GDT: Jets vs Coyotes (Feb-6th, 7pm CDT) - "The First Arch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I have dozens times been able to enjoy myself outdoors in -20 or colder weather. We can dress for the occasion. But how the heck does one do that when it goes to +45 or more in Phoenix? Pretty much stuck indoors or in a swimming pool when it's that hot. And believe me it get extremely hot there.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Great job yet again, Zham! :thumbu:

I've quickly read the thread and didn't notice In-N-Out Burger getting any love. What the heck?!? You must check them out if you're a burger lover and find yourself in one the States that has them! :nod:
yeah games like this rarely go the way I think they should. I'm looking for the Jets to lay a serious arse-kicking on the Yotes but I bet that's not what we get...
I bet everything I've got that we do!

bets.png

GJG!!!

Last edited:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I think Aavco has it right. Depends on where we are after the first period.

And believe it or not, Applebees has a great burger.
Never had an Applebee's burger but you know who used to have a real good one was Smittys. I think it might have been called a rocky mountain burger? Had lotsa cheese and a big slab of back bacon on it with a juicy and generous hockey puck in there. It was delicious.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Great GDT as always! Especially nice was that you've gone to lengths to dug up the biggest Finnish burger chain to represent Laine. But for the reason that Hesburger was originated in the city of Turku - from which none of our Finnish players are from - let me provide you alternatives (place and the dish) to represent our Finnish players.

Pate:
upload_2018-2-6_22-36-10.jpeg

Mustamakkara - Wikipedia

Joel:
upload_2018-2-6_22-38-28.jpeg

Porilainen - Wikipedia

(And for a little bonus, this would then have to be Nik:)
images

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I have dozens times been able to enjoy myself outdoors in -20 or colder weather. We can dress for the occasion. But how the heck does one do that when it goes to +45 or more in Phoenix? Pretty much stuck indoors or in a swimming pool when it's that hot. And believe me it get extremely hot there.

sure, but I'll take +20 over -20 every day of the week. And I'll take +30 over -40. I have a much easier time with the heat than I do the cold.

kaolinite

Oct 24, 2013
Pumped Petan Slots back in! Fingers crossed the 4th line gets some decent ice time. No better opportunity than tonight. GO JETS GO

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
sure, but I'll take +20 over -20 every day of the week. And I'll take +30 over -40. I have a much easier time with the heat than I do the cold.

Does Phoenix get +20 in the summer? I think it's more like +35 to +45

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Phoenix also has around 30 years or so until it gets so hot people literally cannot live there anymore. Climate change is going to make cold places seem like paradise.

Sad stuff. Every year a bit more excruciating than the last.

Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Does Phoenix get +20 in the summer? I think it's more like +35 to +45

Oh I know...Phoenix is too hot. But in general, I'd take a warmer climate over a colder one myself. I just don't have the gumption to move...lol

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Oh I know...Phoenix is too hot. But in general, I'd take a warmer climate over a colder one myself. I just don't have the gumption to move...lol

Well I moved away from Winnipeg winter. So I get it. but where I live I can still enjoy the summer outdoors.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Please crush the old Jets and then throw them in the recycle bin so Quebec can have them.
We need another button that transcends the mere "Like" thumbs up.
Something that says "Right ****ing on Point Brother" or "Hell YEAH Times 1000"
That symbol would be like: The Horns, and you could mash it as many times as you want.
I don't think "Like" always has enough gravitas.

a0f894e4fa5b3526339fe2ae25e62aae01ff362d261139779c881c4152648a59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad