Post-Game Talk: JETS Win Party Jets Fans [Mod: Jets 5-4 in SO over Preds]

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I was at the game and watched Morrow a lot. He is very mobile and makes quite good passes. He can play.
Maurice mentioned how Morrow is the closest to Enstrom that the Jets have in regards to their games.

That's a good point, similar types of games make the roster change less of a negative or less of a drop off. Seeing how Enstrom's injury history is Morrow is a good inexpensive add. He skates very well, mobile, fluid, he's very smooth and he can move the puck. Those skills on a very good team could be a player situation match that's a big win.

Having Morrow as your 6th or 7th D next year may be something the Jets will like. Anxious to see him play the last 7 games prior to the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saintb

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Were in The playoffs not fighting for the last possible spot on the only last game of the season...

WOW...

Its been a long long time....

Reactions: JetsFan815

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Can't decide who is more of a jackass on the ice (Subban or Hartnell). Hilarious when Pk finally wanted to drop the gloves with Scheifs as he didn't last game and Myers scooted in and said if you really want to go...go with me. Also can't believe Hartnell gets away with what he does half the time.
definitely Hartnell...PK is a good player at least. Scotty is a dinosaur. (well ok not extinct but threatened)

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Gee, it’s a hard decision for that last guy in the lineup.

Armia, Tanev and Roslovic fighting for two spots to get in lineup.

Armia might be the guy I keep in regardless, but Roslovic has looked good with Perreault and Little too. PoMo likes Tanev on pk. Will be an interesting decision. I think PoMo sits the rookie.
I hated the Tanev penalty. I've always liked JR. Iv'e been waiting for Armia to show me another gear and he did tonight. If he can sustain it, it bodes very well for the playoffs.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
274w91.jpg
Pretty sure I was at this game. Was it the one Khabibulin stood on his head?

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
That was an exciting game.

At this point, I am kinda done talking about Nashville. I am more concerned about playing well down the stretch, getting healthy, and focusing on our first round opponent.

Like the Jets detractors have said, this franchise hasn’t won a playoff game. I doubt that will be a hurdle but we’ll be in a good first round fight.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I am going to say this, Joe Morrow was our best d-man out there tonight. Guy played unreal tonight.

You got to give Chevy credit for bringing in Stast and Morrow. Not only has he built a great team up from nothing and built a foundation that should keep the Jets competitive for many years to come he brings in the exact players we needed at the right time.

This beer is for you Chevy.

Stay thirsty. :)

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sure nice to see that X- beside 'Winnipeg Jets'!

That was quite a game. :laugh: Started out looking like we were going to have another dominant game. Then the stupid penalties hit. But, once the boys got their feet back under them, they did come pretty close to domination the rest of the way. Great comeback win!

Helle was our weakest player - and he wasn't bad. Just not as good as usual.

I'm warming up to Morrow, although that may just be the effect of playing with Buff. But he reminds me a bit of Postma, only better in the D zone.

Connor is on fire. Clearly gaining a lot of confidence.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
O’Connor is starting to look a lot like Ehlers. Minus the neutral zone turnovers.
He’s finally figured out how to use his speed and his confidence is growing by the day.
When Roslovic matures and joins the team full time, imagine the tripidation that will live in the hearts of our opponents!

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Tanev should come out. Roslo back in.

Kyle Calder Connor Scheif Wheeler

Perreault Little Roslo

Ehlers Stastny Laine

Copp Lowry Armia

Switch Armia and Roslo but those should be the 12 guys

Sorry but I disagree with this. Tanev was a beast on the fore check tonight. I think Roslo is a great young player that will eventually be a mainstay on the Jets line up for many years to come. That said I think the Jets need Tanev's dogged and relentless fore check to succeed in this run for the cup. If there are some injures in the forward position then Roslo should be the first one to play.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Best ever Winnipeg Jets team. 1983-84.
16 games over real 500.

2017-18 Winnipeg Jets currently:
17 games over real 500.

Records were made to be broken and I’m so happy to see us doing just that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad