to handle it for a week let alone a month.

it was a stupid "little" mistake . he didn't assault someone he didn't attack or do something completely heinous. he got drunk with his buddies and thought something was a good idea when it really was a foolish and immature idea.

Im sorry if you suffer from ptsd maybe you should be sitting in a office and not dealing with people if you can get triggered by it. there has to be a alternate career path you can choose if you suffer from mental illness am I condoning what he did no but the sure over reaction to a rich kid doing something stupid over the summer after he got paid more money then his whole family has ever seen is just stupid.

it was a Tiny miniscual drunk mistake that's being blown out of proportion with how overly sensitive everyone is now.

so yeah I agree with Hughson it was a simple little Mistake

this isn't news

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I don't care what Hughson says. He is Van homer and Toronto hater. He can't hide it. I stopped listening to him about 10 years ago and was surprised he was still around. I still have my " Fire Hughson !" T shirt from Vancouver.

Reactions: hector morrison

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Anyone know you can complain on a legit form sportsnet has. If everyone in this thread did it may well happen.

He called Mikheyev "Mikayla," lol I just dont like how he is so joyous when we suck, and mono tone when we are good...

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Hughson's comment was either:

- a dumb comment blurted out in the heat of the moment
- a poorly thought out attempt to defuse the situation
- a spiteful way of trying to denegrate Matthews' goal
- a deliberate way to get sheep to talk about him.

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
Honestly it's a pretty screwed up situation to put that woman through.. What do you think 4 drunk 20 year olds were going to do if they got into the car. Not only 20 year olds.. but jocks.. over privileged, gods gift to woman. Think about how much of an asshole you'd have to be to approach a woman alone at 2am while intoxicated with 4 other dudes and "prank" her. All these people saying they've done similar things are just as stupid if true. Which I highly doubt. As I've never once in 10 years have had to handle a scenario like that.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Honestly it's a pretty screwed up situation to put that woman through.. What do you think 4 drunk 20 year olds were going to do if they got into the car. Not only 20 year olds.. but jocks.. over privileged, gods gift to woman. Think about how much of an ******* you'd have to be to approach a woman alone at 2am while intoxicated with 4 other dudes and "prank" her. All these people saying they've done similar things are just as stupid if true. Which I highly doubt. As I've never once in 10 years have had to handle a scenario like that.

Good grief get over yourself!

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
Yeah I get it.. but still. I d0n't know a single person that has done anything like that. A prank to me would be like.. all 4 of them shaking the car pretending to flip it something stupid in that way. And walking about laughing it off.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I didn't say he was guilty.

Courts don't find people innocent, they work in "guilty" or "not guilty" and its entirely possible, especially with rape, to commit the crime without it being provable in court.

And besides that, he didn't even go to court.

You don't know what you are talking about.

And it's all beside the point anyway because I'm pretty sure Hughson was referring to Kane being a drunk ******* and punching a cab driver.

So your opinion matters more than the prosecuters that saw all the evidence? Bahaha. I'm not saying ppl don't get off on things they've done. But your thought process is incredibly dangerous. Sorry to inform you. Your opinion means nothing.

Reactions: IPS

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Honestly it's a pretty screwed up situation to put that woman through.. What do you think 4 drunk 20 year olds were going to do if they got into the car. Not only 20 year olds.. but jocks.. over privileged, gods gift to woman. Think about how much of an ******* you'd have to be to approach a woman alone at 2am while intoxicated with 4 other dudes and "prank" her. All these people saying they've done similar things are just as stupid if true. Which I highly doubt. As I've never once in 10 years have had to handle a scenario like that.

May I ask, what do you think 4 drunk 20 years olds were going to go if they got into the car.

(seriously, no sarcasm)

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
So your opinion matters more than the prosecuters that saw all the evidence? Bahaha. I'm not saying ppl don't get off on things they've done. But your thought process is incredibly dangerous. Sorry to inform you. Your opinion means nothing.

I don't think my opinion matters more than prosecutors, I don't even know what opinion you are talking about.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I Think it just boils down to how much most Leaf fans hate Hughson and SN’s play by play crew, and how they continue to be shoved down our throats.

Truth is I always put the game on mute and listen to Bowen’s radio calling of the game. It lags a bit but it’s a much better experience.

I think a more productive approach is sending SN an online petition asking for Hughsons removal from Leaf broadcasts.

What's the channel for bowens radio broadcast? Would be nice to watch a game and listen to him make the calls

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
What did he say that was wrong?
giphy.gif

You'd think Matthews actually assaulted or raped someone with the way people are acting? This thing is ridiculously overblown. He was drunk and acted like a moronic jerk; not condoning his behaviour but lets not turn it into something more than it is.

EDIT...

giphy.gif

On second viewing... comparing rape allegations to a little problem is actually a big problem. I was seeing this from Matthews perspective, but what Matthews did and what Kane was accused of doing are not even comparable.

EDIT 2:

What, is he talking about some drunk party that Kane had in May 2012? ... Regardless, Patrick Kane has done or been accused of doing multiple stuff worse than what Matthews did. No one is going to remember what Matthews did after this year. He should be charged and face the consequences but it's just an overblown, outrage of the moment, thing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad