Jim Benning TSN1040 - 6:10PM TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
GM of @VanCanucks Jim Benning will be on @TSN1040 with me tonight at 6:10PM.
@ScottRintoul Did you take a look at the HFboards thread?. Many people have many questions for Jim.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1890716&page=2 … Thanks scotty

@Truenucksfan yes, I looked... I'll ask what I believe are the most important questions at him

@ScottRintoul Excellent, Thank you

He is going to ask questions from the thread, excellent.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I like the idea of grilling about Sbisa as well, ask about Virtanen getting the same opportunity as Horvat, ask about dead-weight vet's waiving their NTC like Higgins/Bieksa/Hamhuis etc.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Where do you see this team finishing next year standing wise?

Do you expect Virtanen to get any icetime in Utica in these playoffs? McCann?

van22

May 25, 2014
I'd like to know about Travis Green - is it someone he could envision having a coaching role on the big team at some point.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
How does he feel about Soderberg? And by extension of that, his pro depth at centre? Running 4 lines at the NHL level starts with 4 good centres, after all.

van22

May 25, 2014
Another thing I'd be curious to know is if he was surprised that the Sbisa signing would create such a disconnect with the fanbase. Up to that signing the feeling was generally positive and then the opinion totally switched - in just one signing he kind of lost all his goodwill.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Re-ask the Delorme question.

Ask for another explanation of why the team gave a defender as statistically horrible as Sbisa such a large contract. 2nd worst GA/60 in the NHL despite being a 'defensive defender' playing for a good team. Does our organization use advanced stats in any way?

Would like to know this as well. Particularly the bolded.

We've had 87 non-first round draft picks in the past 15 years, and only 5 of those have gone on to become regular NHL skaters, with not a single one in the past 10 years (Mason Raymond in 2005 was the last). This has all happened under the current Chief Amateur Scout's reign.

If nothing else, at least I hope they answer the question about Delorme.

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
I would like to know if Benning would be able to change the core or has already identified the youth to become a core someday. Is admitting a signing error as a strategy a weakness? Sbisa as an example. Don't have to ask directly about Sbisa but just wanted to know if any philosophy can be changed for the better or do you stick to it? Rolling 4 lines as an example, or being offensive team or defensive team, or checking team as a philosophy to be changed from year to year or month to month? Can it be changed anytime according to roster movements or prospects don't pan out affect the philosophy?

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
JB trying to justify the Sbisa signing = so much fail

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
What he is saying about Sbisa and his contract is just so ******** it hurts.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
about luca sbisa contract and why he was signed so quickly: he's a young d-man for us. we need to protect ourselves a little bit going forward. with dan and kev, we need to see how it goes.

we bought two unrestricted years for luca. quite frankly he's a important guy for us. he can skate/physical presence. :laugh:

i missed a bit of it and that's just paraphrased.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Scotty got a bunch of our questions out there, which is nice.

Benning did not sound confident about subban at all

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Well he's right, he's 'protecting' his roster with a younger Dman when the other options are aged or close to FA.

The only problem is, he's done it with a poor player. The theory is sound, the target is all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad