Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Preds - Sat May 5 8:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt...even though Dano is a better hockey player than Hendricks which is my real problem. If Hendricks is still in next game the Jets don't deserve to advance because they aren't putting their best foot forward. You can't convince me that Hendo is better at any aspect of hockey than Dano. What is better at?

Yup this the the right answer.....Hendricks is too slow to even put himself in position to make a good hit and get back into position in this series......

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yup this the the right answer.....Hendricks is too slow to even put himself in position to make a good hit and get back into position in this series......

He looks slower then he did in the regular season. He is just done as a player. Would make a great hype guy for the locker room though.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Gary Roberts was a top power forward for a significant part of his career. Matt Hendricks was never much beyond replacement level. Apples and Oranges
Not at this stage of their careers. That is the conparison.Roberts may have been even a step slower.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Nice to have a pro asking some real questions, and pushing back on BS crap answers. I don't know who Maurice is more afraid of right now, Laviolette or Murat.
Lol...yeah Mo just isn't used to all those relevant questions. He actually has to think about the answer instead of the canned responses elicited from "other" reporters.

Reactions: Board Bard

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Hendricks is experienced at cracking jokes. He's a funny guy. Don't like him on the PK is all I'm saying.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Perreault referring to himself in the 3rd person?.......lol.
19a115eac35602743347284c9e2492be.jpg

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hendricks is experienced at cracking jokes. He's a funny guy. Don't like him on the PK is all I'm saying.

Everyone in the room loves him and he brings a certain atmosphere to the locker room. But in the playoffs I think that is worth a lot less then having him around during a longer season.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The last statement PMo makes in his presser implies that he didn't want to have both Armia and Perreault come back from injury at the same time, so yes, I would agree that Frenchie will be in the lineup tomorrow... assuming nothing else changes... like his hairstyle for example... ;)

So at least he admits it, still I think it was a horrible decision.

Also if he didn't want to put two injury additions in he should have played Perrault and kept Roslovic in. That would have given us a far more dangerous fourth line.

Last edited:
Reactions: jefferoni

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He looks slower then he did in the regular season. He is just done as a player. Would make a great hype guy for the locker room though.
He looks slower because playoffs are faster, and the Preds are one of the best teams. He's barely touched the puck this series and hasn't taken away time and space at all.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He looks slower because playoffs are faster, and the Preds are one of the best teams. He's barely touched the puck this series and hasn't taken away time and space at all.

Yeah it was definitely the wrong decision. Mo needs to wear it.

Reactions: surixon

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The last statement PMo makes in his presser implies that he didn't want to have both Armia and Perreault come back from injury at the same time, so yes, I would agree that Frenchie will be in the lineup tomorrow... assuming nothing else changes... like his hairstyle for example... ;)
Well, this is more rational than the "chemistry" theory. If both Armia and Perreault find that they can't play, Jets are down two forwards.

Still, I'd take Roslovic or Dano any day over Hendricks, but I will now formally let it go (unless Hendricks plays again this playoffs).

Reactions: jefferoni

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I am quite positive there was more than 1 poster that were concerned about providing a player like Hendricks to PoMo. It's almost as if there is a pattern to how mediocre coaches operate.

There are plenty of possible reasons why PoMo would willingly play someone so obviously bad. I can't think of a single hockey reason.

Reactions: Board Bard

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Well, this is more rational than the "chemistry" theory. If both Armia and Perreault find that they can't play, Jets are down two forwards.

Still, I'd take Roslovic or Dano any day over Hendricks, but I will now formally let it go (unless Hendricks plays again this playoffs).

The thing I don't like about it is, if they are medically cleared, are they really at any more at risk of getting injured over anyone else?

Reactions: surixon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nice to see Murat ask such questions as the media crew that we have been accustomed to since the Jets return wouldn’t . Murat has been great since he’s been on the scene.

Yea I 100% agree

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Anyhow I expect the Preds will try to play the same way. They will sit back and clog while putting everything on net and hope for another bounce.

We really need to get the first goal or two and force them to open up.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Lavi did the same thing scratching fiala for hartnell. It's not the reason for the result of the game. The preds D just had their best game of the playoffs. Need more out of our fast and skilled wingers ehlers and Connor. Scheif and wheeler need to lead by example like they'e done all year.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Clear that Matty is back in.
What have you read indicating a change. I didn't hear anything in the coaches interview that indicated he was unhappy with last nights lineup decisions.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just heard the exchange and I'm disapointed in Maurice. Why even have media scrums if your not going to give a legit answer to question. Acting like a jerk and making stupid comments about his hair is just really unprofessional. He could have handled it differently by saying something like when healthy Perrault helps us by driving the play on whichever line he's in. All stuff he's said before.

Reactions: Coach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad