JG Pageau is an animal

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
people dramatically over estimate the importance of toews to the islanders team. He was really our #6 and honestly fans were calling for him to be scratched in the playoffs.

glad he’s doing well in Colorado but we haven’t exactly suffered by replacing him with Dobson thus far

Im a big fan of Toews but he was very inconsistent. I think for his skill set Colorado is a bit better situation for him. As for Dobson, you can make a legit argument that he’s been our best all around defenseman this year.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Im a big fan of Toews but he was very inconsistent. I think for his skill set Colorado is a bit better situation for him. As for Dobson, you can make a legit argument that he’s been our best all around defenseman this year.

Pulock has been our best d-man by a wide margin IMO, but Dobson has looked very good in his role this season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This is nothing new.

The guy’s only hattricks in his career are in the playoffs including a 4 goal game and OT winner.

The guy is a pure winner and definition of heart and soul. The guy who scouted him said Pageau one of his best picks before he even made NHL. I think in that draft year, he outperformed a hot Couturier in the playoffs too head to head.

in 2012-2013 playoffs he was shadowing Crosby out there in the second round.

We loved him in Ottawa, only reason it was time for him to go was just the rebuild plan and cap. Both teams did well, enjoy him Islanders, he fits your identity to a T.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Islanders threads are not allowed to be positive on this board or the trade board. Lock this up due to lack of Leafs, Rangers and Tavares talk.

He's been better than Tavares this year*

I haven't watched the Islanders yet this year

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Which type of animal?

Honey Badger. Plays like one. Looks like one too.

jfj546402918.jpg

honey-badger3.jpg

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Senators’ Pageau is a small but fearless centre during playoff time

Saturday's hero is not himself in Guinness, but his namesake, "Honey Badger" is as the "world's most fearless creature." It might well be an apt description for the 24-year-old Gatineau native who is listed at 5 foot 10 and 180 pounds but is neither as tall nor as heavy as claimed.
"A fearless animal," head coach Guy Boucher said of his little centre's moniker following the win. "Probably the most fearless animal on Earth. It doesn't care – it will take on anything

Reactions: SI90

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
His numbers are deceptive as he has done it with a revolving door of wingers in and out of the Isles line up. Playing mostly with Bellows, Wahlstrom, Komarov, Timashov, Johnston and just last night Beauvillier returning from injury this season. He has always been a very strong ES player, producing on the PK, and playing proficient defence.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Moronic move by Ottawa to move him. Should have been extended and named Captain

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Moronic move by Ottawa to move him. Should have been extended and named Captain

Disagree. A player like him deserves to be in the playoffs. By the time the Sens are ready to go deep, Pageau will be past his prime and be paid too much when we'll need to renew our ELCs.

Love him to death, but it was a win-win-win trade. Win for the Sens, win for the Isles and a win for Pageau.

I'm just happy he's on a team appreciates his talent and suits his play style.

Last edited:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Well now he's going scoreless in 20 games
Very possibly -- he certainly has dry spells when it comes to scoring, and that likely hasn't changed. At the least, I'm sure this current hot streak won't last all season. That said, he still contributes quite a bit when he isn't scoring, so I'm not too concerned about that either.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
The shame was having him typecast as a 3C, when he's capable of much more. He's an outstanding two way player and leader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad