JG Pageau is an animal

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Definitely overlooked and one of the best 2c's in the league.
He's our 3C and can be put in any situation, truly helped solidify the Isles' center depth as one of the best.

He has a killer wrister, is sneaky fast, and this little honey badger stands up to the big dudes like he just doesn't give a ****!

Absolutely love this guy and he was worth everything we gave.

Reactions: CRYHAVOC

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pulock has been our best d-man by a wide margin IMO, but Dobson has looked very good in his role this season.

I’m talking all around. Pelech and Pulock are still ahead defensively but offensively I think Dobson has been the best at creating and sustaining possession. He’s also made the PP not look totally useless as it has been in the past.
He has gaffs everyone once in a while but they’re few and far between but that’s to be expected of such a young defenseman.

Reactions: CRYHAVOC

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The shame was having him typecast as a 3C, when he's capable of much more. He's an outstanding two way player and leader.

He's not typecast as 3C; it's just that on most teams he's 3rd on the depth chart in terms of "name" value.
In reality, Pageau is a versatile player who can play anywhere up and down the lineup.
High IQ + High intensity + Above average skillset = Fantastic player, perfect for any Cup contender.

Reactions: topshelf15

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
As a sens fan I thought he should have been a career Sen, one player the sens get to keep but i'm happy with the prospect we got with the pick for him, hope Pageau continues to be a productive middle 6C for years to come.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011

Nah I take it all back. Pageau is no longer an animal. He's a Deity at this point. Zeus himself was quivering in his sandles when he heard the name "JGP". Where were you when you found out Pageau is an immortal being?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Ottawa is the AHL team for both New York franchises - first Zibanejad and then Pageau. FML!

I am very happy with how JGP is performing for the NYI, he is proving everything I said about him after that trade to be true, making me look like a genius. :nod:

The debate about him being a 2C or 3C is irrelevant. Pager doesn't have the playmaking skills to be considered a typical top-6 centre. That doesn't mean he doesn't produce like one, and is in fact more valuable in the playoffs than many typical 2nd line Cs. And if he did have the playmaking skills, he would have cost NYI/Uncle Leo a lot more in terms of trade/salary cost.

He almost lost a season in a freak training camp exercise injury, otherwise he is trending right where I thought he would be at this point of his career. People underrate him because he is termed an elite 3C. In reality a coach may play him more than other top-6 players, and he will produce like one. He can play as a 1C/2C as required, but because he lacks the playmaking he is more effective as a shutdown centre who still produces like a top-6 player. Has underrated goal scoring skills, especially the clutch kind.

Kudos to Uncle Leo for making this deal to satisfy a very big need for NYI. JGP can play, and effectively, for any roster in the league, up and down the line-up, and is a coach's dream and a player's player. Would have looked great for the Sens now, but with the youth movement he deserved a better chance to win in his prime elsewhere.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
I must be dreaming about reading HF again right now.

I mean, Isles have Wahlstrom in the lineup now and he looks great. Of course no where near the potential Laf has, but Whalstrom looks better right now. So yeah at this point in time when the Isles are trying to win and JGP is literally carrying this team, I don't trade JGP for Laf right now either.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I mean, Isles have Wahlstrom in the lineup now and he looks great. Of course no where near the potential Laf has, but Whalstrom looks better right now. So yeah at this point in time when the Isles are trying to win and JGP is literally carrying this team, I don't trade JGP for Laf right now either.

Not like Pageau is old either. He might have a better overall career than Laf

Reactions: joemon999

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Isles fan -stop

obviously we wouldn’t want to yank our season by making that move but lafreniere will probably be much better than JGP.
I know you’re trying to avoid some jinx or whatever, but will he? Just because he was 1OA? I know you’re not basing that take on his play so far. We’ve seen enough mediocre 1OA players to not just assume they’ll be better than an already-established, successful NHLer in JGP.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I thought the trade was fine for both teams as Pageau was underrated while in ottawa imo, except by montreal fans for obvious reasons

That being said i thought his extension was one year too long. With his current play right now he is going to prove me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad