GDT: Jets vs. Kings-Take serious at your own risk edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'll just set up signs with the other teams logos at the holes for him if that's who it is. He seems to be able to hit it every time on the goalies.

Well played.

Semi-related: seems weird to think about it now, but I remember Thrashers fans would make this exact same joke about Evander Kane after his first two seasons.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No he's not, he's still got 1220 vCash, no bet, no believe.

Btw crazy so far in vBookie, 27000 so far on the jets to 4800 on the kings.

Yeah we are a bunch of homers. I've been limiting myself to a 100 vCash per wager and it has been working pretty well so far, but before the NHL season season started I didn't bet as an admitted homer :help:

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
just cracked a Stiegl

stiegl.jpg

EvilCoop

What year is it?
Nov 29, 2011
The Black Lodge
So Center Ice only has two channels in HD, which means that games like today's will be standard definition. Why does my team have to be the most obscure in the NHL? :( (Gamecenter is even worse IMO)

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
If the Jets can stop the Kings from pinning them in their own zone for extended periods they've got a shot at this.

I'm ecstatic that Tangradi is bumped up to the 3rd line - I'm giddy at the thought of possibly THREE lines that can contribute to scoring.

I'm so excited for the start of the game! I've got some IPA chilling, gyros from Olympia are on the way, and once I've finished taking the dog for her nightly airing, I'm plunking down on the couch for the duration.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
If the Jets can stop the Kings from pinning them in their own zone for extended periods they've got a shot at this.

I'm ecstatic that Tangradi is bumped up to the 3rd line - I'm giddy at the thought of possibly THREE lines that can contribute to scoring.

I'm so excited for the start of the game! I've got some IPA chilling, gyros from Olympia are on the way, and once I've finished taking the dog for her nightly airing, I'm plunking down on the couch for the duration.

If Wheeler plays like he did last game he may be switching spots with Tangradi!:sarcasm:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Last game Noel made an interesting change in strategy for zone usage...

High OZS for Scheif line (normal)
~50% for 3rd line (normal) and Slater line (new)
Almost no OZS for LLW line (new)

So Noel really gave it tough to the LLW line.

Pushes the possession up but limits the amount of offensive players playing in the other teams zone... be interesting to see if he continues this and if so what the end effects will be like.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Good luck tonight, guys. It feels like it's been forever since we last played you.

Also, Doughty looks very pretty in the pic on the first page. :laugh:

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
And yeah I very much dislike Hall for the stupid way he plays, I REALLY wish Troubs had made contact and blown him up ala Doughty every time the Kings take on Edmonton. Next time Hall, next time.

My hope for tonight is for Trouba is to lay a clean shoulder into Doughty that will have the effect of Doughty NEVER entering the Jets zone without being completely aware of his surroundings. (I hope that doesn't break any rules here...)

I say that knowing that my wife's 2nd favorite team is the Kings :yo:

I, on the other hand, have no 2nd favorite team. For me it's ALL JETS ALL THE TIME :handclap:

White Out 403*

I'm hoping to see a better 1st and 2nd period from Pavs tonight, better defensive coverage, and more sustained offensive pressure.

So yeah... get it done?

GO JETS

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Noel is out watching the kings warmup like a hawk and taking notes. This is new, he almost never comes out during warmups.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My hope for tonight is for Trouba is to lay a clean shoulder into Doughty that will have the effect of Doughty NEVER entering the Jets zone without being completely aware of his surroundings. (I hope that doesn't break any rules here...)

I say that knowing that my wife's 2nd favorite team is the Kings :yo:

I, on the other hand, have no 2nd favorite team. For me it's ALL JETS ALL THE TIME :handclap:

I hear you on not having a 2nd favorite team. The concept really doesn't register. The closest I can come is NYI because I have Tavares & Moulson in my main hockey draft, but I couldn't really give a **** about team results as long as they get points.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Last game Noel made an interesting change in strategy for zone usage...

High OZS for Scheif line (normal)
~50% for 3rd line (normal) and Slater line (new)
Almost no OZS for LLW line (new)

So Noel really gave it tough to the LLW line.

Pushes the possession up but limits the amount of offensive players playing in the other teams zone... be interesting to see if he continues this and if so what the end effects will be like.

Thanks. That's something to watch for tonight.

Jets just have to play so much better tonight -- you can't rely on pulling rabbits out of hats at the last minute against teams like the Kings.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Took my daughter to her first ever skating lesson tonight.

Now she wants to watch the Jets. Good evening so far, now we just need a win.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
WTF !!! Anyone else with Bell? Have had no problems in 2 years now it is showing the Jets channel as an unsubscribed channel. **** ME:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:(:(

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
WTF !!! Anyone else with Bell? Have had no problems in 2 years now it is showing the Jets channel as an unsubscribed channel. **** ME:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:(:(

We have a thread on it, there's still time to get it done!

At least you don't have to stream most of the season no matter what.

EDIT

Holy crap I forgot the first 2 weeks are a free preview of Center Ice, thank god!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad