Post-Game Talk: Jets Win against Wings 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets win (barely) against the worst team in the league!

One poster actually though Laine played well!:help:

Wheeler and Schief still mailing it in!

Ehlers one good game (Leafs) seems to have been a fluke!

Don’t know how the Jets are going to go anywhere with only three legit. NHL D men!

Brossoit a steal!

Thought Ehlers had an excellent game. Made some excellent passes but Howard was a brick wall tonight.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
For the price of four croissants at Safeway you could go to St. B and buy one croissant, except if you went to the St. B Safeway. For the price of 9 croissants you could buy one helle of a doughnut.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Either the Jets played horribly or Detroit played their best hockey. Found Detroit was only very good defensively this game other than AA and Larkin who were good offensively. Better improve or we're bound for a nice long slump that'll last until the All-Star break. But there is something wrong with this team and I cannot put my finger on it.

I just don't get how those shots by Detroit didn't go in, Brossoit somehow managed for those to stay out. Either way, he earned the start for next game. But the Jets forwards and D need to be much... better going into next game.

We were significantly better for a significant majority of the game, and got a result that reflected it. It was yet another almost exactly-on-expectation game.

"If we aren't the better team 100% of the time and unless we make zero mistakes and win handily, it's a failure" is an *incredibly* and perniciously high expectation.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Don’t know how the Jets are going to go anywhere with only three legit. NHL D men!

Brossoit a steal!

What are you talking about? Ehlers played as well as anyone else, and Laine was also looking pretty good until he got demoted. Didn’t you miss half of the game?

Reactions: bisonbutt

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016

Brossoit a steal!

It was me! I thought he played well but my goddamn blue and white homer glasses are really a nuisance. It's not easy! At least it was not the tire fire from the Toronto game. It was like a concealed burner barrel from the new Making a Murderer second season (check that out if you saw the first one)

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
What are you talking about? Ehlers played as well as anyone else, and Laine was also looking pretty good until he got demoted. Didn’t you miss half of the game?

Laine played well on the PP, he got a lot of shots off but 5v5 he was as weak as ever!

Reactions: Jets 31

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Scheifele looked like he was skating in quicksand and Wheeler is going around in circles, lots of work still to do but they are winning and that's the bottom line

Reactions: sipowicz

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Looks like Jets put in a solid defensive performance. Something we will need against the Leafs.

High Danger Chances for: 12 Against: 3

Ehlers with CF% of 75% while Chariot had 26.32% :help:

Another random thought: Do we lead the league in wins when not scoring first?

Reactions: ocdaddy

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Laine played well on the PP, he got a lot of shots off but 5v5 he was as weak as ever!

He was playing pretty well 5 on 5 to start the game, winning battles and going at it pretty hard. I found it a weird time to demote him. On the fourth line however he looked disinterested.

Ehlers played at least as well as Wheeler and Scheifele.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Brossoit made the big save. Earning the trust of his coach and teammates. Howard played pretty good too, but Big Buff finally got him. Got to say that was a ballsy pass by Chiarot.

Liked the adjustments. Good message to Laine demoting him. Kid looks so lazy at times, but the skill is there. Hopefully it's not a permanent move, just a shakeup.

Little needs to change his sticks, man was he snakebit.

Morrissey is simply awesome, night in night out. Scheif was everywhere too. Ehlers made some nice dishes tonight. Lowry's line was outstanding. Lowry is one of the best conditioned players on the team.

Liked Larkin and Athanasiou, who had a good battle with Trouba, on the Wings.

I thought Lemieux was very meh on the 4th line. With a non physical Leafs team, hope Petan draws in. Would like to see Perreault-Petan-Roslovic, with Roslovic on the wing, and tenaciously forechecking.

Kulikov I thought was pretty decent, until he coughed up a 2-1. Again I'd like to see Morrow against the Leafs speed on the wings.

But 2 points is 2 points. Keeps pace.

Hope the Jets shine on Hockey Night in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
It was me! I thought he played well but my goddamn blue and white homer glasses are really a nuisance. It's not easy! At least it was not the tire fire from the Toronto game. It was like a concealed burner barrel from the new Making a Murderer second season (check that out if you saw the first one)

jets glasses.png

Try these and see what the rest of us see!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
He was playing pretty well 5 on 5 to start the game, winning battles and going at it pretty hard. He looked disinterested on the fourth line.

Ehlers played at least as well as Wheeler and Scheifele.

True enough, Ehlers and Laine were no worse than Wheeler and Schief and all about as good as Wright and Mathias hen they were on the team!

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
No line except Lowry's looked decent tonight, but still 2 points is 2 points. Though to be honest this does not look like the team (from last spring) I paid an arm and a leg to see play twice next week...

Laine's demotion is totally justified, he looks disinterested and like he has absolutely no confidence in his abilities. Looking at Buff on PP it would seem Laine's teammates have lost confidence in him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad