JG Pageau is an animal

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I know you’re trying to avoid some jinx or whatever, but will he? Just because he was 1OA? I know you’re not basing that take on his play so far. We’ve seen enough mediocre 1OA players to not just assume they’ll be better than an already-established, successful NHLer in JGP.

That’s my take. JGP is what, in the top 20% of all NHlers? If every 1OA became that it would be enough.

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
I did not enjoy watching him hop on the ice against the Flyers last playoffs, thats for f***in sure lol

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Pageau scores his 8th in 10 games and is now tied for the team lead in goals.

This guy is EXACTLY what the Isles needed. He is a great energy player who we can slot pretty much anywhere in the lineup.

I love Ottawa's fanbase so I am glad that this trade is seemingly working out well for both teams.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

This guy is EXACTLY what the Isles needed. He is a great energy player who we can slot pretty much anywhere in the lineup.

I love Ottawa's fanbase so I am glad that this trade is seemingly working out well for both teams.
Agree, Ottawa's fanbase have been great in giving Isles fans the heads up on JGP. Hope the trade will become a win win for both teams. Pageau's up to 9 goals on the year. More than that, has been instrumental in the development of Wahlstrom on and off the ice. Been everything the Isles wanted and more when Lamoriello made the trade for him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He thinks and plays like he is 6.9 and 260...Was such a pleasure to watch him play here in Ottawa...And he is absolutely on the right team,I think that deal was the best win /win deals we have seen in a long while

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
The problem with Pageau is that he has always been identified as just a third line player. Which is really an insult. The reality is he's among the most complete packages in the league. Scoring, playmaking, power play, penalty kill, faceoffs, speed, toughness, smarts, leadership...all plus to elite level. Few players put all that together. Most of those are labeled superstar.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
In reality he is our second line center and Nelson is our third, in terms of play anyhow.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

That was a good, power goal by Pageau. I also think he was instrumental in the first goal, watch him lightly bump and distract Letang.

The problem with Pageau is that he has always been identified as just a third line player. Which is really an insult. The reality is he's among the most complete packages in the league. Scoring, playmaking, power play, penalty kill, faceoffs, speed, toughness, smarts, leadership...all plus to elite level. Few players put all that together. Most of those are labeled superstar.

Pageau been underrated because he played in small market Ottawa where his primary role was to shutdown the best centres on the other team. JGP was always a defence first guy. Perhaps it's time that we call him a 2-way centre? He is definitely Selke calibre.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Agree, Ottawa's fanbase have been great in giving Isles fans the heads up on JGP. Hope the trade will become a win win for both teams. Pageau's up to 9 goals on the year. More than that, has been instrumental in the development of Wahlstrom on and off the ice. Been everything the Isles wanted and more when Lamoriello made the trade for him.

Pageau's Sutton to Wahlstrom's Youngblood dynamic has been a treat to watch. Pageau plays the game "the right way" and it's rubbing off the kid and everyone else.

Ottawa fans were effusive in their praise for good reason. Isles fans get it now. Love the guy and he's a character too.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Pageau's Sutton to Wahlstrom's Youngblood dynamic has been a treat to watch. Pageau plays the game "the right way" and it's rubbing off the kid and everyone else.

Ottawa fans were effusive in their praise for good reason. Isles fans get it now. Love the guy and he's a character too.
I like that saying. Playing the right way. I made this comment the game The Isles were protecting the lead against Buffalo I believe it was. Wahlstrom who has earned the trust of Trotz, was about to go on a rush, but he changed his mind it looked at the last second, because the right play at that time was not to take the chance of turning over the puck in the neutral zone. He instead dumped the puck in deep. That is veteran player rubbing off on young Wahlstrom. He spoke about how he is always asking questions to JGP. That's a positive influence indeed. A talented kid learning to play the right way. Sens fans were 100% right on Pageau, his impact goes beyond what he does on the ice, it has carried to the off ice impact. Which is just as important. Pageau and Wahlstrom are starting to form that bond.

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->