Post-Game Talk: JETS Win Party Jets Fans [Mod: Jets 5-4 in SO over Preds]

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Great game tonight. Connor quite the two-way beast.

When Laine left the Jets bench I thought he was gone to get some dental work done from the stick job to his face. When he came back to the bench I noticed his beard was red and saw the big gash on his chin.

To help out with tonight's image trivia game, I am ugly Jets suit guy and the fellow on my right is the owner of the company at which I work. (edit: neither one of us has ever worked in the media)

I had a laugh reading through the thread, I actually got a penalty for knocking Stan Kubicek flying in a no-checking hockey game back in the 80's.

There was a funny post on the Colorado GDT last month, an Avalanche fan from Sweden referred to me and my brother as Winnipeg Suit Man and Homeless Camo Guy.

Every win is going to be so hard to come by in the playoffs but I think our team's one game at a time attitude through so many injuries has prepared us well. Everyone has stepped up and we have remained consistent.

I hope we finally win our first playoff game and our last playoff game as well (that is all I ask for ;))

I want that suit

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Preds weren't at their best after playing the night before in Minnesota, but that was evened out with 4 penalties in the 1st by the Jets. It was impressive to see the Jets just continue to put the hammer down through the 2nd and 3rd periods, despite some so-so goaltending by Hellebuyck in the 1st and 2nd. They were just relentless.

Wanted to add my kudos to Morrow, who had a very strong game. He matched Buff well - played like Enstrom, but shoots more and better. He's not Toby, but good to have a mobile D. By the way, Morrow has a CF% of 56.3 and GF% of 72.7 since joining the Jets.

Ehlers was sub-par, but most of the other forwards were terrific. Connor was electric. Perreault was more like his usual self, creating a lot of turnovers and chances. Lowry was a beast. I liked Maurice's move to put Little back to C with Perreault and Armia, moving Copp to LW with Lowry and Tanev. Armia had a very strong game.

Preds will be a very tough out in the playoffs, but I think the Jets will be, too.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
What a fun game to be at, this team gives you your money's worth. Loved Myers response there and I have to say that this win will help with the psyche. We're all talking like jets preds are a lock round two, blues, kings or Avs won't be an easy out either for them. A hot goalie and anything can happen! Bring out the white!

TiimuSeLaine

Oct 23, 2016
WE...ARE...WINNIPEG !!
wPE9aPk.jpg

The end result wasn't are intense as I imagined it :laugh: , but might as well post this. I was only able to find suitable smiling faces.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
The biggest difference I notice in the Jet's this year, is their poise and composure, and when they get 2 goals down, they don't give up, and fold their tent.

This.

I can't believe the composure and poise of this year's team when they get scored. This year, they don't give up.

Reactions: GNP

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Great game tonight. Connor quite the two-way beast.

When Laine left the Jets bench I thought he was gone to get some dental work done from the stick job to his face. When he came back to the bench I noticed his beard was red and saw the big gash on his chin.

To help out with tonight's image trivia game, I am ugly Jets suit guy and the fellow on my right is the owner of the company at which I work. (edit: neither one of us has ever worked in the media)

I had a laugh reading through the thread, I actually got a penalty for knocking Stan Kubicek flying in a no-checking hockey game back in the 80's.

There was a funny post on the Colorado GDT last month, an Avalanche fan from Sweden referred to me and my brother as Winnipeg Suit Man and Homeless Camo Guy.

Every win is going to be so hard to come by in the playoffs but I think our team's one game at a time attitude through so many injuries has prepared us well. Everyone has stepped up and we have remained consistent.

I hope we finally win our first playoff game and our last playoff game as well (that is all I ask for ;))

That's great! :D Where did you get that suit btw? Serious question, I want to buy one. I hope wherever it was (online Jets store of some kind?) that they ship to Finland.

I want to wear it at the Jets-Panthers game in Helsinki (and at all parties prior to it ;)).

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not that it's good to get down by 2 (twice), but I'm glad the team was able to battle back both times and get the 2 points. Should only help if the two teams meet in the playoffs.

Meeting the Preds in the playoffs would be great theatre, but it would be an extremely hard fought series that could likely go either way. The Jets would need to play a lot better in their barn.

All I want is to be healthy for game 1. Trouba and Enstrom for sure, and maybe Kulikov.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
That's great! :D Where did you get that suit btw? Serious question, I want to buy one. I hope wherever it was (online Jets store of some kind?) that they ship to Finland.

I want to wear it at the Jets-Panthers game in Helsinki (and at all parties prior to it ;)).
You should be able to order it here:
ALLOVER PRINT SUIT JACKET - Jackets - Men's Clothing - WINNIPEG JETS

When I first got the suit and tie I wore it at work on casual Friday (I had ordered it online from lids.ca at the time). My co-workers asked me when or where would I ever wear it. I mentioned hockey games, our annual draft party and other parties as you stated. Funny thing is the first appearance of the jacket was at my god daughter's 5th birthday party (by request of her and her mother).

Now that the jacket and tie are available at the Jets Gear store it isn't unique anymore (but that position directly behind coach Maurice is). I was going to change it up at some games but I have requests from many different people to continue wearing it to the games (even my parish priest lol).

Enjoy the game next year, it will be nice for you to see Laine playing live for the defending Stanley Cup champions.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've been defending Buff all season because i just think there is no one quite like Buff . He always looks like he is having fun out there but the best is when he gets pissed off , don't poke the bear man . :laugh: He has one of the best sticks in hockey and is also very smart out there on the ice . Morrow had his best game of the season with us so far , funny he just happened to be paired with Buff . Always love when Buff stands on the puck and 2 or 3 guys can't remotely get the puck from him . Trouba back for the playoffs and we have one of best D's in all of hockey .

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Not that it's good to get down by 2 (twice), but I'm glad the team was able to battle back both times and get the 2 points. Should only help if the two teams meet in the playoffs.

Meeting the Preds in the playoffs would be great theatre, but it would be an extremely hard fought series that could likely go either way. The Jets would need to play a lot better in their barn.

All I want is to be healthy for game 1. Trouba and Enstrom for sure, and maybe Kulikov.

I agree. We have been competitive with the Preds all season and never once were we completely healthy. This is the first time in a long time that we've been healthy up front, but still missing 2 of our 4 starting D and a solid 3rd pairing guy in Kulikov.

I believe that a healthy Jets team beats a healthy Preds team most nights, since we do just fine decimated with injuries.

Reactions: GNP and Eyeseeing

YoyiBear

Mar 12, 2018
You should get a white version for playoff games (and SC parade).

You should be able to order it here:
ALLOVER PRINT SUIT JACKET - Jackets - Men's Clothing - WINNIPEG JETS

When I first got the suit and tie I wore it at work on casual Friday (I had ordered it online from lids.ca at the time). My co-workers asked me when or where would I ever wear it. I mentioned hockey games, our annual draft party and other parties as you stated. Funny thing is the first appearance of the jacket was at my god daughter's 5th birthday party (by request of her and her mother).

Now that the jacket and tie are available at the Jets Gear store it isn't unique anymore (but that position directly behind coach Maurice is). I was going to change it up at some games but I have requests from many different people to continue wearing it to the games (even my parish priest lol).

Enjoy the game next year, it will be nice for you to see Laine playing live for the defending Stanley Cup champions.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Still banged up with 3 regular D men and 2 goalies out - but they are playing tbeir best hockey of the season lately.

All they need to do to peak for the playoffs is cut out the bad penalties. Come to think of it, would those calls be made in the playoffs?
Those calls were made because Laviolette chewed out the refs the night before and got booted out of the game. The Jets will not get those calls in their favor EVER. Bettman does not care about a small Canadian market ... he wants to sell the NHL to US market first but that's okay since the Jets are now good enough to beat both teams when they play.

Reactions: ocdaddy

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Really like seeing Myers get in there and stick up for his team. Subban is such a bum.

I have a theory, that Tyler Myers was watching the trailer for the upcoming Andre the Giant biopic before the game and realized, "hey, wait a minute, I'm that big too!" Cause like for the first time I can remember, he played like a giant instead of a beanpole. It was sweet to see :)

Reactions: Robinson2187

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I've been defending Buff all season because i just think there is no one quite like Buff . He always looks like he is having fun out there but the best is when he gets pissed off , don't poke the bear man . :laugh: He has one of the best sticks in hockey and is also very smart out there on the ice . Morrow had his best game of the season with us so far , funny he just happened to be paired with Buff . Always love when Buff stands on the puck and 2 or 3 guys can't remotely get the puck from him . Trouba back for the playoffs and we have one of best D's in all of hockey .
You've perfectly summed up why his was the first jersey I bought in 2011 and why I continue to proudly keep it in my "game wear" rotation. :thumbu:

Reactions: Jets 31

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Sure like Maurice's answer regarding overtime strategy in the last three OT games. There is the coaching/strategy adjustment that many have been looking for.

Also proves that the idea that you just throw three bodies out in OT and say have a good time and you will win 50% of the games is total BS. It is not a coin toss. Strategy and player utilization are key to winning or losing in OT.

Great win!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Sure like Maurice's answer regarding overtime strategy in the last three OT games. There is the coaching/strategy adjustment that many have been looking for.

Also proves that the idea that you just throw three bodies out in OT and say have a good time and you will win 50% of the games is total BS. It is not a coin toss. Strategy and player utilization are key to winning or losing in OT.

Great win!
Did anyone see the Edmonton=Anaheim OT last night? Anaheim won the opening faceoff and held back in their own zone waiting for McDavid and Draisaitl to change or tire out. About 1 minutes into the OT, they changed their forwards, skate it up and score.

The OT is more random than playing a full game, but it's not like there aren't things you can do to tilt the odds in your favour.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad