Post-Game Talk: JETS Win Party Jets Fans [Mod: Jets 5-4 in SO over Preds]

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
The rookie doesn't take dumb penalties
There is quite a bit of heads-down dumb in Tanev's game. Roslovic is a better option. He has similar speed and puck pursuit and I'm sure he is familiar with the concept of killing penalties.

But if you want someone mindlessly running around and hitting everything in sight Tanev is an excellent option. He would be annoying to play against I give him that.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
To the surprise of no one.

I'm finally getting to Maurice's post game interview. You an tell Maurice appreciates the intelligent questions & Ates asked great follow up questions that pertained directly to each of Maurice's responses.

Show's the man is much more than a writer, he's intelligent & a fast thinker.

Very rare. Most sports reporters have scripted questions they read verbatim.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'm finally getting to Maurice's post game interview. You an tell Maurice appreciates the intelligent questions & Ates asked great follow up questions that pertained directly to each of Maurice's responses.

Show's the man is much more than a writer, he's intelligent & a fast thinker.

Very rare. Most sports reporters have scripted questions they read verbatim.

I'm gonna defend the "Standard Sports Reporter" a bit here:

A) The Athletic doesn't try to worry about game recaps or any BS like that. They're more interested in better things. They can just focus on solid stories.

B) The standard HOCKEY reporter has learned over the years what boring coaches and players will respond to. Sometimes I watch players in post game scrums and just shake my head. They have nothing interesting to say, and will say nothing interesting no matter the prodding.

It's the second biggest problem facing the game (aside from the abysmal way interference is called). Zero personality from its stars. Ovi has something, PK has something, but aside from those two, I can't think of a Hockey star who has a unique personality. On or off the ice. Thank god we have Laine.

Maurice is actually one of the more entertaining coaches in the NHL. Do you know how pathetic that is? The NBA has so much more entertainment from just coaches. Popovich, Kerr, Kidd. Heck even Dwayne Casey has a flair that NHL coaches just don't have. Ty Lue is pretty cool. I just rattled off 5 NBA coaches that I wanna hear from and I hate basketball outside of Lebron James.

Nevermind 5 coaches I wanna hear from, I'd be hard pressed to name 5 coaches period in the NHL and associate them with their teams. I'd only get to five because I pay attention to who is on the hot seat.

I have no idea who the head coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins is right now. Think about that. I'm a big hockey fan.

Reactions: JetsFan815

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
We're in the playoffs!!! :yo:
I'm happy for guys like Wheeler, Little, Enstrom, Buff, that have toughed it out over the years. Should be a good experience for the younger guys as well.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
The NBA has so much more entertainment from just coaches. Popovich, Kerr, Kidd. Heck even Dwayne Casey has a flair that NHL coaches just don't have. Ty Lue is pretty cool. I just rattled off 5 NBA coaches that I wanna hear from and I hate basketball outside of Lebron James.

Nevermind 5 coaches I wanna hear from, I'd be hard pressed to name 5 coaches period in the NHL and associate them with their teams. I'd only get to five because I pay attention to who is on the hot seat.

I have no idea who the head coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins is right now. Think about that. I'm a big hockey fan.

All fair points, but I'd retort basketball media tend to know the game inside out. All too often local hockey scribes have been wrong about mundane elements of the game, let alone aware of systems & tactics being employed.

I'll add perhaps Basketball has had too much personality of late. Can you imagine a Jet's parent acting like LaVar Ball?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
All fair points, but I'd retort basketball media tend to know the game inside out. All too often local hockey scribes have been wrong about mundane elements of the game, let alone aware of systems & tactics being employed.

I'll add perhaps Basketball has had too much personality of late. Can you imagine a Jet's parent acting like LaVar Ball?

I guess it's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.

From personal experience, Soccer coaches are amazing at discussing Tactics in a way that is easily incorporated into an article, while hockey coaches just don't bother.

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Damned Preds tried to disenchant The Beard! That will not be succesful! If anything, Patrik have now some taste for what it will be to play NHL playoffs and endure it. First the foot injury and now this - he gets used to that and shakes the pain off. And the red lamp behind the net will burn wildly, violently and often!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Damn, this is a beautiful thing. *sniff*

upload_2018-3-26_7-59-55.png

LowEnd88

Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg
i'm going to have a heart attack if we play the preds in the 2nd round (assuming we beat minni). seriously, these games are way to stressful to watch.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Went to Sportsnet this morning.
'Bout a quarter after nine
Feeling that shootout victory
or couldda been the wine

When i looked at the standings this morning
It was a little after nine.
and you wouldn't know we won 5 in a row
Jets' fans relieve themselves one at a time

Last edited:

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Had a lot of fun watching this game, the character of our team really showed tonight being down 2-0 against the top team in the West. Saros played a strong game as the Jets really hammered down with some intense OZ time during the second and portions of the 3rd. Loved the playoff atmosphere which got me even more excited for real playoff time. So proud of this team even with all the injuries they come to play every night.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It would be nice to finish with more points than Vegas (or ROW?) so we have home ice after dispatching Minny and the Preds. Vegas is good on home ice.
The Jets sent the Preds a couple of serious messages these last two times they have met. The Jets don't give up and when the Jets skate, the Preds are no match. I have full confidence the Jets can win a series against the Preds starting in their house.
I'd honestly be more worried playing Vegas with them having home advantage. It's kind of weird but I have never been this confident about any Winnipeg Jets team.

Last edited:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Maurice sure liked how Myers handled Subban during that skirmish.

When Subban repeatedly pretended that he would drop his gloves to fight in a league that allows fist fighting that should be deemed 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Myers 2 minutes for roughing when seeing PK the Clown pretending he might fight was a good penalty to take. To see Myers come flying in there and lay a lick on him really grew some momentum in the building.

By the end of the game it looked like Perrault was starting get in PK's head and PK was getting frustrated.

Fun game to be at. I am in agreement that Morrow looked pretty good and just wow when watching KC play. Another special player on a team that appears to have a few players in the offensively gifted category.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad