Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Was in the Habs thread.

Funny and nice to Jets there.

They have concided the game.

Can the nhl official just write this game off.
No players play. So no injuries.
And since some mentioned 8 zero Jets.

Can we make up the score sheets also :)

Laine 4 goals ( 2 on pp 2 on es)
Connor 1 goal
Ehlers 2 goals
Stastny 1 goal

Laine 7 points ;)
Wheeler 2 assist
Ehlers 4 points
Stasny 4 points
Schiefele 2 points

Yeah the Habs board is awesome on here. I've been on the GDT for games when I watch the Habs and they rock.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
But the French anthem doesn't have true north ou vrai nord (it's a slightly different anthem... actually fun fact it's the original incarnation of the Canadian national anthem!)
I don't speak french. Don't they change the words to say something roughly translated like 'The Brits didn't really win - early fake news - that's why we still speak french here'.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Another great GDT Zhamnov!
Montreal has always been my go to team whenever we didn't have an NHL Jets team to cheer for. Still root for them unless we play them.
Looking forward to seeing Niku. Would really like it if the Jets worked on their defense in this game and didn't worry about padding stats. Might make for a boring game, but I would like to take that into the POs.
Please no injuries.
Would like to see the Ehlers, Stastny, Laine line click.
Can we hit 110?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
You should've written spoilers in the GDT! I haven't seen the end of The Warriors >;(

Sorry dude, I did avoid several things that would have given away a lot more. The movie has been out for 39 years. I'd still highly recommend that you watch it.
Many parts of the movie have been celebrated in other pop culture.
The Simpsons have an episode heavily dedicated to it.
Shaq from the NBA liked to use the "Can You Dig It" line.

Reactions: Bastage

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
No player is going to want to sit out unless they are nursing an injury that is significantly effecting their play, I would guess there is not a single player that is 100% right now.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Yeah the Habs board is awesome on here. I've been on the GDT for games when I watch the Habs and they rock.

They are a very fun board! Lots of funny lads over there, entertaining, great GDTs and gifs.

As related aside, I think we have an awesome board too, our GDTs are among legendary tier (remember the BDTs?) compared to some GDTs on the (entire HF boards) forum. We have that in common with the Habs board.

I don't speak french. Don't they change the words to say something roughly translated like 'The Brits didn't really win - early fake news - that's why we still speak french here'.

haha naw - another fun fact - there were 2 iterations of the english canadian anthem, the first one was a more direct translation of the french anthem but it didn't sound right, and I think it was 10 years later they revisited the english anthem and rewrote it to sound more like the french anthem but had to modify the lyrics...and this is the current national anthem

Reactions: Afterburner

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Sorry dude, I did avoid several things that would have given away a lot more. The movie has been out for 39 years. I'd still highly recommend that you watch it.

So, in order to avoid spoilers, people should avoid all pop culture, the Television and Basketball.

You're welcome. :)

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
They are a very fun board! Lots of funny lads over there, entertaining, great GDTs and gifs.

As related aside, I think we have an awesome board too, our GDTs are among legendary tier (remember the BDTs?) compared to some GDTs on the (entire HF boards) forum. We have that in common with the Habs board.

haha naw - another fun fact - there were 2 iterations of the english canadian anthem, the first one was a more direct translation of the french anthem but it didn't sound right, and I think it was 10 years later they revisited the english anthem and rewrote it to sound more like the french anthem but had to modify the lyrics...and this is the current national anthem

And it's amazing how the writer had a divine vision telling him that TNSE would bring the Jets back to Winnipeg, so he needed to include the words, TRUE NORTH in the anthem. I mean, the Jets didn't even exist then. Clearly a MIRACLE!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is it time to shuffle up the Little & Stastny lines for this game?

Perreault Stastny Laine
Ehlers Little Roslovic

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

We're also pretty welcoming as a board to those who come in a respectful manner, we have that in common with them too. And heck yeah the GDT are freaking awesome, Zham and Mud have been doing some next level **** this year :D

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You know what I mean

I think in your case it has arrived ;)

IMG_0826.jpg

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'd prefer:

Laine Stats Rosie
Perreault Lits Ehlers

But I also would mind seeing Laine and Ehlers broken up...

Yeah no...I don't think we'll be suddenly deciding to play players on their off wings in the playoffs. You dance with who you brought to the dance.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Thanks Zhamnov, in my defense I wasn’t really being serious about spoilers on a 40 year old movie ,D Great GDT as usual, thanks so much for making these!! Hugely appreciated.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad