Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Penguins Jan 27 6:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
If the game gets postponed due to weather, I'll be pissed. Philly is neither here nor there, but Pittsburgh without half their roster is a huge advantage to lose. Winter, my eternal adversary.

If the snow is expected tonight and tomorrow, this game is more likely than the Philly one to be rescheduled actually. They can say it's unsafe just to get the players to the arena even if they're in the city already or that they wouldn't expect fans to show up under such conditions.
:laugh: I like that (bolded) line.
Pitts is more inland than Philly, so the worst of the storm may miss it.
Winter may be your friend in this case!

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
If the game gets postponed due to weather, I'll be pissed. Philly is neither here nor there, but Pittsburgh without half their roster is a huge advantage to lose. Winter, my eternal adversary.

If the snow is expected tonight and tomorrow, this game is more likely than the Philly one to be rescheduled actually. They can say it's unsafe just to get the players to the arena even if they're in the city already or that they wouldn't expect fans to show up under such conditions.

Looking at the weather maps, the snow is concentrated along the coast. Since Pittsburgh is quite a bit inland, they are not supposed to get much snow at all. I don't think it will be a problem.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Looking at the weather maps, the snow is concentrated along the coast. Since Pittsburgh is quite a bit inland, they are not supposed to get much snow at all. I don't think it will be a problem.

My friend in Philly has been posting on facebook of all of the snow they're supposed to get and Pittsburgh isn't even covered in the outskirts of the storm.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Its warmer in Winnipeg today than it is in Pittsburgh.

And they say cold is a reason not to hold a ASG here :p:

As for the game, this is actually a should win game. Without Malkin or Crosby, the Pens lineup isn't very impressive.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Brian Munz ‏@BrianMunzTSN
Matthieu Perreault is on the ice for #NHLJets practice in Pittsburgh. Byfuglien is the only player not taking part.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Matthieu Perreault is on the ice for #NHLJets practice in Pittsburgh. Byfuglien is the only player not taking part.

I wonder if he's wearing a non contact jersey?

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Forward lines at #NHLJets practice:

16-18-26
85-55-67
9-17-22
15-19-14

Thorburn has earned a spot on the 3rd line. Hali relegated to the 4th. My comment, not Munz's

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
Why would Buff be driving he didn't win the car?

Because when Crosby and Malkin dropped out of the ASG, the Pens cancelled the Limo that was supposed to pick up their players after the game and bring them to Pittsburgh. They told Fleury he could pick up an economy class vehicle from Alamo and after the performance he put up last night, Buff told Fleury he owed him a ride to the game. He is sleeping in the backseat and made Fleury push the seat forward as far as it would go for more room. I know this all sounds far fetched but when Buff scores from behind the faceoff circle in the opening seconds of the game and Fleury blows out both of his knees trying to stop it, you'll know it was all true.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@TonyMarinaro: Been told that Kristopher Letang will be in lineup tomorrow night when Pittsburgh Penguins host the Winnipeg Jets. Glad hes ok. Good news.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Meh. My reaction to Halischuk vs. Thorburn:

anigif_idc-17858-1311881440-1.gif

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
no. regular.

@WiebeSunSports 11m11 minutes ago
Earlier tweet didn't send out, Mathieu Perreault (arm) is on ice with #NHLJets in a regular jersey

Forward lines at #NHLJets practice:

16-18-26
85-55-67
9-17-22
15-19-14

Thorburn has earned a spot on the 3rd line. Hali relegated to the 4th. My comment, not Munz's

Great news!

Getting Perreault back is enough to make me not worry about whether it's Thorburn or Hali on the 3rd line for a little bit. That spot still needs to be upgraded for sure, but Thorburn has been a little better than usual lately IMO.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
It gets better...

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 20s21 seconds ago
Nothing official yet, but indications are that Greiss will be in goal against Winnipeg Tuesday and Fleury will play Wednesday in Washington.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Because when Crosby and Malkin dropped out of the ASG, the Pens cancelled the Limo that was supposed to pick up their players after the game and bring them to Pittsburgh. They told Fleury he could pick up an economy class vehicle from Alamo and after the performance he put up last night, Buff told Fleury he owed him a ride to the game. He is sleeping in the backseat and made Fleury push the seat forward as far as it would go for more room. I know this all sounds far fetched but when Buff scores from behind the faceoff circle in the opening seconds of the game and Fleury blows out both of his knees trying to stop it, you'll know it was all true.

Thats exactly how I saw it playing out. Thanks. Allthough scoring on Fleury from center would not be conclusive evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad