Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Penguins Jan 27 6:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Hell yeah, Christ Horburn on the third line.

It gets better...

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 20s21 seconds ago
Nothing official yet, but indications are that Greiss will be in goal against Winnipeg Tuesday and Fleury will play Wednesday in Washington.

We usually score a lot on Fleury at least from what I remember, it's just they usually score more against us on Pavelec...

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
220-Carleton-300x144.jpg

For those interested True North released a statement today about 220 Carlton Street Development

To read click here.

Coach-Maurice-in-PA-300x206.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: How was the break? Excited about getting going again? Is Mathieu Perreault good to go? Any (health) concerns with his lineup going into stretch drive? Where did they miss Perreault the most? Change in the confidence in the group? Byfuglien good to go? Does he expect Stuart to be available tomorrow?

To listen click here.

Last edited:

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
220-Carleton-300x144.jpg

For those interested True North released a statement today about 220 Carlton Street Development

To read click here.

Coach-Maurice-pre-game-300x170.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: How was the break? Excited about getting going again? Is Mathieu Perreault good to go? Any (health) concerns with his lineup going into stretch drive? Where did they miss Perreault the most? Change in the confidence in the group? Byfuglien good to go? Does he expect Stuart to be available tomorrow?

To listen click here.

Sounds like he will be in!

Let's hope we can keep a healthy roster now. :help:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Who has more points/minute this season, Halischuk or Thorburn?

Name|pos|Team|Gm|G|A|P|G60|A60|P60|CF%|PDO|PSh%|ZSO%Rel|TOI/Gm
Matt.Halischuk|RL|WPG|36|2|4|6|0.4|0.7|1.1|51|100.6|4.1|1.9|9.4
Chris.Thorburn|RL|WPG|47|4|1|5|0.8|0.2|1|45.9|99.2|12.9|-4.7|6.5

Hali, but not a huge amount of difference either way. Hali's possession numbers are better, but he's also played with better players for more of his TOI. For someone who typically scores well, but is poor on the possession side, I'm surprised Hali isn't doing better with scoring.

TBH, as much as I dislike Thor, a Kane - Lowry - Thor line could be a pretty punishing line, and good on the forecheck.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS

Hali, but not a huge amount of difference either way. Hali's possession numbers are better, but he's also played with better players for more of his TOI. For someone who typically scores well, but is poor on the possession side, I'm surprised Hali isn't doing better with scoring.

TBH, as much as I dislike Thor, a Kane - Lowry - Thor line could be a pretty punishing line, and good on the forecheck.

such a depressing chart lol
don't get me wrong, we've made great progress this year, but when your third line is a choice between those two....

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
don't get me wrong, we've made great progress this year, but when your third line is a choice between those two....

Can't wait for next year where even if we send someone like Petan to the AHL he's still available to be called up anytime to fix these problems.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Don't shoot the messenger! :laugh: I agree: we could really use a #3 RW to bolster that line. I'd be more than OK with our roster, even with a slightly weak 4th line, if we could add some depth to push both those players down one rung.

Can't wait for next year where even if we send someone like Petan to the AHL he's still available to be called up anytime to fix these problems.

Yep! That'll be very nice. :nod:

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
220-Carleton-300x144.jpg

To read click here.

Anyone else think this was a shady move? True North wants to build a hotel on their lot across from Shark Club and the one at the convention centre will be competition. They sign an option for the Carlton Inn site and in doing so cost the city 12.25 million dollars.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

just take a moment to think how much we're paying Kane a year to play on a 3rd line and "punish".
oy vey

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
just take a moment to think how much we're paying Kane a year to play on a 3rd line and "punish".
oy vey

True, but I'm more concerned about winning than where someone is playing. Kane gets his icetime, and eventually the roster will see some improvement at 3RW.

3 lines that are a danger to score, with one real smash-mouth line: I'm OK with that. Makes for a tough team to play against, and as others have said - Kane can help a line score all by his lonesome, so unfortunately, it sort of makes sense to place him there.

Add Burmi / Petan / Ehlers to the RW next year, and that line looks very interesting. Two big guys with an elite playmaker.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

... well, actually, the third line "choice" was supposed to include #33. With Buff back to D, the Jets have a glut at RD, and a deficit at RW. This would not be a bad line-up.

LLW
Perreault-Scheif-Frolik
Kane-Lowry-Buff
Hali-Slater-Peluso

Enstrom-Bogo
Chiarot-Trouba
Stuart/Harr - Postma

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Add Burmi / Petan / Ehlers to the RW next year, and that line looks very interesting. Two big guys with an elite playmaker.

Yup...

LLW
Ehlers-Scheifele-Frolik
Kane-Lowry-Perreault
etc...

or

LLW
Perreault-Scheif-Frolik
Kane-Lowry-Ehlers

Replace Frolik with Burmi, if he doesn't re-sign.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
oy vey

Seems to have been working for him the last 5 games or so, I'm happy with Kane but it would be nice to add an additional legit 3rd line player to go with him, if not two realistically.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Seems to have been working for him the last 5 games or so, I'm happy with Kane but it would be nice to add an additional legit 3rd line player to go with him, if not two realistically.

Sounds like Letang is good to go for tomorrow's game

Derfel*

Perreault was supposed to be our upgrade to the third line, but he went and ruined it by being too good. Jerk.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Because when Crosby and Malkin dropped out of the ASG, the Pens cancelled the Limo that was supposed to pick up their players after the game and bring them to Pittsburgh. They told Fleury he could pick up an economy class vehicle from Alamo and after the performance he put up last night, Buff told Fleury he owed him a ride to the game. He is sleeping in the backseat and made Fleury push the seat forward as far as it would go for more room. I know this all sounds far fetched but when Buff scores from behind the faceoff circle in the opening seconds of the game and Fleury blows out both of his knees trying to stop it, you'll know it was all true.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:handclap:

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
... well, actually, the third line "choice" was supposed to include #33. With Buff back to D, the Jets have a glut at RD, and a deficit at RW. This would not be a bad line-up.

LLW
Perreault-Scheif-Frolik
Kane-Lowry-Buff
Hali-Slater-Peluso

Enstrom-Bogo
Chiarot-Trouba
Stuart/Harr - Postma

Stacked!!

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Its warmer in Winnipeg today than it is in Pittsburgh.

And they say cold is a reason not to hold a ASG here :p:

As for the game, this is actually a should win game. Without Malkin or Crosby, the Pens lineup isn't very impressive.

Manitoba was getting reeeally warm by the time I left.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game and I agree, definitely a should win. A rested, healthy Jets side against the more than depleted Penguins - I'll be very unhappy if we lose this one. Gonna crack open cider methinks. :laugh:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow

over/under 50 SAC% for the 3rd line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad