Jets vs. Ducks: "Closest" Sweep of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorthander

Apr 2, 2011
Winnipeg had a pretty tenuous grasp on the leads they had in those games and leaned heavily on Pavelec for the entirety of the games.

Last edited by a moderator:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would never ask for forgiveness from anyone for telling the truth & expressing my honest opinions.

Neither of our fanbases were innocent of being poor sports at times.

Life is full of disappointments & people just have to get used of it. :)

You keep telling yourself that. I don't think you'll convince others, though. Don't call out others for poor sportsmanship after being a prime example of exactly that. That's just hypocrisy.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I would never ask for forgiveness from anyone for telling the truth & expressing my honest opinions.

Neither of our fanbases were innocent of being poor sports at times.

Life is full of disappointments & people just have to get used of it. :)

Just curious. Why are all of the posts you quote after your own comments?

Kirikanoir

Dec 16, 2010
1994-95
Conference Semi-Finals (4-0) Chicago over Vancouver

Game 1 Vancouver 1 at Chicago 2 OT
Game 2 Vancouver 0 at Chicago 2
Game 3 Chicago 3 at Vancouver 2 OT
Game 4 Chicago 4 at Vancouver 3 OT

Game 1 Vancouver led by a goal before Chicago tied it up midway through the 3rd period. Chicago scored a goal on the power play 9:04 of the 1st OT

Game 2 Vancouver only trailed 1-0 until 5:48 of the 3rd period.

Game 3 Vancouver led 2-1 until Chicago tied it up at 19:15 of the 3rd period, 45 seconds left in the game. Chicago won on a Chris Chelios goal 6:22 of the 1st OT It would be Chelios`s first of back to back OT game winners in the series.

Game 4 Vancouver led 3-1 until Chicago scored in the last minute of the second 19:12 to narrow the lead to one. Then they tied it up at 10:49 of the third period sending the game to overtime once again.
In the OT Chris Chelios would get his second OT winner at 5:35 of the first OT to end the game and the series.

This series had to one of the most bizzare sweeps ever. Usually when a team sweeps a series they are clearly the more dominate superior team. Yet this series with one or two breaks different could just as easily been tied 2-2 or even a 3-1 Vancouver lead.

Ironically in the Conference Final Chicago would lose a 4-1 series to Detroit, all by one goal and 3 of the 4 would be OT losses.

Game 1 Chicago 1 at Detroit 2 (OT)
Game 2 Chicago 2 at Detroit 3
Game 3 Detroit 4 at Chicago 3 (2OT)
Game 4 Detroit 2 at Chicago 5
Game 5 Chicago 1 at Detroit 2 (2OT)

PTK

Oct 15, 2010
1998 habs vs Sabres. It actually shouldn't have been close so maybe it doesn't fit the thread. Switch goalies and the habs win in a rout. Hasek stole it. Outshot by 60 over 4 games and the Sabres sweep. Habs averaged 40 shots a game, Sabres 25.

Jerk Store*

The Jets-Ducks series was one of the most entertaining series to watch in the first round, and yet it ended in a sweep. The Ducks overcame third period deficits in each of the first three games, and every game was very tight from start to finish. Was this the 'closest' sweep of all time? If not, which sweeps in the past have been closer?

Sure

stock-footage-businessman-with-hand-on-colleagues-shoulder-on-greenscreen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->