Jets vs. Ducks: "Closest" Sweep of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
No.

The Ducks were clearly superior every game.

Even when they were down on the scoreboard, they never looked like they weren't in complete control of the game.

Not game 3. They were the better team in the 3rd period and parts of overtime.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Game 1 2 & 4 were awful.
Game 3 was entertaining.

The Jets had the lead going into the 3rd of the first 3 games & choked.
The Ducks never actually dominated the Jets but got the sweep.

**** happens. ;)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah..this series wasn't that close. Much less great viewing-wise.

I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Also that whole Kesler trade was the story of the series having watched the Ducks spit the bit several times in recent years it was interesting watching his line maintain pressure and push them over the top in tight games. In the past you could weaken Anaheim in terms of this or at least stem their momentum swings or help limit their answers. I thought he was key to this series. I know Perry and Getzlaf were very good, but that is one of those trades you have waited all year to say I believe the fit is there does he make the difference and yes their ultimate goal has a long way to go. But Kesler answered the bell big time in round one.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Also that whole Kesler trade was the story of the series having watched the Ducks spit the bit several times in recent years it was interesting watching his line maintain pressure and push them over the top in tight games. In the past you could weaken Anaheim in terms of this or at least stem their momentum swings or help limit their answers. I thought he was key to this series. I know Perry and Getzlaf were very good, but that is one of those trades you have waited all year to say I believe the fit is there does he make the difference and yes their ultimate goal has a long way to go. But Kesler answered the bell big time in round one.

Probably more than you realize. I'm pretty sure Getzlaf is hurt. Something lower body, because it's impacting his skating pretty noticeably. It's something I think he's been dealing with since the All Star break.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Have we really reached the point here where we're ranking sweeps?

Might be time to turn out the lights around here...

SenatorArmy*

I don't know, Montreal's current sweep of Ottawa is pretty close

Last edited by a moderator:

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
I always thought the Wild put up a pretty good fight against the Ducks in the 03 WCF. Giguere was ****ing unstoppable that series.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL

I actually thought Getzlaf and Perry were very quiet in this series. Game 1 when Perry scored twice it seemed like that was the only time it was on his stick. He wasn't noticeable at all otherwise. Kesler was carrying the play and dominating on face-offs.

That was a damn good trade for them.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
1997 ducks/wings for sure

still remember that series clearly. it's definitely the answer to the "closest sweep" in nhl history

03 ducks/wings is up there too

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
Wow this is not a very well thought out thread lol. ..1999 oilers vs stars was verrry close in that sweep

planetary

Jan 17, 2015
Probably more than you realize. I'm pretty sure Getzlaf is hurt. Something lower body, because it's impacting his skating pretty noticeably. It's something I think he's been dealing with since the All Star break.

Getzlaf was pretty awful in this series. I thought it may have been an upper body injury since he was fumbling the puck a lot. However, a lower body injury makes sense because he would lose the puck mostly when he was making a cut near the half boards.

Either way he is definitely injured.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
2009 canucks vs blues was really close.

Game 1. 2-1 canucks
Game 2 3-0 canucks
Game 3 3-2 canucks
Game 4 3-2 Canucks in overtime

That was a tough hard hitting series .
Glad for Van but you had to feel bad that a team that brought alot to that series was swept...definitely not a 4 game series

mmbt

Cheeky Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
California
Visit site
I always thought the Wild put up a pretty good fight against the Ducks in the 03 WCF. Giguere was ****ing unstoppable that series.

The Wild didn't even manage a goal until the series was all but over, outside of 1 great chance for Gaborik it never felt like they managed anything that was a threat to score on a red hot Giguere. The Duck-Wings series from that year was much closer in terms of either team having had good chances to win each game late, and the games in Anaheim were good tussles.. In 97 despite the OTs between Detroit and Anaheim the play was more lopsided.

seasontixholder*

The Jets/Ducks series was close but not even close to other series in history. People have named so many other ones.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
This Winnipeg love-fest is getting tiresome...the Zombie-Thrashers got swept. Their fans gave them a standing O. See you next season.

SERIOUSLY though...who cares? Series is over. Go back to your lives. It was a sweep. The Ducks were the much better team. The Jets were close to winning maybe one game. They definitely proved me wrong. I thought it was going 7 with the home teams winning every game. They proved to have a couple of playoff shortcomers and the discipline of a 4 year old.

Jul 22, 2012
I thought it was a great series viewing wise. The Jets could have won a couple games if they had a few bounces, but I don't think they had any shot at winning the series.

seasontixholder*

OK Ducks fans. Get off your high Buttercup. The Jets had the lead for 3/4 of the series. So to say the Jets were not in it is a complete lie. Check your stats. If not call Donald or Mickey.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
OK Ducks fans. Get off your high horses. The Jets had the lead for 3/4 of the series. So to say the Jets were not in it is a complete lie. Check your stats. If not call Donald or Mickey.

High horse?

The Jets were in the lead for much of it, but were they in control? Certainly not. It was close in terms of the score. That's it. I'm not going to suggest Anaheim completely dominated the play, because I don't think that is the case, but they did carry the play in at least 3 of the 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad