GDT: Jets vs Preds Round 2 - Game 6 - May 7th, 8:30pm - "Fire on Ice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
so...let's figure out the most important games in Jets v2.0 history. and i'm going to ignore the 1st game back in 2011 because, yeah, too obvious/lame.

1. Game 5 vs Minnesota
2. tonight's game (a loss would make Game 7 the most important game in franchise history)
3. ??? (if i recall correctly, the Jets made the playoffs a few years back when another team lost, not when the Jets won)
The two games the Jets lost to the Caps to let the SE Division title slip away?

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
:jetsGreat GDT!! Nice to have you back in the saddle Zham.

Game of Thrones - I have read all the books, and even bought a map of that "world" to help me link the stories. I've never seen any of the HBO series... I guess its time. :laugh: I enjoyed the meticulous background info - fascinating! - with the description of the story by the author (paraphrasing) "to take history, file off the numbers, and turn it up to 11".

Jets thoughts - Roll those four lines, make it tough on them to find the answer!
Lets get this tonight.
- Matty Perreault in full-on (insert number here) - line Jesus mode.
- Can Pate be on the same line as Perreault? :naughty::nod:
- Helle Boy - we need the game you know you can bring.
- Looking for an ignition from Fly and a continued Fire breathing performance from Shuffles, Wheels and Farmleague.
- Buff? You can smash, and you can score. Both please.
- Ignition of the collective afterburner in the first, please.

And thank you.

Last edited:

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Nice GDT. Sara Olesky is by far the most beautiful yet sinister game reporter who is impervious to fire
Okay, this game will make history that we can tell our grandchildren, never before has the Jets ever gone to the third round.
May home ice advantage be the power that has been this whole season!
Go :jets Go!

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
Just win, please !!!!!!!!!! This is so stressful, I don't think I could handle a game 7
aeb15f4f5de3ba696904da8165f50f2dbce.gif

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Westwood sorta selling us short this morning. Basically saying we were lucky in game 5. Now, he’s right in a sense. Getting through period one at 0-0 was huge and there was luck involved. But, the preds have had a few breaks too. I mean if a stick butt doesn’t stop a puck in game 4 this series might be over already. Plus, the jets missed on a couple golden chances in game 5 as well.

We are also going into the game tonight essentially having added a good line since game 4. That will help us get through any traps.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s every possibility we’re going back to Nashville for game 7. I just don’t like the implication that we’re 3-2 because we’ve benefitted more from luck.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
shakespeare-2_custom-65d20b7af2e94988d7c845944e0b72adbab85dbf-s900-c85.jpg

Some Shakey for your playoff palates::ghost2:

The Kitten’s expense of spirit in a waste of shame
Laviolette rages for action: he gets only bust
His D’s efforts perjured, odiferous, and full of blame,
Jets' four lines are savage, but straight-up worthy of trust;
Catfish and yowl’d tuneage are rancid and despised straight;
Time to be punted; and no sooner had,
Past best-before time, like swallowed muddy-water bait,
Kitten mustard lies thick but only makes Byfuglien mad.
Mad to burn Rinne’s house and in puck possession so;
Had, having, the quest to break the Preds’ ships' beam;
Our offence in proof, and proved, their every woe;
Chevy’s season, a joy proposed; behind a dream.
To all this the hockey world awakens; yet none knows well
The draft-and-develop heaven that enables men like Ser Helle.

Last edited:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I was in Vegas for a conference when we started the year 0-2. A co-worker suggested we put $100 each down on the Jets to win the conference. I said no way I am I going to throw away $100. Biggest regret in loooooooooong time :eek:

Allegedly, it has been suggested that at the start of the year, I got $50 on the Jets at 28:1 to make the finals and another $50 on them at 55:1 to win the cup. Were that the case, surely it would be my greatest lament that, win or lose, I'll never see odds like that on the Jets for a looooooooong time as well."

Were that the case, of course.

Reactions: blues10 and Jets 31

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Allegedly, it has been suggested that at the start of the year, I got $50 on the Jets at 28:1 to make the finals and another $50 on them at 55:1 to win the cup. Were that the case, surely it would be my greatest lament that, win or lose, I'll never see odds like that on the Jets for a looooooooong time as well."

The weekend of the Jets in Vegas game, we got 25-1 for conference win, and 50-1 for Stanley Cup win :)

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I am really starting to think you have a gambling problem Alpha . :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad