Jim Benning Era Transaction Summary | Mod warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
17-18 Free Agents
z1GJax7.png

Hope we sign none of them. Maybe 1 year and cheap so we can flip them at the deadline like Toronto..

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes, Evander Kane is the kind of pick-up the Canucks always make, and are then surprised when it doesn't work out.

Little doubt he isn't re-signing with the Sabers, but likely fetches more at the deadline next spring as an impending UFA if he has a decent year...and Canucks would be foolish to shed assets to acquire him this off-season, unless they're convinced he'd re-sign in Vancouver.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Yes, Evander Kane is the kind of pick-up the Canucks always make, and are then surprised when it doesn't work out.

Little doubt he isn't re-signing with the Sabres, but likely fetches more at the deadline next spring as an impending UFA if he has a decent year...and Canucks would be foolish to shed assets to acquire him this off-season, unless they're convinced he'd re-sign in Vancouver.

Would be fine with Kane on this team but only as a UFA signing. No reason to give up any assets in a trade then bend over for a re-signing

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Does Grabovski actually still play hockey? Haven't heard that name in years. And Clowe is definitely done, didn't realize he was still getting paid. A few interesting names on there like Tavares and Little but no chance they come over here.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The good news is, local or not, I think Vancouver is too small-time for Kane's tastes. I only see it happening if he has no other option.

Lol....after playing in Atlanta, Winterpeg and Buffalo, VanCity would be too 'small-time'?.....more likely he wouldn't be willing to come here because as a team the Canucks suck, and won't be contending for anything, anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad