Post-Game Talk: JETS Win Party Jets Fans [Mod: Jets 5-4 in SO over Preds]

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Sure like Maurice's answer regarding overtime strategy in the last three OT games. There is the coaching/strategy adjustment that many have been looking for.

Also proves that the idea that you just throw three bodies out in OT and say have a good time and you will win 50% of the games is total BS. It is not a coin toss. Strategy and player utilization are key to winning or losing in OT.

Great win!

I totally agree with this post -- you would think the Jet's executive have been reading these forums from some of our astute panelists, as they have changed their strategy in overtime hockey.

They are now using our fast guys like we suggested--Connor, Morrissey and Little started the overtime. They were also a bit more patient. I liked what I saw.:) [/QUOTE]

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Those calls were made because Laviolette chewed out the refs the night before and got booted out of the game. The Jets will not get those calls in their favor EVER. Bettman does not care about a small Canadian market ... he wants to sell the NHL to US market first but that's okay since the Jets are now good enough to beat both teams when they play.

This Bettman stuff is a complete load of utter nonsense. He works for the owners. We are supposed to believe that he is colluding with some of the owners to bias the refs against us and other small market teams? And the victim teams accept this and do nothing? What juvenile conspiracy theory crap.

Bettman helped us get a team back. When he could have blocked us. I thank him for that.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Those calls were made because Laviolette chewed out the refs the night before and got booted out of the game. The Jets will not get those calls in their favor EVER. Bettman does not care about a small Canadian market ... he wants to sell the NHL to US market first but that's okay since the Jets are now good enough to beat both teams when they play.
Bettman is not a boogeyman
This is ridiculous

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel like the Predators will be our new prime rivals going forward, like Detroit/Colorado. Had such intense games with them, same division battling for top spot, if they aren't our main rivals right now, I don't know who is.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Because it needs to be said, Bryan Little was very good last night. That's the player who is going to be big come playoff time.

God I hope Enstrom is healthy for the playoffs, if we end up playing the Preds down the line, we could really use him. Was evident many times last night.

Laine driving the middle towards the net a couple of times last night made me smile, just another way he's imposing his will lately, confidence grows every game.

1st line was the best line, my goodness Kyle Connor is simply fantastic.

Rest up and get well soon Troubs, going to need you.

#resthelle

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
If the Jets can keep Josi and Ellis from terrorizing them, I like them in a series. Jets forward depth is far superior.

f*** does Nashville get away with a lot of stick work, they've got hack and whack down to an art form. They're hard on the puck though and do they ever keep driving the net, they stay on it and get a lot of loose pucks moving the right way.

Having said that, the Jets showed considerably more skill in their chances last night.

Difference in the 1st compared to the last two periods was the Jets D finally started activating like they can, were poor in the 1st. Trouba and Enstrom improve that substantially.

These two teams are mirror images of each other in how they play.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Because it needs to be said, Bryan Little was very good last night. That's the player who is going to be big come playoff time.

God I hope Enstrom is healthy for the playoffs, if we end up playing the Preds down the line, we could really use him. Was evident many times last night.

Laine driving the middle towards the net a couple of times last night made me smile, just another way he's imposing his will lately, confidence grows every game.

1st line was the best line, my goodness Kyle Connor is simply fantastic.

Rest up and get well soon Troubs, going to need you.

#resthelle
Couldn't agree more with everything you posted here , very good stuff . Anyone who doesn't like what Little does or brings to the team is just not paying enough attention , good thing we have such astute people like us on here . :laugh:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Rest Hellebuyck a bit down the stretch. I don't think first is happening and Minnesota would need a miracle to hit 3rd. He's given up a softie two games in a row now. Give him Tuesday night off.

The reffing wasn't too bad. Missed calls went both ways. The Jets penalties were deserved for the most part.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Rest Hellebuyck a bit down the stretch. I don't think first is happening and Minnesota would need a miracle to hit 3rd. He's given up a softie two games in a row now. Give him Tuesday night off.

The reffing wasn't too bad. Missed calls went both ways. The Jets penalties were deserved for the most part.

The Laine call was not a penalty. If they called it like that consistently there would be no 5v5 play. Nevermind that it was with 5 mins left in a tie game.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Jets clinch in 2015 was pretty cool, and this year was awesome a comeback win, but it will never beat this. The all time greatest playoff clinch:

If only that team could have won their last road game that year vs the Ducks... then we could have avoided the juggernaut Red Wings. It would have been home ice advantage in a series against the Leafs!!!!

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
You have an over 40 goal scorer in your team and you're trailing or in tie the whole game. Would you play him only 13 minutes?
First of all the Jets had 4 penalties in the first period and then Laine got a high stick (No call) and had to go for stitches and missed a good part of the second and then in the third a cheap penalty kept him off the ice for another 2 mins.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

If the Jets deserved all those penalties that Nashville should have had a guy in the penalty box the whole game.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Karhuvaari

Dec 4, 2016
Penalties in the first period kept him out. Stitches in the chin later on a high stick achieved the same.

Thats all I've got for you.

Jets had six minors in the game and if I recall correctly one of them was a 4on4. He missed maybe one or two shifts because of the high stick so that would add about a minute to his playing time.

I mean it all worked in the end but can you name another team that has 40 goal scorer in their roster and doesn't play almost 20 minutes a game? This or previous seasons. I know, he's young and all that but he hasn't been playing like that lately.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Did you see the post game interview with Maurice ? Could he have a better reaction to the question about Myers grabbing the gutless wonder Subban ? He loved it without saying he did , just brilliant stuff . :laugh:

I just wonder how tough Myers would be in a fight ??--I'd bet mighty tough ?? Does anybody know ?? --has he had any fights. You'd think with his height, reach, and weight, he'd be a formidable opponent. He doesn't have a "mean nature"-- but if he lost his temper, he might be a little scary to fight.

Sort of reminds me of Larry Robinson with the Montreal Canadians, back in the day. I never saw him fight--til one day. The day was when the Habs were taking on the Broad Street Bullies,(Flyers) who were trying to beat up the talented Habs and intimidate them. A brawl broke out and Robinson grabbed Dave Schultz and absolutely mopped the floor with him. He handled Dave like a rag doll and pounded him good !!! :cool:

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Jets had six minors in the game and if I recall correctly one of them was a 4on4. He missed maybe one or two shifts because of the high stick so that would add about a minute to his playing time.

I mean it all worked in the end but can you name another team that has 40 goal scorer in their roster and doesn't play almost 20 minutes a game? This or previous seasons. I know, he's young and all that but he hasn't been playing like that lately.

He ran out of gas last year. Maurice is keeping him fresh for the playoffs this year. Also, Laine had already taken an elbow to the head and gotten stitches from a high stick, so no point in bruising him further in such a heated game (where the result ultimately doesn’t matter much). Maurice is a really smart man and I’m very thankful he’s making sure to keep Laine fresh for the coming grind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad